Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Health and Safety
 Preventing sunburn and sun damage
 sunburn
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudity and sunscreen Topic Next Topic: Too cold or sunburnt
Page: of 9

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  07:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
scenario:ur on the beach all alone,blistering hot sun;you apply spf 30 to your front from head to toe.You can apply lotion to the back of your front from butt down to feet.How do you get lotion all over your back?................I have an idea for an invention;anyone interested in getting in on ground floor;send $100-cash,Visa,money orders,MC,no checks.-To Laffs Inc....

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  09:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
nudiono,

Free advice - Try putting the lotion on the back of your hand... You will now be able to reach your entire back.

Sponta.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  10:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
more info...there is an applicator device...sort of a sponge on a long handle.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  10:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

An applicator?! Sounds like a bit of over-kill to me.

I think I'll stick with the back-of-the-hand method.

Sponta.

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  5:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sponta-I sure hope that you have the agility when you reach (61 years)as you have now........There's a spot right in the middle of my back that I can't R.......E......A......C......H !

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  01:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats what hubby's are for, make themselves useful like rubbing suntan lotion on all those hard to reach places.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  4:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Kim, among other reasons and needs,it's great to have a partner!

Chic

Keep it smooth!

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  10:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's poses any interesting question... Whats the protocol for asking others at a nude beach to help you apply sunscreen? Is it acceptable for men to ask women to help them apply suncreen? If you're a women, how would you feel about having a stranger ask the question?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  10:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over the years, I've helped some single men and women apply sunscreen to the middle of the back at nudist parks. I've never been asked while at a beach.

:) Cheri

-
-

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  11:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Were you asked or did you offer?

Sponta.

Edited by - Spontanudity on 10/24/2003 11:10:59 PM

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  12:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AFAIK, the best solution is to use a large beach shade umbrella or cabana that blocks both UVA and UVB and only take enough sun to tan gradually.

I seem to be able to move in and out of shade all day without burning. I particularly avoid the worst part of the day. When I have had enough, I stop. I live in the NE where the sun is less intense, but spend time in AZ.

It seems that avoiding a UVB sunburn with sunscreen allows us to overdose on the the UVA rays that cause the deadly form of skin cancer.

I can post more information with references if anyone is interested and you can tell me where to post without boring everyone to tears.

Reminder: please get your skin regularly checked by your doctor.

Stuffed Tiger

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  12:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Stuffed Tiger,

In Oz, we call it "Slip Slop Slap"... Slip on shirt, slop on some sunscreen and slap on a hat.

Cheers
Sponta

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  02:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sponta,

How is that vaccine for Melanoma comming along? When they perfect it, I am thinking of flying down under to get a shot of it.

Stuffed Tiger

Betalil

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  02:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Betalil a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Vaccine for Melanoma? How very cool that would be!.. Hubby had melanoma 3 yrs ago, and he was and is a staunch user of sunscreens. We now also avoid direct sun, and do cover up when we can't avoid it.. At least here in the summer we don't feel left out of the sun as it is still quite warm in the shade...

Betalil

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  07:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spontanudity, Both. When I see someone having difficulty, my "mom" persona errupts. :)

BTW, I rarely, if ever, am in the sun. I prefer to sit in the shade. Every day, even if staying in the shade or indoors, I try to remember to put on sunscreen. Reflected sun is just as bad.

Cheri

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 10/25/2003 07:53:29 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  1:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I use the highest PF sun block that I can. I limit the time I am in full sun, like before 11 AM, and after 4 PM. I wear a hat when in full sun, and I am not in direct sun light during the dangerous periods of the day.

I have no problem applying sun block to a stranger, (on their back), and I have often asked people if the minded applying sun block to my back.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: nudity and sunscreen Topic Next Topic: Too cold or sunburnt  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved