Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 nudism : inward lust or eternal truth
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: up load pic Topic Next Topic: Missing Parts  

vishnu

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  06:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys,
wat do u feel about nudism, is it somethin related to lust or is it the eternal truth dat we all are one, humans...????

vishnu

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  11:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All that and more ...

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  5:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As God intended or created, shame and guilt was mankind's choice or free will and thats a shame.

go n nude

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  01:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Why are we the only life-form on earth who is, for the most part, ashamed of our body? That might engender some thoughts as to what the soul of nudism is.

Porpoises and pigs are quite intelligent critters, yet have no problems with nudity. I imagine that they give absolutely zero thought to the whole thing. Lucky them. Nudity does not cause them to be perverts or weirdos.

It is only the human mind that generates all the shame, guilt, and condemnation to an otherwise non-issue. We humans have lots of roles to play, and these roles may well impose different kinds of clothing to help project to others that we are such-and-such professionals. That might be a suit, overalls, relgious garb, casual wear on the job, and uniforms for all sorts of workers and military folks.

It's comical to imagine a paunchy business executive barking out orders when he/she is nude. Clothes seem to perform magic on the job.

Nudism projects nothing, and thus we lose our expression of who we want to be, vis-a-vis society.

Others say the the body is nasty and revolting to look at. Of course, we don't mind looking at gorgeous young bodies in a swimsuit, but who is counting hypocrisies?

Functional body parts, other than facial ones, for some reason take on obscene connotations. However, why should not a person's nose be obscene. Do I really want to look up into the holes in a person's nose? Or, do I want to see ear hair on an older person, or nose hair for that matter?

A kiester is nicer to look at than nose hair, yet the masses take the opposite point of view. I say that because I have to go after my own nose hair. Snip, snip! Don't we all have posteriors? So why the vulgar quality to a bare butt? If you've seen one fanny, you've generally seen them all. No big deal.

It's all so much hair-splitting, and no, I was not referring to nose hair. Either you accept your body as a normal natural thing, or you classify it as somethign horrible to see. Are textile people that awful to be seen, and if so, who told them that? Yup, other people did, as if they had divine power over you.

For me, nudism is about feeling free to be me, in my entirety. No one has lost their lunch looking at me, at least I hope not. I'm not about feeling lust or sexually harrassing women at nudist resorts.

Funny how clothed people sexually harrass a lot of victims. So, it's not the state of nudity or clothing, but rather the state of mind. Free or constricted -- you decide which way you want to live.

"The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force." -- Thomas Jefferson

Centauri4
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  8:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

Why are we the only life-form on earth who is, for the most part, ashamed of our body? ...
{snip}...

Funny how clothed people sexually harass a lot of victims. So, it's not the state of nudity or clothing, but rather the state of mind. Free or constricted -- you decide which way you want to live.

These are some really nice thoughts! Though I did see some tribesmen in New Guinea that wear 'penis sheaths', but these are for practical purposes not to avoid embarrassment. They just don't want to get the willies whacked with pricker bushes and tall grass blades! Oddly enough the testicles are not protected in any way, so I can only imagine these natives have some very tough balls!!

It pains me to think of the number of people who apparently believe sexually intimidating someone is anywhere near acceptable behavior.

My wife just told me a dreadful story of a young couple she knew where the guy was "forceful" when it came to being intimate, and the girl tolerated it! I mean, the details she knew as a third-party blew my mind and I was surprised the guy didn't go to jail!

The sort of liberation that humanity needs when it comes to patiently being accepting of nudity IS in social nudism. What sort of further revolution it will take to move us "forward" is difficult to imagine.

~

"Why didn't I think of going nude sooner?!"

Edited by - Centauri4 on 05/28/2011 8:49:43 PM

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  2:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The body shame and disgust that is so prevalent in our society is very sad. In my opinion it must be associated with and contributing to the violence, and bigotry we see around us.
We have dogs, horses, cows and other animals clearly naked with their anatomical parts hanging out before our eyes and that is OK as it should be. A naked human however is somehow reviled as obscene, and to be arrested if seen naked in public.
Why is that? Our broader textile compulsive society knows not what it is missing. If only people would open their minds to the opportunity to experience the nudist and naturist lifestyle before automatically condemning it.
Anyone out there reading this and considering your first experience with nude recreation please go forward with it. It will liberate you. It is wonderful. It has given us the venue for removing the stress in our lives, and has literally saved our lives. We and our friends would not give up the nudism we enjoy for all the tea in China.

Being Naked and Being Real

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  11:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't help but think, in other approaches to this matter, that people are fooling themselves when they are obsessed about covering up themselves.

We are a nation of role players -- workers, clients, volunteers, shoppers, military, and many other roles. Each role has its "uniform." To be without your uniform is to not have a role to play. You are thus irresponsible, and out of uniform.

To these people, the naked body is only naked for maintenance or sexual purposes. You're naked, or semi-naked at the doc's office, in the shower for skin odor maintenance, changing your uniform to dress for another role, and while engaging in sexual activities. For them, nudity is purely and precisely functional, and functional only. I will allow for inhospitable climates, where clothing, too, is in reality, helpful.

Only when the climate is nice, clothing loses its necessity. However, this is not Antarctica, or the North Pole, or other similar places that would harm the naked body.

In moderate or warm climates, the only excuse for clothing is the roles we play. Your boss my wear a coat and tie to project the manager role. Nudity takes that crutch away from him. Some companies make their employees wear clothing that they think projects the company image, like the uniforms one might see at a fast-food place.

Given a relatively warm climate, at least during summer, there is no natural reason to wear clothing. None. Zip. Nada. Well, wait a moment, the laundromats might go out of business, but who cares?

In the zeal for our "uniforms," we seek to run away from our natural self. We want to escape our humanity, and make believe that clothing is our salvation. It's not, and never will be. Clothes do not produce health, they do not increase your IQ, they do not make you more moral, they do not make you more emotionally mature, they do not confer on you a college degree, they do not make you more popular (if that is what you want), and your pet will not love you any more then he/she already does if you wear clothes.

So, why do we wear clothes on a nice warm summer day? I know - mental conditioning from our moms and dads, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. Don't forget Queen Victoria, either. She was the most severely deranged when it came to being natural.

It seems that America has slipped away from social nudity to an extent, vis-a-viz the 1960s and 1970s. Even if you didn't like the flower children, at least they helped bring us more nudity, although I didn't need them for that. Still, there are naked bike ride events, and Bay to Breakers is back to allowing nude participants. The folks from the older days are not influential to put a stop to them, but there are plenty of newer people who are up-tight about public nudity. It's a strange mix we have today.

The techie-tech world has seem to have made being human not really all that big of a deal. As if being human were now obsolete. You don't have a 400 watt video gaming system, so go play with your little XP system -- that is some of the thinking that goes on in that crowd. I've been around them.

It all goes back to our human qualities, and our ability to relate to each other as natural humans. For some, like me, it's easy to be a nudist. For others, it's a morbid fear of being seen as a natural life form. I like being natural, and gladly let others be unnatural. But, then, I think, who would want to exist in an unnatural state? It's like eating unnatural food made by a chemist.

"The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force." -- Thomas Jefferson

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2011 :  06:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are born nude and that's your answer.

Previous Topic: up load pic Topic Next Topic: Missing Parts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved