Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 223 ]  [ Total: 223 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Organizations
 AANR- The American Association for Nude Recreation
 AANR & San Onofre
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2011 World Record Skinny Dip? Topic Next Topic: AANR Membership  has  its  Benefits.  

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  02:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seems AANR has not/did not/is not/will not support the nude use of San Onofre Beach. The details are here, along with some opinions about it.

http://nudiarist.blogspot.com/2010/08/aanr-refuses-to-sign-san-onofre-nude.html

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

Rebecca
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  12:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is appalling how AANR is handling this. Our family discontinued our AANR membership and joined TNS a while ago. We do believe that naturism needs a voice, but we no longer think it's AANR.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  12:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the ONLY way AANR will get the message is for more AANR members to do what Rebecca did!

I know my wife and I would but since our club is a 100% club...we don't have a choice...well...we do but that would then mean we couldn't belong to our club and that is cutting off your nose to spite your face and so we just continue to send emails and letters to them addressing these issues and voicing our distrust in the organization for not backing ALL naturists and doing ALL they can to assist in the San Onofre issue.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  12:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The AANR is incredibly short-sighted (and becoming passé). Don't they realize the more people are exposed to nudism, the more potential for future membership in their organization? I guess not...

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  08:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't blame the AANR for the demise of Sanofre beach, they weren't the reckless users, who caused the powers at large, fed up with numerous complaints of sexual activity and trespass to ban nude useage, one is entitled to their opinion and blaming the AANR really is short sighted indeed. Bashing the AANR here, malign to say least and malicious indeed. In my opinion anyway, not being impetuous...

go n nude

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  12:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

I don't blame the AANR for the demise of Sanofre beach, they weren't the reckless users, who caused the powers at large, fed up with numerous complaints of sexual activity and trespass to ban nude useage, one is entitled to their opinion and blaming the AANR really is short sighted indeed. Bashing the AANR here, malign to say least and malicious indeed. In my opinion anyway, not being impetuous...

go n nude

Too bad you don't have ALL your information correct!

The information AANR made their decisions on whether or not to support TNS and NAC were concocted, inncorrect and untrue "reports" of illicit behavior on the beach, by the State Parks and Rec Rangers and a Ranger who has said..."he was going to personally rid San Onofre State Beach of all those damn naked people"....WHEN IN FACT...the vast majority of those reports(24) were not on the beach but in the parking lot almost 1 mile away!

AANR believed these false reports instead of their fellow naturist organization and Naturist Activist Committee and the Friends of San Onofre Beach group!!

You really need to get your facts straight before you come on here and spout off about a persons opinions on AANR and there stance on San Onofre Beach!

For your information....in all those "reports"...4 of them were on the beach in a 3 year period. 3 of those...the naturists on the beach called the rangers to rid the offenders from the beach!!! The other one...the couple was on the Camp Pendleton side of the beach...and as they left the beach...the rangers cited them after watching them from the cliffs above...and OUR naturist organization believed these people over TNS and the naturists that USE the beach!

Edited by - FireProf on 10/18/2010 12:19:59 AM

prism2525
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  6:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the little I've read the AANR is blindly believing the state and not seeking out the truth by itself. I don't think that is the best way to handle such a delicate matter. I'm starting to feel like the AANR is being pressured or something more sinister.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"If God had intended mankind to run around naked, surely we'd have been born that way!"

oh, wait....

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  11:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are many opinions and theories on why AANR took the position it took with regard to tolerated nude beaches in California.

You are correct, in that, AANR did believe concocted reports and false reports of illicit activity on the beach. TNS/NAC tried to tell them that the information the DPR were giving them was false but they (AANR) wouldn't listen.

Many discussions have transpired since this has happened and I truly think that AANR/GAT ended up with "egg" on their faces over this and they upset many, many members with their stand.

It may be true that you shouldn't file suit against everyone you don't agree with but how can you not file suit against a California state department (Parks and Rec) for throwing out a policy that had been used for almost 3 decades just because you don't like nude sunbathers...and...you are caught red faced and red handed for falsifying reports to substanciate this deed.

Filing suit and those getting tickets for nudity, need to be done if this beach is going to be regained.

AANR continually spoke of taking the "high road" on this issue. They cut a deal with DPR that "no other nude beaches would be targeted." So much for their high road and their deal with DPR. Now there are reports that the rangers are discussing the possibility of citing nude sunbathers at Black's Beach.

AANR missed the boat on this issue and should have joined forces with TNS/NAC on this and fought for ALL nudists and not just the clubs or resorts. Being a member of a 100% club...we HAVE to join AANR. If we were not forced...I would not join AANR until they focused their strengths and connections to assist ALL naturists/nudists on ALL areas of nude recreation.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  03:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just guessing about this, but perhaps AANR likes to stay "mainstream" and gladhand large entities like the State of California to stay on their good side.

NAC, on the other hand seems more combative, and will dig in their heels to fight for nude beaches.

I believe the California Supreme Court has ruled against nude beaches, in general, in state parks. I might be incorrect, and I really should look up that information.

Some organizations like to work with the authorities and stay mainstream, while other groups are more activist by nature. I'll let the reader decide which organization fits into which category.

I'm just speculating here. I tend to do a lot of that, with mixed results.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  6:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually...that's incorrect.

The California Supreme Court chose not to hear the arguments on this case when it was presented to them.

I guess ... "technically" you could say they "ruled" on it but they never heard any arguments from either side so...it can't be certain if they would have sided with the Calif. DPR or the NAC.

The lawyers for the nudists and the NAC feel that the State Supreme Court had other matters to discuss and many issues were cast to the side in order to discuss the issues they thought were more important.

You'll find nudists on both sides of this issue with regard to whether or not litigation should or shouldn't have been the course of action. One organization chose that direction ... the other chose not to.

The sad thing is...we lost a traditionally accepted nude beach that had been that way for over 3 decades and the org's couldn't stop the pi$$in' contest to help ALL naturists and save this beach.

In trying to stay "mainstream"...AANR was also lied to by the DPR and threats of citations on Black's Beach, a beach AANR was told would not be targeted, is now being looked at for future citations. None have been given yet. We will see what happens but...the discussion by DPR to start these citations only proves, to me anyway, that the litigation was the only route to take when dealing with a dishonest department of the state.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  01:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I read in a nudist newsletter that some arrests have been made at San Oh-no-free. A lot or some of the cases have been thrown out of court, while at least one person pleaded to a lesser "crime." One may wonder what he, she, or they pleaded down to -- wearing too brief swimsuit, or having too much fun, being too natural, or just what.

Weird to see California go back to a semi-Victorian era. Where are all those old hippies when you need them? Yes, I know, they are in the corporate board of directors, and they haven't been nude since 1971. Sigh

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a(n) ... enemy."

James Madison

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that there have been 10 or 11 citations written for nudity on San Onofre since the citation writing began. Two people, a couple, opted for a lesser misdemeanor charge and a $50 fine, without being placed on a sex offender list. No arrests have taken place to my knowledge or from the emails and newsletters from the Friends of San Onofre Beach group we belong to.

The remaining 8 or 9 citation charges have been dropped by the DA for insufficent evidence. The naked volleyball group continues to go to the beach and enjoy it naked without further hassles by the rangers but...that does not mean that a ranger will not come down and give you a citation.

Be aware but also know that Allen Baylis, a lawyer and President of the Friends of San Onofre Beach, has your back and if you are given a citation, you should notify him immediately so he can fight that citation as he did, successfully, the other 8 or 9!

Previous Topic: 2011 World Record Skinny Dip? Topic Next Topic: AANR Membership  has  its  Benefits.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved