Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 477 ]  [ Total: 477 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Clubs / Cultures and Groups
 Club Events
 Post and read about club events here
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: can we have a meeting in india Topic Next Topic: Travelites Oct. 4 Oktoberfest RSVPs needed
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  4:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These events are suitable for nudist families, couples and singles, unless otherwise specified. List your upcoming event by hitting Reply To Topic.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2002 :  12:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Travelites in the Carolinas has over 100 members across 19 states. Our full calendar of events can be found at -
However, the next event will be on 8/10 just southeast of Columbia, SC. It will be a Toga Party (toga is optional). It will take place at a member's home on 7 acres and has a hot tub. People from as far away as High Point, NC and Virginia have made plans to join us.

For more information on good people & great times, email either me or the club at travelites@prodigy.net.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  1:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://pages.prodigy.net/travelites/_wsn/page5.html
is where I posted some photos from the club events including from
yesterday's sailing excursion on Clarks Hill Lake, Augusta, GA area.

The 30' Catalina was comfortably filled with friends who enjoyed the wind in the sails on the lake. As always, there was plenty of food & snacks to go around.

Sunny was definitely the weather report. The water was a perfect
temperature, warm enough not to hesitate jumping into but cool enough for a respite from the heat. The air temperature was a bit high, heat index was over 100, but we didn't feel it. The sails did afford shade as we relaxed under blue skies. We got off the lake at about 6:30 after which the winds seemed to shift and we had some rain...something this area was indeed lacking.

:) Cheri

-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  08:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Each time we visit Carolina Foothills, they have at least a couple of improvements since our last visit. Even though Saturday's weather started out cloudy, the park had a great crowd. Saturday's pig roast was superb. There was even some roasted venison.

The Dance was the best yet. We all had such a super time, we didn't mind the occasional drizzle. All types of music was played. Yours truly even won one of the door prizes. It is a towel that folds itself into a bag.

Sunday's weather was SUNNY and grand. The annual Auction netted the club almost $2,000 towards a variety of projects. We all enjoyed the weather on the deck till dusk descended. A group of Travelites members ventured to a local restaurant for a late dinner. We left behind one of our cards that reads "You have just done business with a nudist going to/from a clothing free activity. NUDISTS are good for your business." Our waitress said it was a neat idea and Carolina Foothills may just have a new member! When we returned to the park, Ruth & Randy were musically entertaining folk. Alex was serving some of his blender refreshments.

Today the weather was cloudy with long periods of sun. It was a typical humid Carolina summer day. The hot tub was often enjoyed throughout the weekend as was the pool and large sunning deck. Several played pool in the clubhouse under the
new lighting. Some hiked the scenic trails, photos of which will be posted on one of the Travelites' websites at http://pages.prodigy.net/travelites
along with photos of other pictures of the nudist park.

There were tents, pop-ups, RVs of all dimensions and styles. If you want a spot for next year's holiday weekends, you had better book now. The only thing they don't take reservations for are the tent sites as they are not numbered. Some of the more prized spots are filling already including the club RV and at least one or two of the cabins. Carolina Foothills has definitely become a favorite destination for many.
Hugs, Cheri

-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  10:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://pages.prodigy.net/travelites/_wsn/page10.html is where you can see some of the costumes and a couple of carved pumpkins.
15 friends made plans to celebrate Halloween. Among the costumes were: an Island Girl, King Sun (complete with flowers in his hat), REAL witches (one who reads Tarot), a couple of Dalmatians, and even a member of the band KISS. There were also a few who decided to come (un)dressed as nudists. :)

Pumpkins were carved with faces from the mundane to the more unique and artful.

Prizes were given to witches - including broom stick & KISS band member for costumes.

Food was varied from the oysters, raw & steamed, to dips/chips to cheese, mini-crabcakes and Black Forest cake. The oysters were a tease for the Oyster Roast & Lobster Bash scheduled on Nov. 23.

The next scheduled event will be the Thanksgiving feast on Nov. 9. We'll be deep frying a turkey. People from as far away as Florida will be joining us. Please let us know asap and no later than Nov. 4 so we will have a turkey large enough to feed the crowd.

-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2002 :  5:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Travelite's Lobster Bash & Oyster Roast

Yesterday's Travelites' Lobster Bash & Oyster Roast found 20 of us planning for a great day of food, friends,and fun times. There were members from the Charleston area, Raleigh,
Charlotte, and High Point, NC areas as well as one member from Macon, GA.

The oysters brought down from the NC Coast (thanks to Mike) were absolutely yummy. Many thanks to Larry Pfister for the cooking. Knives were flying, members are getting pretty handy with oyster knives. Some (Mary & Allen) were lucky enough to be served the treats while relaxing in the hot tub. I even got to taste a couple of oysters before they were cooked.

The next course was the 2-1/2 lb. lobsters flown in from Maine for the event. Of course,
we could only get them one-way tickets. :) They were steamed in white wine and fresh rosemary. A few members are becoming old hands at breaking apart the crustaceans...for Carl, it was a new experience. It was obvious that the lobster experience was thoroughly enjoyed.

Along with these treats, there were other yummy dishes among which were a broccoli casserole, spaghetti Alfredo, "krab" salad, Caesar salad, brownies, and other delicious cakes. Roscoe played a guitar for a bit as many continued to feast.

It takes a lot of effort to have something this wonderful come together. Thank you, all.

The next event is the Winter Holiday Party on Dec. 14th at Cheri & Allen's home. There will be a grab bag under the tree at 8pm. There is a $10 limit on the gifts. Men bring a man's or neutral gift; ladies bring a woman's or neutral
gift. Larry agreed to deep-fry another turkey
for us. I have the turkey and will be making a sweet potato casserole. Please let me know if you can make it and what you'll be bringing for the 6pm potluck supper to make this another fun
and tasty event.

Hugs, Cheri
Co-owner/moderator listserv jewishnudists@yahoogroups.com
-
Travelites, Inc. Nudist Club
PO Box 90836, Columbia, SC 29290
803/695-1937
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturist2

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A sunny hello to you from Travelites, Inc.! Here's my special forecast for you this week - full of FUN-SHINE with scattered smiles with a 100% chance of happiness, we've got a bunch of great folk who know how to celebrate.

Whatever's the prediction of the groundhog day this year, beyond a shadow of doubt, we've got a whole bunch of bright and warm wishes to share with our friends.

The Travelites' Chinese New Year Celebration was full of friends, fun, and wonderful food including hot & sour soup, fried rice, chow mein, & chicken Szechwan. The hot tub was enjoyed. The camaraderie could not be surpassed. The surprise birthday of one of our minion was enjoyed with the chocolate pie, chocolate ice cream, & brownies in addition to the traditional foods.

To those of you who were unable to attend, you were missed. To those of you who witnessed this fun time, glad you could make it.

See you on Feb. 15th at the Travelites' annual Valentine Party.

Hugs, Cheri

-
-

panhandler
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  10:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SUNBURST RESORT MARDI GRAS

Sunburst Resort will be having thier annual Mardi Gras golf cart parade on March 8, 2003. The KING and QUEEN will be presented at the end of the parade. Come catch some beads, moon pies, cups, and a while your there catch a few rays too. Later that evening there will be a potluck at 5:00
Fun will be had by all. See you at SUNBURT RESORT

For more information : http://www.sunburst-rivieraclubs.com/

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  3:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Travelites' annual Chili Cookoff was enjoyed by Travelites club members and the North Carolina Naturists who were invited to enjoy the day with us. Thirty friends made plans to either compete or share in the fruits of the cooks' labors.
This year's winners:
1st place- NCN's president, Bob Nulf
2nd place - Travelites' Roscoe
3rd place - Travelites' Miller Botts
Honorable Mention -NCN's Leila & Travelites' Roger
There was a definitely a variety including vegetarian, hot & spicy, mild & yummy.
For those who arrived early in the day, the weather outdoors was perfect to receive the benefits of the sun. At least one needed to be called in from the hot tub to receive his award.

We look forward to other joint events with our sister club to the north including the annual canude trip on July 12th in recognition of National Nude Weekend.

-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Low country boil event report (we were interviewed again)

Scheduled earlier than the Low Country Boil, 3 reporters came out to interview Travelites. The reporters, 3 senior-year Journalism majors, who don't take classes the last year of college, write and submit their articles to a variety of papers for publication. Those who were interviewed: Jim Scott, Larry Pfister, and me. If/when it will be printed, I'll post that information.

The Low Country Boil was funtastic, lots of shrimp, smoked sausage, and corn. We even had Godiva chocolate ice cream for dessert.
The hot tub was used frequently. Happily, a new fuse was found so that it could be continued to be used. :)

The next event is April 19th, tie dying & egg decorating. Bring something white to tie dye and a hard boiled egg. Let me know what
you'll be bringing to the potluck supper that evening. The event will begin at 3:30 if it's sunny, 5 if it is not. Potluck supper will be at about 6:30.

:) Hugs, Cheri

-
-

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  10:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sandy Bares Travel Club Events

Sandy Bares is a nudist travel club based in Mississippi. You can find their clubs events page by clicking here.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  10:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Events at SWSA South Western Sunbathing Association clubs

For a listing of all events at SWSA clubs, click on the URL below.
http://www.swsaevents.com/

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  1:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
15 Travelites from as far away as Virginia (yes, Jennie & Dudley
arrived on time) and the South Carolina Low Country made plans to attend the club's annual Luau and pig pickin' near Columbia, SC. The weather held, and it was a very pleasant day allowing relaxation on the deck and in the hot tub before and after we feasted.

Everyone enjoyed the pork as well as the varied side dishes and the
few chocolate desserts.

We welcomed our newest single lady, Ms. Pat, who decided to
definitely join our club. She was surprised how comfortable she
felt among all the nude bodies.

Please let me know as soon as possible of you're going to be able to
make the Fish Fry and 2004 Calendar Confirmation on September 20th in
Ridgeway. Larry will be frying the fish. I'll be making corn
bread. We'll need side dishes and desserts. When you call to tell us
you'll be there, please
tell me what you'll be bringing. Some of the things needed: cole
slaw, vegetable (maybe corn on the cob or beans), anything else you'd
like to create.

We're still trying to decide on where the Oktoberfest beer & wine
tasting is to be held on October 4th.
Come on out to the fish fry and help decide.

Hugs, Cheri

-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2003 :  4:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This year’s Travelites' Oktoberfest was held in West Columbia, SC. Even though some had to beg off, it was a fun time with great people, luscious food, and hors d’ouvres. The wines varied from Carolina local vineyards (near Whispering Pines) to an Italian merlot in a gorgeous purple bottle. The beers were also varied. The celebrants had the opportunity to visit with Tom in his new home. Several of us gave opinions on how we hoped he would be upgrading and beautifying his space. He will be adding a hot tub. We look forward to returning.

After the party at Tom’s ended, a couple of night owls proceeded to the house to relax in the bubbling hot tub. A perfect end to a perfect day!

Our next event will the Founder's Day celebration (my birthday party) on Sat., Oct. 18th. You can come to our home at 5pm for hors d'ouvres and car pool to the restaurant or meet us at the Long Horn Steak House on Decker at about 7. We have reservations under my name for a specified number. I need to know by Oct. 13th (Monday) if you'll be joining in on the fun at the restaurant or meeting us back at the house for homemade chocolate cake and hot tubbing.

:)Cheri

-
-

Nu2dis

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  8:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Nu2dis a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about a the Tri-State Sun Club's swim socials in NJ. I am very new to nudism and don't yet know anyone personally that enjoys this as well. I read that the socials are a good way to meet other people. However, I am quite nervous about being the only person in their 20's. Has anyone reading this attended one of these, and if so, can you please let me know how they are. It would be greatly appreciated.

fox100d
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  11:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nu2dis,
Go DO it!!! A former TSSC member till I moved west (ID), Janet & Michael are superb hosts, and whether your 20's or 60's, be comfortable, do it, and ENJOY!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: can we have a meeting in india Topic Next Topic: Travelites Oct. 4 Oktoberfest RSVPs needed  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved