Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 201 ]  [ Total: 201 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Starting your own nudist club
 How to start your own nudist club ...
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: starting non landed club. Topic Next Topic: Northern Central Florida Nudism
Page: of 2

caycedean

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  1:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! My husband and I are interested in opening a private membership nudist club in michigan. We would like to run it out of our home and need to know about any legal issues that would prevent this. We owned a club in hudson florida (where nudism is very accepted) and had over 800 members. We think this would also be beneficial to nudist's here. Any suggestions?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should probably contact Cheri directly. She started and owns the Travelites. She's a wealth of knowledge in this and all areas of naturism.

Good luck with you new nude venture!

caycedean

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I get an email to cheri?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  2:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up above on the tool bar you'll see "Members Menu." Click on the arrow down and click on "Members".

You'll see Cheri's name, click on it and her profile will come up with the ability to PM (private message) or Email her.

Hope this helps. She'll probably respond to you quite quickly, she's on here Moderating and contributing daily.

FP

Edited by - FireProf on 04/04/2007 3:00:54 PM

Grantawish

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  06:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by prairie nude

This may not be the right area to post this, but here goes. A group of four couples, us included, are looking at buying a 640 acre parcel of land. The land is on a river, and is trees from one end to the other. It's surrounded by farm land or crown land. We have talked about clearing 30 or so rustic sites in the property to rent or lease to nudist couples or families. We,re not talking club here, just a place where like minded people can go and camp and enjoy them selfs. We would set it up for R.V.s and tenting. We have never seen anything of this sort before. Most private set ups have pools, hot tubs and so on. We're talking rustic, you bring in what you need. We would have to put in outhouses, some sort of well or holding tank for wash water, but that's about it.Because of the size of the land we feel if we keep the number of sites low we could give people a very private area all to them selfs.We're interested to know if this is something people would be interested in? We are not doing this for the money, other then to off set the price of this property, it's not cheap. We are going to buy the property one way or the other. We can be little nude piggys and keep it all for ourselfs or give people the chance to enjoy the wilderness on private property where they will be free to move about. Any comments would be welcome and helpful.

From what you describe, it would be lovely. However, you would be open for legal hassels IF it was not in concurrence with local zoning and community laws. Additionally, should someone drink too much and go out driving and hit a school bus, everyone who is an occupant or member would be liable. This is the best reason to incorporate to keep just occupants out of danger.
Some areas restrict the number of septic system or trailers, etc. per acre. There is a rustic park in Darien, GA called Native Woods, not far off of I-95. There is a new park, fairly rustic with an above-ground pool in Siler City, NC called Misty Hole Point.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

One thing to remember; Cheri is in the USA, you're in Canada. What she says is true for the United States.
My recommendation would be to form either a corporation composed of you four couples or whatever other Canadian entity provides a personal liability shield for the four couples personally. If you title the property in the corporate name, and have no other assets in the corporation, all they get is the land. . . a good reason NOT to pay cash for the land.
At that point, if anyone sues, they have a bite at the corporation, not at your personal assets. You may want to get director's insurance for the officers of the corporation too.

I do not know what Nevada's rules are about foreign corporations setting up corporations in Nevada, but if you can, look into that possibility. You can set up the corporation in Nevada, list the officer(s) (which I understand can be one person as the President, Vice Pres, Secretary and treasurer) when the corporation is incorporated, then the next day, change every one of the officers. The State of Nevada will list ONLY the original director(s) but will not disclose the current board member's names. To my knowledge, no one has penetrated Nevada's law of non-disclosure.

See what you can find under Nevada Corporations for more information.

Robb

Edited by - Moderator on 06/04/2007 09:32:40 AM

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  10:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have known of one couple in N.georgia and one lady in S.W.georgia who opened nudist clubs the couple in N.georgia suceeded but invested a lot of their own money and a lot of time to make a sucessful club, but I don't think they ever got rich at it.The lady closed after a year ,I don't think she could ever get the membership required by AANR,she was a very plesant person and had a beautiful place to bad it didn't work out ,I enjoyed visiting it.I also wanted to start a club but from what I observed its a lot of work and a whole lot of money.think i'll just visit..

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  10:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I don't think I am aware of the parks you mentioned. Hidden River in sw GA just over the FL border is very much alive. There is a park in N. GA formerly Holly Acres, now Native Retreat (I think that's the name w/o looking it up), is doing okay. AANR has a great marketing program helping clubs, landed and nonlanded, to prosper and grow.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

leo40

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  08:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri, I believe you refer to "Native Woods" in GA. I stayed there overnight while traveling from FL back to VA, using their one cabin. It is in a handy spot near I-95. The whole place was fascinating to me. It appears to be just one step beyond a backyard where like-minded nudist friends meet privately. Anybody with a home in the middle of a 5 to 10 acre thickly wooded lot could establish something like it. A network of such tiny clubs accross the land could fill in those broad expanses where there are no major landed clubs.

MainelyNudist

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  09:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to start a landed club here in Maine. At the current time, there are no landed clubs. I don't even know the first place to start. I just know that we really need a landed club up here. Anyone got any ideas?

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  11:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MainelyNudist

I would like to start a landed club here in Maine. At the current time, there are no landed clubs. I don't even know the first place to start. I just know that we really need a landed club up here. Anyone got any ideas?

You would need to find a piece of property, find out the local ordinances and laws in that area BEFORE you find an engineer to see if the property would work. Then find financing. After you've done that, you might want to contact the 2 national organizations as well as the nonlanded clubs for their support and recommendations.
Teva

lv2prty

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  6:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please someone open one around new orleans.

lv2prty

nudehndymn
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  08:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can contact AANR. They have or had guides for starting a club.
mark

roddy

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  3:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted an ad on Craigslist recently, but deleted for the time being to find out from other knowlegable nudists if I can post a nudists wanted ad without being flagged.
Being to far away from the Portland metro area, I'm trying to connect with local (NE Oregon) nudists. I would like to get folks together for a loosely organized group, or eventually affliate w/ AANR or TNS.

So far my club consists of one--me, unfortunately.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: starting non landed club. Topic Next Topic: Northern Central Florida Nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved