Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 401 ]  [ Total: 401 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Applying suntan lotion
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Help for a new nudist Topic Next Topic: Question about conservative
Page: of 2

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  4:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone.

My apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum.I was not sure if I should be posting in this forum or the one that deals with suntans.

I have a question that I hope people can answer for me. I am new to nudism and wanted to ask a question. Up until now, I am only slept nude and will sometimes walk around my house when I have it to myself (my family does not practice nudism).

I am planning to attend my first clothing optional beach at Haulover Beach and wanted to ask about applying suntan lotion to certain parts of my body. Specially my backside and my private areas.

Since this will be first time at a clothing optional beach, I want to be apply to apply suntan lotion to all parts of my body to avoid potential sunburn. I assume that is not appropriate to apply suntan lotion to those areas in front of others so I am wondering if Haulover Beach has a changing area so that I can apply suntan lotion away from the eyes of others so that I do not offend anyone.

If Haulover Beach does not have a changing area, should I apply suntan lotion to those areas before I leave my house so as to not offend anyone? How long should I wait before I put on underwear (would the underwear soak up the suntan lotion and thus make it a useless gesture?)

Also does anyone know a link that can provide assistance in terms of what to do and what not to do at a nudist beach? I am so worried that I might do something that might offend someone simply out of ignorance.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate any assistance that any one can provide me.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  8:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use the spray on lotion. It is quick and simple.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  12:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just do it. As long as you aren't exceptionally, um, thorough when applying lotion to the naughty bits, I doubt anyone would notice. Balto Bob is right about the spray, it's quick 'n' easy. It is also COLD, which may cause (or cure) other problems.

jim33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  09:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim33's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too use spray on sun block. Relax and enjoy the experience.

Best Wishes, Jim

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  1:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Just do it. As long as you aren't exceptionally, um, thorough when applying lotion to the naughty bits, I doubt anyone would notice. ...

What are "naughty bits"?

Why are "naughty bits" called "naughty bits"?

What is "naughty" about "naughty bits"?

jw1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  6:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc has it right...It is ok and understood to apply suntan lotion to one's genitals same as you would any other exposed part of your body...nobody will have a problem unless you devote too much attention to that particular area.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  9:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Naughty bits" is a time-honored Monty Python euphemism ... as if you didn't know.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  04:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

"Naughty bits" is a time-honored Monty Python euphemism ... as if you didn't know.

I vaguely recall seeing someone on TV once (about 3:00 AM, back before color came in, when screens were the size of a postage stamp) wearing a dress and mumbling very fast over one of those intrusive laugh tracks intended to convince a bored audience that something funny was going on. I couldn't understand a word (figured it was either British or eastern European, maybe Czech), so I killed it within a minute or so.

Was that this python person?

Whatever its origin, and whatever its meaning, your term has a highly prissy, prudish, anti-nudity ring to it. I was surprised to see it in a nudist forum.

Cactus Jack

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  11:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem I have is this one little spot in the middle of my back. I can't reach it and the spray doesn't cover it very good.

How can people develop wholesome clean thoughts about nudity when they are taught that immorality is ok?
People can only harvest from what is planted.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  12:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cactus Jack

The problem I have is this one little spot in the middle of my back. I can't reach it and the spray doesn't cover it very good.

Attach a sponge to a stick. :-)

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  11:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Or a Garden Sprayer could work .... LOL

Diger

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  11:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Or, you could ask an attractive person to apply it to your back. That is a two-fer; you get suntan lotion applied, and you just met a new person.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  10:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the advice. Someone else that I have been communicating with who is a long time nudist also mentioned to use a spray not only for those private areas but also to help with getting my back since it is hard to use a cream to cover your back.

Thanks again.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  2:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how is it private when your nude?

Live love and have fun

B and S

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  11:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We discovered that we like putting sunscreen on at home, rather than when we get there. Not that much rubbed off in our clothes on the drive to the beach, and we didn't have to deal with gawkers or sand blowing while applying the stuff.

We did, however, put on the bug repellant when we arrived, because it is very oily and only takes a few seconds to spray on.

MTBnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  12:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I go to nude beaches or resorts, I simpley get nude an spray on my sun screen. If my girlfriend is with me I sometimes will use the rub on an she'll get my back for me but as for my "bits" I've already gotten sun burn on the head of my penis an I NEVER want that to happen again!! I always apply a very small amount to the head of my penis. There is a right an wrong way to do everything. As long as you do nothing more then, apply the sun block to your penis as you would the rest of your body. There is nothing wrong with it unless you make something wrong with it.

Life is short,PLAY NAKED!!
Blessed Be!!
Derek

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Help for a new nudist Topic Next Topic: Question about conservative  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved