Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 248 ]  [ Total: 248 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  11:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How did you first personally hear about nudism? What was it that brought you to try it? In other words, what method worked to catch your attention the first time you considered it? Was it someone else's efforts or your own?

Add your comments here by clicking Reply to Topic.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  6:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
back when I was a kid, I would hunt for reasons to be nude. I didn't know why then that I liked being "neked" but I was always in trouble with the family for it. Sister always told on me, as I got older I could run off into the woods for some natural relaxation, but again I got caught. almost went to jail! after a few years of only being nude at home, my girlfried, at the time, said I needed to find "a nudist colony" and join up.I searched the net(slow back then)and found a local place.
Wouldn't you know, when I told her about the place, and that I was going it was like I'd tried to kill the President or something. When I got home from the most relaxing day of my life,it was WW3. She's not my girlfriend any more, and I'm still a nudist.

Just me Willy

tucsonnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  11:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tucsonnude's MSN Messenger address  Send tucsonnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was stationed in Germany in the late sixties. I heard someplace that the Germans were into some kind of nudity. I had some friends but never went them to the nude island. They said I would not understand. The did not come out and say it was nude. I had heard about it from some brochures the GI's got when they got to Bremerhaven. I never did get to a nude beach.I think I heard about a nude beach on the radio just after I got home from the service in 1969..they just said it was a nude beach. I went up to Zuma beach and went over the rocks and found the beach. I was scared to death at first but after a few minutes I calmed down and rustled up the courage to get nude. No one looked and I was in heaven.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  04:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As a kid I always heard jokes about nudist camps, and saw nudist cartoons in magazines, I wasn't sure whether they real or not, we didn't discuss that at home. After I got married, hubby got me to go nude in the house, it was neat, thats what newly weds do, right? I enjoyed the nudity at home, it felt great. Hubby kept trying to get me to go to a nudist club with him. I did not want to get nude in public, but finally agreed to accompany him to a nudist club if I did not have to take off my clothes. At the club, hubby was enjoying himself, and everyone was really nice and friendly, and I finally gave in. I am glad my hubby finally convinced me to go, I love nudisn now, enjoy the freedom of being clothes free, and out of doors.

Kim =^.^=

joenude

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  09:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first learned about nudism in 1968 when I was filling in as a manaqger of a shoe store while the manager was on vacation. At the store I ran across copies of "Clothed by the Sun"(I think that was the name) magazine. To make a long story short, after reading these magazines I started to find secluded places out in the country such as creeks where I could skiny dip. This was great fun so 31 years later my wife and I tried a nudist resort, but she didn't like it and neither did I. I am now a home nudist for the most part and occasionally I have attend gatherings at a local non-landed nudist club.

panhandler
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  3:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was about 14 I was at the movies and in between the movies they showed a preview of a documentry about a nudist club. Thirty-two years later I visited a club and loved it.

panhandler

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  07:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember dreaming about a nudist area we drove by in South West Wisconson.

Oddly enough, I don't know how I knew about the area or if it really existed. A desire to join in started there

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  08:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first got interested in high school,like most teen boys ,I too read naturist mags in drug store,when air brush was used on privates(in the 50s) It is about the same time that a number of the guys would go skinny in a local water filled quarry.It was great fun to be neked(as the boys would call it).It wasnt till this year,50 some years later,I got serious about nudism and went skinny every day this summer.Once I was joined by my wife and another time by a comlplete strangers(m/f).That did it-the very next day I went to a landed club for the day.Now Im totally hooked,and feelin great-I feel 20 years younger!

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  08:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One other thing that was quite influential was reading Robert Heinlein’s “The Door Into Summer”. In that book story, the main character time travels back 30 years and drops into a nudist resort near Boulder, CO.

The treatment he gave the situation made social nudism sound very appealing.

BornNude

toll_booth
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  11:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 10er

Those were the ones before Americans were allowed to have genitals.

Say WHAT?!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  02:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats right Tollbooth. lol I have seen some of the old archived nudist magazine pictures, and there were no frontal shots below the waist. or they were air brushed so you couldn't recognize anything. I guess they were afraid it would make people want to go out and rape and pillage!

Kim =^.^=

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always wanted my clothes off as long as I can remember. I remember thinking how weird I was for feeling this way. I actually learned that I was not so bizarre from an early 80's tv show. I was about 13-14ish when I say an episode of The A-Team that had a "Nudist Colony" in it but I still kept my nude attitude a secret.

Once out of high school I became more open about who I was. To my friends I became the guy that had the nude pool parties. And these were respectful parties, nonsexual. Everyone, even the shy people eventually found it very easy to be nudist.

Dare to be Bare

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  12:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The year was 1966 and I was 15 and had just seen an ad in a Playboy magazine for nudist magazines from Europe. I sent in my money and expected to see something even better than Playboy. Hot dawg! Really naked women! What I received was 5 copies of Helios from Greece and 5 copies of the New Zealand Naturist.

I was shocked, intrigued and eventually profoundly affected by the images in those magazines. These weren't "nekkid women", they were everyday people completely nude. Men, women, children, old people, toddlers, all doing everyday things and looking completely natural. I wanted to to go there and join them.

I thought about those images until I turned 18 and found out there were actually nudist clubs in the U.S. which I eventually visited.

I still have those magazines and I still subscribe to New Zealand Naturist.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  09:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As one of the younger regulars here, I first heard about Naturism in the early 90's. I think my first exposure was thru the UK publication H&E (Health and Efficiency) magazine - http://www.healthandefficiency.co.uk/.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  9:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At high school aged 13,one of the girls brought in a copy of H&E for everyone to look at,to most it was a source of great humour but to me it seemed to awaken a sleeping giant(no not "that" one).I was curious and wanted to give it a go.It wasnt until about 3 or 4 years later when i finally had a set of wheels and i went to "Lady's Bay" a well known nudist beach in centre of Auckland.I had my first nude swim and i was hooked,and ive been a nudist ever since,I am now 40,married and have a young son who loves going nude as well.

Naturally KIWI

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  09:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudikiwi,

I think you've hit the nail on the head... Positive publications, whether its in hardcopy or on the internet. I think information is more easily acceptable now, but unfortunately its not always positive.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved