Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 411 ]  [ Total: 411 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 What is a "true" nudist?
 Varying Degrees of Lifestyle
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky) Topic Next Topic: nudist or exhibitionist?
Page: of 2

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  11:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends on the Degree of Nudist Lifestyle.

#1 I think that someone who goes nude at home or goes nude in their hot tub is not a true nudist.

#2 A true nudist is one who, for example, tries out a nude beach or goes on vacation and finds out there is a CO section of beach at the resort and tries it out, and likes it.

#3 Then there is the Certifiable True Nudist. They have no problem stating that they went to this place or that place for vacation, and have no use for beach wear of any kind. They may or may not tell co-workers about their lifestyle.

#4 Then you have the Extra Certifiable True Nudist. T-Shirts, Hats, Key Fobs, License Plate Frames etc, advertise where they have been, plus all of #3, including telling co-workers.

I fit into #2 category. Wreck Beach a few times! Well ! It's a start!

Edited by - free2tannude on 06/20/2010 01:01:35 AM

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  11:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I clicked 'new topic' instead of 'reply'. This should be under the Thread 'What is a true nudist'

Can the administrator move this for me? thanks!

[Admin's note: It stands just fine as a new thread. I moved it into the "true nudist" section.]

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  8:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you meant this for the other thread, but I just have to say that your item #1 doesn't sound right. It's like a double negative or something.

nudehndymn
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  07:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say i'm a #4. All cars have the plate frames and I wear a baseball cap with a nudist logo.

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  12:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think I may break into a Partial #3. I have not made it down to the Local Watering hole(pub) for about 3 weeks due to other responsibilities, and working on my tan.

When someone at the Watering Hole asks me where I'v been, I will just say 'working on my tan' They know I live on an acreage.

I know that someone will say 'Is that an ALLOVER tan'

I will say ' Hey, why not! The neighbors can't see me!'

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  6:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty much a #3. I go to the nude beach, and spend a lot of time outside nude in my backyard. I have been nude at parties in front of others many times, and most of my friends know that I love being naked. I don't tell my co-workers though.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  10:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudism will never be mainstream if labels are required.

I've told very few people that I prefer to be nude than clothed. However, I've told legions of people (even coworkers and family) that I never wear a bathing suit at home in my own pool or hot tub.

I suspect there would be quite a difference in reaction if I said I was a nudist rather than I prefer to wear no clothes or swim naked.

Like it or not, being nude will never be accepted until people stop using the term nudist. I really think nudity is not the problem, rather it's the conventional wisdom of what a nudist is. As with any other group I dare say many in the movement like it that way! What would be the fun in being a nudist if no one gave a damn if you were nude or not? Every movie that contains a rating over PG-13 has nudity in it. It's not nudity that's the problem people, it's the association with the label!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  09:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good point, FLcpl.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlCpl4NewdFun

I've told very few people that I prefer to be nude than clothed. However, I've told legions of people (even coworkers and family) that I never wear a bathing suit at home in my own pool or hot tub.

I suspect there would be quite a difference in reaction if I said I was a nudist rather than I prefer to wear no clothes or swim naked.

Like it or not, being nude will never be accepted until people stop using the term nudist. I really think nudity is not the problem, rather it's the conventional wisdom of what a nudist is. As with any other group I dare say many in the movement like it that way! What would be the fun in being a nudist if no one gave a damn if you were nude or not? Every movie that contains a rating over PG-13 has nudity in it. It's not nudity that's the problem people, it's the association with the label!

One of the BEST posts I've read in ages!!

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  08:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go nude at home as well socially when possible, I have told family, some college classmates. But usually never coworkers. I have a clothing optional magnet/sign at home. The only relative beyond wife who sees me nude often is my mother in law when she visits us.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  10:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As you can tell, we have been fighting for a decade to keep what is not nudism out of this forum. Still, abandoning the term to the perverts is an attractive proposition, except that the sex industry would probably just adjust and adapt to any new terms we coin.

Maybe we should just call it "non-sexual nudism" and make it really hard for them to misuse that term.

Getting back on topic, personally, my wife and I fall into the #4 category.

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  05:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I disagree with #1, sorry.
I've been more than willing to go somewhere, anywhere,to be naked with others. The opportunity is not as accessible to "everyone". I consider myself a nudist, I am naked whenever and wherever possible. Just because I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy a social venue, yet, doesn't mean I'd rather be clothed!!!

Jimmie

finallynude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  08:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I a true nudist?

I like to be naked in my home. I am only naked when I am alone or it is just me and my wife and I am fairly certain we are not expecting company. I have not made it a practice to be naked around our kids. Our home is visible to neighbors so I can't be naked outside. I would love to be able to hang out naked on my deck and in my yard but it is in view of neighbors so I can't. I do sometimes go to the mailbox naked to get the newspaper if the sun isn't up yet and there are no lights visible in neighboring homes. I have no desire to risk the embarrassment of being caught.

I first stumbled upon a nude beach by accident. I was exploring in the San Diego area and discovered Black's Beach. I didn't realize it was a nude beach till I got onto the sand and noticed that the people playing volleyball had no clothes on. After a few minutes I got out of my clothes, set them aside, and had a wonderful walk on the beach. It was great. From time to time, I have been able to be nude at a state campground on a wooded site with the tent positioned in such a way that I wasn't visible from the road or nearby sites. Of course, my movement was very much restricted to the area immediately around the tent and picnic table. My wife was somewhat more cautious than I was, but she did change her clothes without closing the tent flaps and did also venture briefly outside of the tent while nude.

Anyhow, we are going out this weekend to check out a nude campground within reasonable driving distance to where we live to see if we would like to go there. We are in the Northeast and it is still pre-season for camping. The attraction for us is the ability to walk around nude freely without breaking any rules. My wife is looking forward to being at the beach and in the water without clothes. The campground has various social events throughout the season. These events really don't interest us, we are campers first and possible nudists second. We don't participate in events at clothed campgrounds now, we stay pretty much to ourselves, and I don't think we are any more likely to participate in events at a nudist campground. I don't play volleyball clothed and I'm not about to take it up naked.

We will certainly not try to avoid people at the campground, we are not unfriendly. I would rather sit nude around the campfire at our campsite than go sit around a community campfire roasting marshmallows with a bunch of other naked people. We just aren't going there with the idea of developing new friendships. Frankly, I find it hard to imagine developing a frindship with people based primarily on the fact that we met at a nudist campsite. I don't picture going to someone else's home to be able to spend a nude evening together and I don't picture inviting people to our home to hang out nude together. It just seems a bit wierd.

I have told a few friends at work that we are going to check out a campground this weekend but have not mentioned that it is a nude facility. My wife, however, has mentioned to one work friend, (her work husband because they discuss lots of stuff), that we are visiting a nude campground. It surprised me that she mentioned it to him. She says he likes to work on his pool naked and skinny dip in it after dark in the summer. He is located in a more private setting than we are.

So........., the question is........, based on what I describe, Are we or are we not true nudists??

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  12:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finallynude

So........., the question is........, based on what I describe, Are we or are we not true nudists??

I don't see why not. What you are describing is a "private" approach to nudism, which is not at all incompatible with "true" nudism. There are a lot of nudists out there that do their "own thing", staying nude at home in their own backyard, or at the far end of the nude beach or campground.

My personal preference has always been social nudism. I enjoy the interaction and conversations with nudist friends or relative strangers.
My X also used to think that just sitting nude in someone's else's home was just "weird." After a few visits she ended up doing a 180 and playing nude hostess herself on more than one occasion.
But even though it is possible to get bitten by the social nudism bug; it is by no means a prerequisite to nudism.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  2:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlCpl4NewdFun

I'm not a "nudist." I just like going around naked. I don't go to "nudist" beaches or "nudst" resorts. I go naked all the time when its safe not to get arrested. I go naked on my land, and mow my lawn naked. I drive naked. I go hiking and bicycling naked in parks and public lands, but not at "nudist" places. I go naked in the hot tub at the Best Western hotel, not at a "nudist" resort.

I don't do #1, or #2, or #3 or #4. I'm not a "nudist." I just prefer to be naked whenever its warm and I won't get arrested. I don't hide, so I sometimes get seen by textile public when I won't get arrested. Seeing a naked human being won't hurt them. My neighbors have all seen me naked outside on my land, some have stopped to chat.

FlCpl4NewdFun is right. Naked won't be mainstream and acceptable in general as long as we hide behind high fences and have to be labeled "nudist" for being some kind of weird people. I'm not a "nudist." I am just an ordinary guy going about his life while choosing not to wear uncomfortable clothing when its not needed for the cold.

Having fun naked.

Edited by - Bob Knows on 04/20/2012 2:53:12 PM

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  11:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think i'm a #5, doing the home thing, been to the resorts, beaches and hate beach wear, got the hats, shirts, and trinkets somewhere in the closet but still waiting to do the naked bike ride - someday soon I hope, yes that would be the ultimate nude thing to do.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky) Topic Next Topic: nudist or exhibitionist?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.48 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved