Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 438 ]  [ Total: 438 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  09:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

As a kid the news stands carried "nature"(nudist)magazines. They wouldn't sell them to us kids, but we got an older guy to buy one for us. Wow, even with the pubic area blocked out , we were in our glory. Now you know how old I am, pre Playboy, internet etc.

Chic

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  01:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic, I saw some of those same magazines as a youngster. My dad kept a small collection of them in the back of a file drawer he thought was well hidden from young eyes. At maybe ten or eleven years old, I was just barely too young for any prurient interest, but still fascinating.
In later years (the '60s) there was enough casual nudity among my peers to fill many dozens of those early magazines. But that was another, very different, story.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  01:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But the magazines were not my introduction to public nudity. I believe that occurred the day one of my younger sisters, about two years of age or less, wandered out in the back yard in her birthday suit. One of the neighbors, a local busybody, called my mother on the phone to complain that there was a naked child in the yard. Mother's response was to call the rest of us in (about five kids), strip off every stitch of clothing, and send us out to play for the afternoon. What a crusader she could be. She was not campaigning for naturism, but for minding one's own business.

Of course, Ma does tell of the day when I, at age two or so, walked across the street to the park, equally nude. Guess it was a natural-born attitude.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  8:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

old hippie,

Thanks for sharing your memories of a time that now seems like ancient history. I also think it was more exciting for us,that is, stripping away (pun unintended) the mystery a little at a time.

Chic

honestnudeguy

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  7:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always enjoyed being nude, then I saw an ad in a local paper about naturist and went to one of their parties. I was welcomed by everyone there and felt very relaxed, after awhile being nude seemed normal. We did just about everything as the textiles (what they called people who prefered clothes) would do, in most cases we did abide by the local laws concerning nudity but we did push the envelop at times. We did give a little consideration of some of the textiles.

Honestnudeguy

paul2012

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  3:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dad met someone, now my step mom, who was a nudist and the whole family talked about being nude. I had my conserns but did not mind the idea after a few weeks

Edited by - Moderator on 07/26/2005 4:52:44 PM

Vking

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  8:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a child I always enjoyed being nude...nobody thought anything of it (must be my Norwegian heritage) In high school we always went to Zuma beach in So Cal and just behind a large outcropping of rocks was another small beach known as Pirates cove...or the nudie beach. I took a deep breath the first time there and went nude....WOW it was great. I have been going to beaches and resorts and hot springs ever since. I only wish they could eliminate the voyeurs at the nude beaches. Sad thing though, in college they closed the cove for pollution.

frogman

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  9:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked my way into nudism very gradually. I started when I was in college by sneaking off to the remote athletic fields late at night and walking around nude. Then, during one summer when I worked at a camp in the mountains, I started taking long nude walks by myself on remote trails.

Finally, I decided to go Apollo Beach in Florida, where I had my first social nudist experience. I'll never forget that day and the feeling of freedom I felt being totally naked in mixed company. Just recently, I made my first visit to a nudist club, and am considering becoming a member. I never feel as relaxed as I do after a day spent lying in the sun naked.

The truth shall set you free.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  10:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frogman

I have worked my way into nudism very gradually. I started when I was in college by sneaking off to the remote athletic fields late at night and walking around nude. Then, during one summer when I worked at a camp in the mountains, I started taking long nude walks by myself on remote trails.

Finally, I decided to go Apollo Beach in Florida, where I had my first social nudist experience. I'll never forget that day and the feeling of freedom I felt being totally naked in mixed company. Just recently, I made my first visit to a nudist club, and am considering becoming a member. I never feel as relaxed as I do after a day spent lying in the sun naked.

The truth shall set you free.

You've got some nice options in SC. In the upstate is Carolina Foothills. Near the Beach is Whispering Pines or Coventry-NC. In the Midlands is Cedar Creek. You also have a nonlanded club such as Travelites (my club) to continue to experience the clothes-freedom. There have been some super media blitzes in the Carolinas that you might have heard over the yrs.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

johny59
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  04:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
That existance I first met long ago, yet it was "to far" to feel an immediate attraction, first seeing sooner just the curiousity.

So, first that was my mother telling about one very famous national fililogist what was famous even about any time when someone came at his flat without of anouncement at least day before, he opened doors brand naked and never clotched due "so small thing" as quest visit.

Other was mother`s story about one tutor from Academy of art who bought a brand new pants yet at first day at audience he just bit slippered and those pants broke at all seams - revealing he have no underware. His next act was going to court against a producer while court asked to "show how it happened" and he REALLY shown - sad to say next pants broken again revealing his back to the court - so them gave him a big money panalty for "dishonouring a court".

Third was my classmate who openly admitted he is frequent guest at nudist beach. We all mates was inquiring him WHERE damn it exist, but he never revealed. Yet - who knows, if he would, perhaps I would be inspired to visit at least once. Yet it not happened. I think I was that time quite ready, because it still was in me that fine sense of feeling of wind by a naked skin as my mother quite late used demand to dress at beach. Normally all the kids just under the 5 used at sixties be naked publicly, but I was last such allready at the first school class. And countryside where I spend a summers we small kids from nearest farms many times played naked together, so I had a quite long many kilometers naked walks to visit them through the weed fields.

Next was other classmate what at one common trip sleeping at tent revealed he is sleeping naked. The same day I checked it myself and never used something be dressed afterwards at nighttime.

But life gone forward. I became older and older.

Download Attachment: DSCK0007.jpg
34.85 KB

But then I just become a "secret nudist" spending a time home naked, and quarreling a first wife to be the same. And used any occassion to be naked in the nature. As vaccationing every suumer in the Polar Swedish North month long nake in the nature.

After that I get a second wife, but problems was the same, until I find at internet that my land has a website but no a naturist organisation. Somehow happened that thanks my adventerous spirit that NGO was based, so just all the naturists naturally glued around this organisation where I am vice-chief - so NOW I know near everything about nude beaches, visit them as frequent I am able and only I regret, that all I do not do many years ago. The naturist sauna, naturist beaches, the naked mushrooming in the woods, the naked grass clipping, naked bicycling etc is just the best way to rest.

I have no a better advice for anyone as just - get it off, the clotches, and enjoy.

modbod

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  4:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Send modbod an AOL message  Send modbod a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I used to live in the Palm Springs area of California where clothing optional resorts and the lifestyle was easy. Before moving there I remember hearing about the lifestyle but never had the opportunity to try. Now, living on the Gulf coast of Florida and looking forward to experiencing what Florida has to offer.

elixir

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  7:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, newbie here and this is my very first post.

The first time I heard about nudism is when it was first offered to me, as an option indoors, around the time I was 11. I had never even heard of it before at all, but I remember thinking in a kid way that it would be immensely practical around the house, so I went for it. And since then I've never given up on it.

Tender86
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  7:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't remember much about it but I am told that when I was a very young child I wouldn't keep my clothes on. After much repressive cultural training I reluctantly kept my clothes on until I left the confines of my youthful home and enjoyed the freedom to make my own decisions. It didn't take long before I rediscovered the wonderful feeling of being nude. I have been a nudist ever since.

No Tan Lines

davis1959

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  12:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I probably first heard about it in my teens or tweens. I was immediately intrigued by it as I have slept in the nude for as long as I can remember. That being said, my first visit to anything in the genre was in January ang July of this year i went to Haulover Beach in Miami. I really enjoyed the experience and met some folks that actually work in Cypress Cove (Miz Maggie of Miz Maggie's Bikes N' Buggies, for those of you who frequent In fact, I am leaving tonight for a seminar/convention in Orlando and will be visiting them this weekend and next Saturday before I leave.

mysteriousone

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  1:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been fascinated by nudism for many years. I first remember hearing about it back when I was a kid when a contestant on the old "Truth or Consequences" show wore a pin saying something to the effect she was a nudist. I asked my mother what that meant, and she told me. As a teen, I remember I sunbathing nude in the backyard when nobody was home. About 5 years ago, my wife and I visited a secluded island in the Turks & Caicos where we "went native" until we found out another charter group used our secluded island to drop off a group of unsuspecting picnic-ers! Finally, this summer, my wife and I decided to take the plunge into social nudism, and spent the day at the Berkshire Vista Resort in Massachusetts. We both had a great time, found it extremely relaxing, and are looking forward to going again sometime.

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved