Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Nudism From a Man's Viewpoint
 I am fat, will I not be accepted?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: first time and nervous! Topic Next Topic: Hairy or Shaved
Page: of 2

transparentman

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  12:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 43 years old, and I got a lot of respiratory infection in the last couple of years, and I had to take steroids to keep my breathing while I was sick. The steroids made me gain a lot of weight, and It's not coming off, even though I exercise, and eat healthy.
Here is the question, should I not go to a resort because my body may offend others, and will other people not except me because I am fat, and will they make fun of me? I am 5'6" and about 270 lb.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  04:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody has concerns on the way they look to themselves, and quickly realize their fears were just that, we come in all shapes and sizes, and finding out they'll except you regardless of what one looks like, don't worry no one is perfect, which you'll find out when you visit a resort.

go n nude

txvic
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  09:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry. Being accepted as you are is one of the beauty points of nudism. Don't put off trying it until you are "in better shape". It was hard for me to get over too as I am no Mr. Olympia myself. Just go. You will wonder why you waited so long as I and many other have.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  12:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudism is about accepting yourself and others for who you are and how you act rather than what you look like. Go, relax, have fun.
Teva

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  9:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing about nudist resorts: NOBODY CARES about what you look like! It's not about that! It's all about experiencing time away from the "textile world!" Just go to a resort, campground, etc., shed your clothes, relax, and HAVE FUN! Seriously! Nobody will care!

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudist do come in all shapes and sizes, colors and eveything else hurry up your missing all the fun.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  9:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The human body is as varied as our fingerprints; no two alike. Our minds are also different, as are our personalities. So, Transparentman, a group without out you is missing someone. Right? So, be that someone! Check around and see with which group(s) you might be the most comfortable. You can use a search engine to find groups near you. Some will be structured resorts with facilities, and others will be groups who get together but have no land.

Without meaning to be insensitive, have you tried eating mostly vegetables? They can be filling but not add very many calories to one's diet. A pound of string beans is only 125 calories, for example, and you can put spices on them. I can only eat about 1½ pounds of them at a sitting, and then I am stuffed. That is only 190 calories. Cucumbers are the lowest in calorie density, with only 0.1 calories per gram, or 2.8 calories per ounce. A whole cucumber is about 40 calories, and with summer time arriving, they make nice snacks, as opposed to what the majority of Americans eat for snacks. 100s of calories come from the typical American snack.

I hope that helps some for you.

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.” -John Adams

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  08:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not worry too much about the fact that you might be overweight. Social nudity is about accepting people as they are and not to focus on having the so called "perfect body". You will find that the majority of people will accept you as you are.

IslandDave

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  09:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 5'11" and weigh 240. I have found that this lifestyle actually helps me with my self esteem, even when fully clothed.

Dcard

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  03:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Dcard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I was reading your question concerning how you look. About nine years ago, I experienced a huge pagan gathering where it was clothing optional. Of course, it was my first experience to seeing some of my friends and other strangers nude. They were freely expressing themselves, but of course, I was scared sh*tless. I'd never thought I would be capable of doing that, plus, I'm huge weight-wise and felt I would be ridicule due to my size and shape. I don't have that great of a figure, so I was afraid, but after camping out for several days, I began to feel this serene feeling, as though the earth was calling out to me. I realized that I'd become one with nature. I finally went to take a shower out in the open when they ran out of water. So, I didn't express myself then, but the following years, I attended, I didn't seem to have a care in the world, as I continue to realize I was one with nature. No one judged me by my looks. That's a good thing, it taught me so many things, that I learned not to judge others regardless of their lives. It's a great feeling communing with nature. The other entries here are very positive. Once you experience it, there's no turning back, it's a lively feeling.

txvic
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto Dcard and IslandDave. They hit the nail on the head!

Mister Pappy

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  9:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to this forum. I have been looking around at the various posts since signing on. I gotta say that it is very refreshing to see the supportive nature of the great majority of you here.

I am a 43 year old married man with three kids. Our family has practiced and taught "naturism" in theory and "at home" practice for the last 3 or 4 years, but have never ventured out into the world and actually practiced what we have preached to our children.

Part of that reason has been my own personal discomfort with my body. I too am a large fellow. I was particulary happy to see this topic and read the responses. Isn't it funny how, as adults, we can know what is best to tell our children about how to live their lives, but living it ourselves is often so difficult?

It is my goal in 2010 to put aside (overcome) my own petty hangups and bring my entire family into the lifestyle that I know will be healthy for them and for my grandchildren to come. I believe this forum may be my ticket to doing just that. Thanks to all of you for being here and for being true to your philosophy.

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  10:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pappy,
Don't over think it just do it. As you can see we are not exactly built for speed and believe me on one cares.

Good Luck

Diger

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  10:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pappy go and enjoy especially if your children are young but beware that when they become teens they may and probably will loss interest but if they do that shouldn't stop you and your wifefrom enjoying the nudist lifestyle for years to come. i remember years ago my first wife and i were at lake como and ran into a older couple in their 80's they said they had been nudist for 50 years at least, needless to say i thought that was the coolest thing i have seen in years. i would love for my retirement years to be spent in a nudist resort over being in a retirement community.

Mister Pappy

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  10:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diger,

Thanks for the advice ... that is exactly what we plan to do.

Sailawaybob,

We have three kids, 8, 11, and 15 ... they all seem excited about the idea right now. I am curious to learn more from you about why you say they will or may lose interest. Is this the way it usually goes?

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mister Pappy, yes, children often shy away from nudism when they get to the age of body awareness, and things are changing with their body. It's a natural occurrence.

Since we try not to change the subject here (it's called topic hijacking), look for the sections of the forum regarding children, mental health, etc. There is plenty of information for you there.

This forum thread is about being accepted socially when you are overweight and nude.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: first time and nervous! Topic Next Topic: Hairy or Shaved  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.07 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved