Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 186 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Trip Report Nude Running Event Kaniksu BBFR
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Vacation in Hawaii best place to stay, visit Topic Next Topic: Rock Haven Resort, Tennessee  

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  10:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My local club had it's big event of the year, The Bare Buns Fun Run.

Kaniksu boasts that they invented nude running events and this was the 25th BBFR here in the inland northwest. I hooked up the trailer and the grand-daughter and I headed up there on Friday afternoon. Negociating the narrow twisting road to the club was a bit of a challenge but not nearly so bad as I had been told. We arrived a little afternoon and were warmly greeted by the Kaniksu staff, since this is a Co-Op this means the other members. After checking in we were shown to our trailer site and they even helped me back it into the site. I noticed the campground was filling up fast and I felt lucky to have a site, by that afternoon all the RV sites had been filled and by the next morning the lawn in front of the club house was filling up too. Afer getting situated we were off to the pool area where my grand-daughter quickly reunited with her friends from the camp. She was off splashing and I was getting re-aquainted with my friends some of whom traveled from as far away as southern California, Arizona and even Florida to be here for this event.

Saturday was spent in much the same way sitting around the pool and visiting and taking a dip when the temp go to hot. Saturday night the club put on a carbo load special dinner, AKA Spaghetti dinner. After the dinner which was lovely by the way, there was a dance and we stayed for the first few dances, my grand-daughter even danced with a female friend of ours then it was off to bed.

Sunday I had KP duty it was my turn to help out in the kitchen so after a hectic breakfast and clean up we had just enough time to get our numbers and our digital timing bracelets and head to the starting line. While there eagerly awaiting start of the race I was greeted by a familiar voice, "Hello Alan surprised to see me here?" Hello? It was a friend from the college I have been going to! Just that night I had been wondering if there would be anyone there I knew from outside my circle of nude friends, I never would have guessed him though. LOL! John and I had a good laugh over it and I was surprised to find out that he has been running this event for over 15 years! Anyway he and I made a pact to wear our nude runner Tshirts to class on the first day back at school. By the way the club gives out 2 kinds of shirts for the event nude finisher shirts, and the same shirt that just says finisher. Guess which one I will be wearing back to school this fall? LOL! Anyway after the run there was a BBQ and music and awards for the winners of the various catagories. There was quite a turn out 407 runners and about 100 or so there just to watch. Out of the runners I would say 95% were nude. We staid until late afternoon me lounging and recovering from the run poolside with her swiming and splashing with her friends. At last it was time to head for home so with me doing all the work needed to hook up the trailer my grand daughter was saying sorrowful good-byes and making solem promises to reunite next year and even to do the run with her best friend next summer. All in all a great time and a real wonderful experience. I can't wait for next year.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Al, your well-written trip report demands two things of you: first, whether wearing your Nude Finisher shirt produces interest among your associates, and; second, how long was/were the races?

We understand that we will have to wait a month but we're up for it.
Good job!

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  10:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright since you asked,

Today was the day I wore the shirt But I had a pullover on at first since it was 29F this morning. But it did warm up and I took that off. So there were lots of comments you did what?? Where was this?? Did you run nude?? etc. And yes, the other guy wore his shirt as well, he damn well better have! LOL! He was even more outspoken about the whole thing than I was engaging several students about it. So on the whole lots of positive comments zero negative ones. I will put this one in the win column. However I still have not recruited any of my other classmates to run the race which by the way is 3 miles or 5 Km if you prefer. I set no speed records however I would like to better my time next year. The winner had a time of about 16 minutes I believe and it is an recognized accredited race. This was the 25th running of the BBFR and I think we were the first club to have such an event. So if you happen to be up in the great state of Washington near the last Sunday in July stop by it is an open house day so no gate fees and a great time to see our club at it's best.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Previous Topic: Nude Vacation in Hawaii best place to stay, visit Topic Next Topic: Rock Haven Resort, Tennessee  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.13 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved