Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 140 ]  [ Total: 140 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 Man Arrested For Being Naked In Own Kitchen
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Naked man arrested on topless beach in kelowna BC Topic Next Topic: school teacher in trouble for flashing
Page: of 2

nude2all

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  10:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An American man who brewed coffee naked in his own kitchen is facing indecent exposure charges and could be jailed (October 22, 2009) LINK

Edited by - Admin to relocate and to reformat extremely long link.

ßeachcomber
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  2:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It was mentioned on another site that the police were concerned because his house is opposite a bus stop used by school children.

Fair enough ........ but how many schoolchildren will be waiting at the stop at 05:30 a.m. ?

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  3:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you can be seen from the street no matter what the time is the real issue. The police over reacted. A knock on the door would have been sufficient and a warning or advise him of what the laws are.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  5:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It pays to use some discretion. The laws take time to change, and some laws will not change. Maybe this guy could have bought some blinds and have them half-open. Or, he could have bought a place to live in a nudist resort. Problem solved!!

The main point is, use your head.

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."
George Washington

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  8:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I concur with blackrebel and Warmskin.

tanelk

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  1:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fairfax county, VA is not an equal opportunity law enforcement community. The woman that report him was trespassing since she was cuting across the man's front yard when she spotted him. I will have to go out front and take a look at what is visable inside my home.

Ed

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  12:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think when he finally goes to court he will win his case, why was the women in his yard and why was she looking in his window. when you lose your last place, your home you don't have anything. i clean my house in the nude and am nude ninety percent of the time i have mini blinds that are sometimes in the open position and if someone looked hard enough could see in, i also think a person should be allowed to be nude in their backyard with a minimum of screening. we should have laws in our society but judgement should alway come first.

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  8:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We still can not ignore the facts of him being able to be seen from the street!!!!

Her cutting across the yard is irrelavant if he could be clearly seen ... UNLESS she was in an area that was not visible from the street such as around hedges or around a corner.

Being 12 feet further away standing on the sidewalk makes no matter.

We can not jump to the defense of nakedness just because the guy was naked. Common sense has to be exersized.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  10:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seems to be some disagreement about the details of events, and it seems there may have been alcohol involved, but according to Fairfax, VA attorney Atchuthan Sriskandarajah Virginia's indecent exposure statute requires that three elements are present:

* Exposure. Displaying your private parts (breast-feeding doesn’t count).

* Intent.

* Obscenity. The nudity must be accompanied by an obscene act to be considered “indecent.”

The police are canvassing the neighborhood to see if there have other similar cases which might shed some light on what actually happened.

I suspect that this might just quietly go away. We'll see.

Bill in Cincinnati

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 10/27/2009 10:34:32 PM

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  07:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bill brings up another issue, what are the VALID facts??

So much has been twisted out of context to fit what a person wants to believe and that goes to the next person who does the same. The original report was that she was crossing the lawn and that bacame TRESPASSING and then why wasnt she accused of a crime ... then she was wrong for having her child out at 5:30 and on and on.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  08:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that it would be better if nudists stepped away and disassociated themselves from this one.

The story does seem to be changing. I have seen reports that the man went out of his way to be seen (more that once) and it was 8:30am not 5:30.

Also I don't know about the local laws, but in the UK there is no law against trespass, if you can just walk somewhere with no barriers.

Edited by - McNigel on 10/28/2009 08:50:42 AM

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  3:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard not to identify with this story. How many of us nudists make coffee in the nude? And drink it in the nude on our patios? Keep in mind that nudism is normal to us and not to the textilers. In our society of super-charged sexual crimes, it wouldn't take the press long to characterize a nudist as someone with felonious/criminal intent.

To gain confidence I always heard: "Imagine the person sitting in his underwear." Funny, I had nothing on at all.

Edited by - Randall50 on 10/29/2009 3:51:01 PM

Frank2233
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  05:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that VA had a law that does not allow Peeping Toms. It is his home and he was inside,if he was making coffee he was not just standing in the window exposing himself.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  2:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Virginue statute reads:

§ 18.2-130. Peeping or spying into dwelling or enclosure

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to enter upon the property of another and secretly or furtively peep, spy or attempt to peep or spy into or through a window, door or other aperture of any building, structure, or other enclosure of any nature occupied or intended for occupancy as a dwelling, whether or not such building, structure or enclosure is permanently situated or transportable and whether or not such occupancy is permanent or temporary, or to do the same, without just cause, upon property owned by him and leased or rented to another under circumstances that would violate the occupant's reasonable expectation of privacy.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person to use a peephole or other aperture to secretly or furtively peep, spy or attempt to peep or spy into a restroom, dressing room, locker room, hotel room, motel room, tanning bed, tanning booth, bedroom or other location or enclosure for the purpose of viewing any nonconsenting person who is totally nude, clad in undergarments, or in a state of undress exposing the genitals, pubic area, buttocks or female breast and the circumstances are such that the person would otherwise have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to a lawful criminal investigation or a correctional official or local or regional jail official conducting surveillance for security purposes or during an investigation of alleged misconduct involving a person committed to the Department of Corrections or to a local or regional jail.

D. As used in this section, "peephole" means any hole, crack or other similar opening through which a person can see.

E. A violation of this section is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

What the woman did clearly does not fit the definition, but it has always bothered me that the onus is not put on the viewer to avoid looking at anything they don't want to see with regard to nudism. In just about every other situation people have the right to display whatever they desire, and those who don't want to see it don't look. Why is nudism treated differently?

HomeNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  4:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to another article found at
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/102109_naked_man_arrested_after_making_coffee_update
quote:
Police wouldn't release the incident report or the name of the mother who filed the complaint. FOX 5 has learned she is a respected member of the community, and just happens to be the wife of a Fairfax County Police officer.

Hmmmmm, Is this why the Police are so interested?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  5:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HomeNudist

According to another article found at
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/102109_naked_man_arrested_after_making_coffee_update
quote:
Police wouldn't release the incident report or the name of the mother who filed the complaint. FOX 5 has learned she is a respected member of the community, and just happens to be the wife of a Fairfax County Police officer.
Hmmmmm, Is this why the Police are so interested?

Thank you for the link, HN. I played the video and saw his kitchen. It had curtains which were open, but I saw no blinds on the kitchen windows. Had he put some blinds on the windows and tilted them up, no one would have seen him. I should say, though, that I may have missed the blinds, if they did exist. Also, there is some controversy that he might have been a bit inebriated.

The lesson is, if you're going to be nude in your home, and want your windows to see out to some extent, invest in some blinds. Of course, if you live among some high rise apartment buildings, then that would not work.

Good judgment goes hand in hand with nudity, where it is not expected by the public.

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."
George Washington

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Naked man arrested on topless beach in kelowna BC Topic Next Topic: school teacher in trouble for flashing  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved