Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 New to nudism? Beginners post your questions here.
 trying to get my wife to go fully nude
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Meetimg Someone You Know Topic Next Topic: What to bring to a nude resort?  

misterick

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  4:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Send misterick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Two years ago we went to Negril and she would only take off her top at nite between me and her in the outdoor jacuzzi on the cloth optional part of the resort that we stayed, we justed came back and this time she walked around the cloths option and sunbath topless, she was a little shy to walk around all the time as she cover herself on and off. she would not take her bottom off, I am looking for suggestions or points on how to make her more comfortable and go fully nude, seens she is comfortable topless now but don't want to scare her by forcing her to take her bottom off, she did wore a G-string to the jacazzi at nite as we join other people in the jacuzzi.

rick martin

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  7:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is very common Rick, Don't rush her she will come around when the time is right. If you can find a nude beach that you guys can get some space to yourselves she may feel more at ease. Either way sounds like she is progressing just fine anyway.

Good Luck

Diger

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  8:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm of the philosophy that getting accustomed to being comfortable nude begins at home. I've talked to many nudists over the years; from people who started at home and then tried social nudity, to people who jumped right "into it." The people who started at the resort reported greater difficulty, and several trials, before being able to disrobe completely. The people who had started out by being home-nudists reported a shorter adjustment period before making the leap.
At home, you can address nudity and body-image issues, patiently and over time. It's more difficult when you address the issue "on the spot", as in: "Ok, we're here at the nude beach now. Ready to get naked?!"

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  9:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudony...has it right!

Many, many of the guys that have issues with reluctant wifes want to go to a resort or club as the first experience and their spouses aren't even comfy with being nude at HOME.....WRONG!

Gotta get them comfy at home first, then...if able...take it outside in the yard at night, then graduate to the daytime...then...take it to a beach, lake, river where you can be by yourselves and she can see what goes on.

After that...then a club or resort but when she's ready!

Good luck and here's sending you lots of patience!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2020 :  3:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, when I'm extremely bored, I look back at some of my old posts/responses. Some (many?) I regret ever had made and think to myself: "Nudony...that was a dumb post/reply!" But sometimes I think to myself: "Hey...that was a good one!" LOL!!!

This one...made nearly ten years ago (geez times flies) got me thinking...

It's pretty understandable most of us want our significant other to accompany us on nudist excursions. It's the kind of thing you just want to share with your loved one. But for many husbands their "good company" is not quite enough. We want/prefer them to also be naked.
But is it really THAT important?

I think the "need" husbands feel for their wife to also be naked can stem from several places. Acceptance is one of them. It just feels like it will be easier to "fit in" a nude social environment if the spouse is naked like the husband. Another is sharing: we want our significant other to feel as good as we do about social nudity.
Then there's "competition." Some guys see other guys' wives being totally comfortable naked; and they want their spouse to be just as confident. That can be a slippery slope. And I have find myself at times "slipping." For example last summer at TLR, my wife and I got in a friendly ping-pong match with another couple in the clubhouse. My wife had slipped her cover-up back on to play; our opponent's wife was playing naked. And I found myself "bemoaning" the fact that my wife did not also choose to play naked. And then I thought back to my first wife; who did play ping-pong (and volley-ball and basketball and water-polo) naked.
And then I had to "check myself." This is not a race or a competition. My wife does not HAVE to be naked - outside the pool. And it's really ok if she isn't. The most important thing is that she's THERE with me.

Wives' experiences with social nudity can be very different. For my first wife, it became all about "body positivity." When she realized that the antidote to her "body-shame" was social nudism, she embraced a truly "nude attitude." I've shared many stories (maybe even too many) of my ex's "expressions of body-positivity", ranging from active participation in resort/club activities to introducing newbies; all the while remaining completely naked the entire time. For my current wife, it's really all about hanging out with me; and nudity is just something she can enjoy as a "by-product" of that. There are many other ways/reasons women can enjoy/experience the nudist environment; that do not necessarily involve being completely naked the entire time.

So...this is just my random thought of the day. There are women, like my first wife, who will develop a preference for being naked in nudist situations. Others might not find the same "meaning" or purpose. It would be "misguided" to harbor resentment because your wife is not 100% naked like them.

Edited by - Nudony on 02/16/2020 3:44:38 PM

Previous Topic: Meetimg Someone You Know Topic Next Topic: What to bring to a nude resort?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved