Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 192 ]  [ Total: 192 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Personal Ads - Free!
 Hey, is anyone going to ...?
 Back to Club O!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: January cruise Topic Next Topic: MacFadden Beach Trip?
Page: of 2

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  8:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are returning to Club Orient October 26 to November 2, 2010. If any Forum members are going to be there at that time, let us know.

I can highly recommend Club O in October. The hurricane season is winding down, the weather is usually good, and the resort is not crowded. The only drawback is that not all of the restaurants along the beach and in Grand Case are open - it's still considered Low Season. Nonetheless, we had no trouble finding good meals.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  10:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish we could. Gerry and I are saving our pennies to go to the Mid-Winter Naturist Festival in February. Can't wait, but also can't spend anywhere else. Have a Marvelous time!

NorthEastUSA
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  10:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit NorthEastUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let us know how it is. We are planning a trip in April of 2011

http://naturistfamily.net/forum/

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  02:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a good time. We will be back again in Feb/Mar of 2011. Only a week this time as we are heading for the Mediterranean in Oct.2011 for a month.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  09:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our annual trips to Club O are always in June. Dr.Prof is back at it in Oct/Nov and can't get the days off to make a trip to Club O worth while.

One day soon...she'll retire and we'll have the entire calendar to work with and may just take you up on your offer!

Have a great time!

A&D

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  12:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been 17 days since we left Club O. I still can't get into the routine of ordinary life.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  10:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's been YEARS since we've been to Club O, and I still think about it frequently...

The Natural One
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  02:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally had the chance to bare the nat- ural, and walk into the sun. To swim carefree in this world. in para- dice.
The beaches in the sun. The feeling of the air on my body and the coolness of the clear clean salt waters of the carabean ocean were beyond
words. to walk in the most natural and free way possible, like it was meant to be be. Without a soul to care. their were hundreds others around
but they also were swimming carefree in this wonderful place, watching schools of fish swim by, and talking to each other like they were best friends. Others were out walking on the fine white sands of the beach. We were talking and unashamed, floating and swimming easily in the beautiful blue waters of the bay, the sun warming us with its intense life giving rays from above. Gone were the problems I have had in the past with a swimsuit filling up with air and sand and binding in the worst possible of ways. It was wonderful not to have to sit in a soggy swimsuit for a change. Walking down the beach could not have been easier because even though we all looked a little different, we were all really the same, without any racial, social or sexual barriers to overcome. I loved Club O.

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELL DAID!

Sounds like Wreck Beach, only the water is a little colder1

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  02:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From someone who has been to both. All I can say is.... NOT.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  7:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more night on call Thursday, then it's time to pack!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  9:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Got any room in your luggage for us? You won't need much room for clothes.

Diger

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  11:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What luggage? We're doing strictly carry-on.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  12:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although it had its good moments, this year's Club O trip was not as pleasurable as last year's. For starters, we had some travel problems and some health issues as well. Also, even though Hurricane Tomas was well south of us, SXM got quite a bit of rain and wind. (Speaking of Tomas, say a prayer for the poor people of Haiti, who are about to get nailed yet again.) Still, we managed to get a fair amount of beach time.

I have written elsewhere about my unease over the tourism-based economies of the Caribbean. The economic downturn has hit the Caribbean resort islands really hard. Phillipsburg is normally a bustling shopping mecca, but the vibe there was sullen and lifeless, with very few people in the stores and very little money being spent. The time-share hustlers and similar pests were out in force, and, with relatively few targets for their blandishments, conspired to make our lives miserable until we were forced to retreat back to the French side. It's ironic that they are making matters worse for the local merchants by driving customers away. On the Grand Case restaurant scene, we had no trouble getting tables at the "gourmet" restaurants, but the inexpensive "lolos" were consistently crowded with locals and tourists alike. And, due to both the sketchy weather and a decreased demand, in the week we were there, Phillipe only took Tiko-Tiko out once. Signs of the times.

That said, Club Orient and Orient Beach remain much as they have been. The nude "morning march" up and down the length of Orient Beach still takes place, but was rather sparsely attended. I didn't hear any tales of recent hassles from the gendarmes, but I suspect the prospect of getting stopped has dissuaded nudists from leaving the confines of Club O. I'm sure we'll go back to SXM one of these days, hoping for better days - both economically and meteorologically.

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  12:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Doc: Thanks for the report. I was watching the web cam of Orient last week and it looked kind of blustery. I've been a bit jealous of your pre and post trip information but am feeling a bit better now that our trip is the action stages of planning. I just booked our flights for our winter trip to SXM yesterday. 10 glorious days in early March. Looking forward to just laying there and doing nothing. Last year we did the Nude Snorkeling trip with Peggy and Paul. It was a blast. Hoping to maybe do the Tiko Tiko this year or maybe even take a trip over to St. Barts. We did the early morning walk of the entire beach once last year (actually only to the rocks). Are the police cracking down on the early morning walkers? I thought it was cool to walk the other part of the beach. Kind of feels like being nude in a textile place.

Thanks again

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  05:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

My wife and I are returning to Club Orient October 26 to November 2, 2010. If any Forum members are going to be there at that time, let us know.

Thanks, Doc, but I went the nude festival at Barrow, AK.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: January cruise Topic Next Topic: MacFadden Beach Trip?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved