Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 441 ]  [ Total: 441 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Applying sunscreen question - HELP
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Question about conservative Topic Next Topic: Urinating etiquette?  

twooldfogies
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  3:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are new to naked sun tanning but love the feel of the sun and wind on our skin. We are going to try a clothing optional beach this summer in Southern Ontario and are afraid (especially him) of sunburning placed that ought not be sunburned.

How does everyone deal with this? Do you put sunscreen on while you're at the beach or before you go or what.

This is actually a very serious question.

Edited by - Admin to relocate and change topic from "Sunburn question - HELP".

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  4:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever is appropriate on a textile beach is appropriate on a clothing-optional beach, but some activities require more discretion. It is particularly important to apply sunscreen to those parts which have not previously been exposed. Do it discretely.

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  7:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And you must know that over exposure to the sun can be dangerous to your skin.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  9:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most important is to start slowly and build up your tan over time. Start with a few minutes everyday (without sunscreen) that way you get the vitamin D being produced. As long as you take it slowly you don't need sunscreen and you get the Vitamin D that prevents cancer. However if you are out for long periods of time you will need to add the sun screen but you will not have to depend as much on it as if you were without the good base tan.

Diger

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  12:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually use an SPF of around 30, but when I first go out, I use a 50 SPF on my "nether regions" to allow adequate time for that area to be accustomed to the sun again. So far, I've never gotten burned down there.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  09:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the spray on sunscreens. If you click on the links below my sig you'll see pics from June of 2009 and June 2008. The sun is strong then.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Edited by - Balto Bob on 04/26/2010 7:10:59 PM

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  12:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing that part of the question here is 'do we put sunscreen on our normally private areas on the beach and is this considered appropriate?' If so, just put the sunscreen on without seeming to linger in those areas. They are just another part of your body and you need to protect them the same as other areas so just apply it as you would to any other area of the body and don't act like you are doing anything wrong, because you're not. Just apply quickly and move on.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  4:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point barefootguyinco. I know I put on my sunscreen at the beach, including in my genital area. Like you said, I just don't spend more time than I need to apply it.

I took Diger's advice and I spent maybe 15 minutes out in the sun today, with nothing on, including sunscreen. I'll try that a couple of times before I start really trying to get some color.

twooldfogies
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  7:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. My question was really dealing with how to put on the sunscreen without appearing to enjoy it too much. We are new to this and don't want to offend anyone but don't want to have to hide either. We've had to do enough of that as it is.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as you don't ... linger, you'll be fine.

Hamilton Nudist

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  01:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Hamilton Nudist a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on how comfortable you are doing it in front of people. If you are afraid of someone seeing you apply it down there, then you should apply it somewhere private like a bathroom or your car, but if you are comfortable, do it quickly so it is done.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  1:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I have no worries about sunburn right now....I woke up to more snow!!!! It was 70 degrees yesterday, and today it's snowing. We've already accumulated almost a quarter inch on some surfaces.

SpongeBobSquareNude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  3:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I pop the toilet and do a good rubbing in there <ahem>, then just casually apply when I'm on the beach. That way, I know I've covered all the important bits without me stood on the beach staring down at my testicles as if I've lost something.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  6:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is, if you are applying sunscreen on other parts of your body, then why not in your genital area as well? That's what I do. I wait until I get to the beach to put on my sunscreen, so I'm not just putting it on the genitals.

single-dad
Forum Member

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  11:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info everyone, I was thinking the same thing since I have yet to get to a nude beach or resort.

Mark

Previous Topic: Question about conservative Topic Next Topic: Urinating etiquette?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved