Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  11:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornnude

quote:
Originally posted by smendes

<Snip>

I do not doubt that there are people out there that do what you describe. I can’t tell you what everyones motives for participating are.

One quick note.... Unless I am corrected by women here, I don’t believe breasts are considered genitals.

<Snip>

Born Nude,

No, I don’t think that in most cities/states/jurisdictions that the breasts are considered to be “genitalia,” but some of them do have laws pertaining to “indecency” laws that require that a womans breast have an opaqu covering over them. Or only a certain amount that has to be covered in order to be “legal.” But we have heard from more then one woman here who have admitted that their genitalia DOES respond to stimulation of their breasts/nipples.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  01:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CathyK

<Snip>

I believe that to the uninformed, the make believers, pretenders, wannabees, and such, us nudists are a curiosity and somewhat of a freak show since they look at us from a distance, through distorted lenses and can't understand how we exist the way we do. They think we have secret get-tigethers, behind the scenes, of sexual orgies. Heck, isn't that what naked people are supposed to do when they get togeher in a group? If they only knew the truth, they wouldn't be making these type of comments.

<Snip>

Cathy

Cathy,

Ya mean the clubs/resorts that ya go to don’t do that??? Gee ya must be going to the “wrong” clubs/resorts. . .;-)

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  01:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bilby

There seem to be two factions here.
One faction says that erections are normal and natural so what's the problem? The other side says that erections are simply not appropriate in a social setting.

While the head and the heart understand the difference between sensuality and sexuality, let's be honest, the penis does not. And since nudism can be a sensual experience, erections will sometimes happen. I think most nudists understand that an unwanted erection is not necessarily lewd behaviour.

However, I think most nudists are aware of the possibility that visible erection can bring nudism into disrepute, and that wouldn't help anyone. To first timers, te sight of men with exposed erections would not be a welcoming of comforting sight.

So I think the best thing to say is at they are natural, they do happen, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but be discrete about it.

Bilby,

Let’s also not forget that besides those “two schools” of thought that it also seems to be a predominately an American “concept” or “idea.” And that most people in Europe use it as one more “excuse” to “laugh” at our “immaturity” as a culture.

As they (for the most part) seem to not be so affected by the occasional random erection in their nudist venues.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  1:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by sharee

(snip)
Anyone who is going to be in a involved in any type of nudity is going to see the male organ in different states all the time, you better be prepared to deal with it by just ignoring it.

As stated before, a displayed erection, even if nothing is done with it, can be an affront. That's sexuality and has no place in nudist venues. We have enough trouble keeping our beaches available.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cheri,

As has been said here plenty of times NOT all erections are “sexual” in nature, and to presume that “ALL” erections are so, says more about the observer then the man who has the occasional erection. Why can’t you accept that? Likewise erections are NOT a sign of “aggression.”

To say that an erect penis is a sign of “aggression” is to likewise say that a flaccid penis is also a sign of “aggression” because a flaccid penis can become an erection at any time.

A short time ago I saw a show on the Discovery channel that dealt with sex, and sexuality. Among some of what they discovered during their investigation they found that an erect penis is actually a relaxed penis, and that a flaccid penis is the one that is under stress.

Also to suggest that ALL men can “control” their penis’/erections “all” or even some of the time is just as false as the assumption that women do NOT show readily visible signs of arousal. Some do, some do not.

Also Cheri, don’t forget that the this whole erection “problem” thing is an American concept and is NOT one that is shared by the whole world.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  3:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by natur31

Just accept that sometimes men can become erect in the presence of nude ladies PROVIDING there are no resulting sexual attacks, all is O.K.

I, as a lady, I do not object to the natural reaction of men. Just as example: I was on holiday in a naturist village: there was a late-night dance: of course we danced nude, and, of course close body to body contact. My partner became erect - pretty natural - but no ATTACK. It gave me pleasure that another person was attracted by my body and that I had given him that pleasure. We kissed, smiled and went our ways.

Sarah

Sarah, That may be fine and dandy in France, but here in the States, that would get a man removed from the premises.
Cheri

-
-

Cheri,

I am sure that there are MANY men out there who while at a dance in the “textile” world have also had an erection while dancing close to a woman. Just because a man has an erection is NO reason to expel a person.

Now then, IF Sarah and her male friend had engaged in sexual intercourse while he was aroused that would have been wrong. But just because her partner had an erection while dancing doesn’t mean that he did anything “wrong” or that warranted his being removed from the premises.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  3:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Knight

quote:
Originally posted by newtonudism

<sni> It is unbelievable that ignorance regarding nudism exist amongst nudists. comments i've heard agaisnt erections here are just as dumb as those i've heard from elders against nudism...maybe your mids didn't open all the way......

We all know we get them, we all accept that we get them, indeed we enjoy getting them, we enjoy using them, but that is not the point. It is universaly accepted naturist etiquette to use utmost discretion when it happens, thats where the obligatory towel comes in, what we don't do is walk around drawing attention to our extended appendage, nice though it is, its just not polite to flaunt it.

If you feel that its OK to show it around, then I would consider you to be at best an exhibitionist, or at worst a flasher and I would expect to see you banned from any club I was a member of.

Shit happens, but we don't show off the s***.

Pete Knight

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

Pete,

I think that it’s been pointed out that it is NOT “universally” accepted that a man with an erection is “expected” to cover it up, or to be “ashamed” that he had an erection in a public setting. And that it is only “universally accepted” behavior here in the States/North America, NOT at all nudist venues around the world.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlobbyBob

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Knight

its just not polite to flaunt it.

If you feel that its OK to show it around, then I would consider you to be at best an exhibitionist, or at worst a flasher and I would expect to see you banned from any club I was a member of.

Shit happens, but we don't show off the s***.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that men should, if they get an erection, immediately walk around to show it off, but if a man is doing something why should he have to stop to cover up a part of his body? If a man is taking a walk and gets a spontaneous erection why should he have to interupt what he is doing to hide it?

I do find it almost funny that, in general, nudists seem to have the same opinion of erections as non-nudist have of nudists; "cover that up", "i don't want to see that", "that is disgusting"

Why should it matter if a penis is hanging down or sticking up? As long as it isn't being played with, or its owner isnt staring at others and such, why should it matter?

Blobby Bob,

Exactly, and well said. For some reason the more outspoken on the board seems to for whatever reason to equate an erection with what their intent may or may not be.

And it also appears that the more outspoken in the group are so quick to presume that a man with an erection has some “ulterior” motive behind having one.

As well as any man who has an erection is somehow a “threat” to everyone else in the area, and should be “punished” or “banned” for having an erection without trying to conceal it in some manner.

And that they’re expected to stop whatever it is they are/were doing and cover or conceal it.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  4:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordpacal

I have been in situations where this happened to me. From a man's perspective, I consider an erection a natural behavior (reaction) with a real purpose for human survival on the planet. Women have responses as well but not so noticeable.

So, what is the big issue for nudists and naturists as long as those men who have the occasional erection are not jumping around masturbating all over the place like chimpanzees?

We are human beings so who are we trying to fool? Why should we ignore this basic part of being human? If an erection offends you, look the other direction. Ignore the display and the monster will likely go away. My experiences have been that most women have a look then turn away. If they like what they see, they stay.

By the way, men are looking at women and enjoying the view as well.
Respectfully written,
Larry

Larry,

That was both intelligent and very well said.

I think (like I think that a lot of people appear to think) that an occasional erection is nothing to be upset over. And that as long as a man is NOT actively masturbating and/or “chasing” people around with it, it’s no big deal.

I also think that those who find an erection to be “a sign of aggression” or “offensive” in some way need to ask themselves just why it is that they find a man who is not doing anything and gets an erection is “offensive” in some way, and needs to take steps to “cover it up” or to “conceal it” or to excuse themselves and go “take care of it.” As I think as some have expressed here that they are the ones who may have something wrong with them.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  4:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Herman, Your knife is not allowed in courthouses or in some other public buildings. It's because there is a possibility that someone "might" use in an other than harmless manner.
Cheri

-
-

Cheri,

The point that I was trying to make is that just because a person carries a knife or other type of a weapon. Doesn’t mean that they’re going to do anything with it.

It’s the same with a man and an erection. Just because a man has an erection, doesn’t mean that he’s going to do anything with it.

And sadly that “prohibition” about taking a knife (or again any other type of weapon) into a courthouse or some other public buildings is primarily an post 9/11 thing. As I am pretty sure that at one time I was able to carry my knife in a courthouse or “other” public buildings.

Herman

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  4:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Herman, The prohibition of weapons is not a 9/11 thing. It's been in existence for over 40 years.

Cheri

-
-

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  4:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordpacal

This seems to be an age-old problem that will never be solved.

I do agree that a knife is not permitted in a courthouse, but there are lots of differences between a man's penis and a knife.

Hopefully, we are not talking about men with out-of-control monster erections preying on innocent women who choose to remove their clothing for all to see. I have never seen that happen in a nudist setting. We are talking about a natural reaction. I might add that men, for the most part, have some control but CANNOT CONTROL away a potential erection anymore than women can stop erections of their nipples.
Larry

Larry,

The analogy that I was trying to make was that just because one carries a knife doesn’t mean that they’re going to use it for anything. And that it’s the same with a man with an erection. Just because a man has an erection doesn’t mean that he’s going to do anything with it.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  4:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Herman, The prohibition of weapons is not a 9/11 thing. It’s been in existence for over 40 years.

Cheri

-
-

Cheri,

I beg to differ with you on that. As I remember not only myself, but others carrying knives on our belts when I was going to school in NY. As well as being able to carry mine into the vast majority of buildings that I had gone into pre-9/11 to include going to an airport and going through the security checkpoint and being allowed to keep it when I was in the Reserves back in Florida.

I also recall that while ON Active Duty, and flying home in my Dress Greens on a commercial flight that I had a smaller knife then the one I usually carry on my belt under my jacket and it never set off any of the metal detectors that I passed through.

So maybe in YOUR area it’s been in “existence” for over 40-yrs, that doesn’t mean that it’s so everywhere.

You know you really should be more careful with your sweeping generalizations. As not all of them are true, for all areas of the world/country.

Herman

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Herman, I should have said COURTROOMS...I think I did & perhaps I should not have added other public buildings.

I grew up in NY. In the 80s, I was not allowed to carry my pocket knife onboard a plane or into a courtroom in NY, in Okla., in SC.

Let's not hijack this topic and make the Admin unhappy with us.

Cheri

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 05/30/2006 7:47:38 PM

jonny

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  12:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jonny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think the women might see it in a diff way if it could happen to them

Kauai1
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  11:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, folks, erections are something us boys do get. Some for sexual satisfaction & some, b'cuz "he" (the bone), wants too. We are human and cannot always control what happens. Wish we could be like you gals and have a dripping pleasure time, without notice. Guys will get an Erection - OK, we are Naturists, Right? It is, uh, N-A-T-U-R-A-L! Men do get erections.
Day & night. So, as naturists, why is this such a BIG discussion? It happens. Just like when your body says, "Oops, time to go the toilet". Do you hide in closet? No, you say, "Pardon me, I have to use the Restroom".
DUH - so, if you are at a naturist gathering and a Man gets an erection - so what????
Please - tell me, SO WHAT?

BBare

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved