Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

nudelonewolf

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  6:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Send nudelonewolf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi People,
I am a newcomer to this site. I have never been in a nude venue before, but plan to try it soon. I am from Northern NJ, and plan to go to Sandy Hook NJ this season. I was thinking about trying a nude beach for the last year or so. This issue has crossed my mind. I definately do not want to be seen in public in an aroused state. I just want to see what it feels like to be nude outside in nature. After reading a lot of posts in the forums on here I feel much more comfortable about pursuing this. I don't think the erection thing will be an issue for me. A lot of guys who post on here have said it's not something that happens to them. Of course a guy should take the necessary steps to keep it from being seen should it occur. Some women have posted on here too about this subject. Many seem to be understanding of this issue for a guy, but I think most would prefer not to see it, and I respect and understand that. So the best course of behavior is to be respectful and should this issue come "up", do the right thing. Well maybe if I win the lottery I can buy my own private beach and spend time there with an amourous lady where anything goes!

thinkaboutitMD

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  9:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit thinkaboutitMD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After reading a variety of responses to Belisha's question regarding male public arousal in a nudist community settlement, as well as Spontanudity's comments regarding the physiological causes of male arousal; I felt the need to comment.

While Spont... is correct that as males mature and grow older; their hormones and "control," over their visible arousal is increased, numerous studies have shown that chemical flucuations in the brain have more to do with the blood flow to the genital area, causing erections, than what I would term willpower. Whether one has been published means very little and I would never use that as an argument to so called mental superiority.

In regards to arousal in a colony, I would agree that it is in the best interest of all that the individual cover up and not draw attention to hisself. I would assume that your true members would feel very uncomfortable themselves and would be more embarrassed for themselves than anyone else. Thinkaboutit.....

ArmyManAndWoman

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  01:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ArmyManAndWoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok what if it is a male first time out on a nude beach. Yes I agree he has to control him self. But there is also that primal urge to want to mate. It is not that we men mean for it to happen it is not like we start running around flipping it around like a bunch of frat boys. I believe it should be the behavior behind the erection that should be looked at more. An erection is a normal thing. And yes Cheri I agree first time women will not want to return if they see nothing but erections running around I as a men would to. But again you also have to look at the behavior behind the erection as well is it an ops or is it hay look at me thing. Yes once that ops happens a man should not publicize it he should try to take care of it in an inoffensive way.

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  3:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sally
i think u understand. nude is nude and i think if women dont have to cover up i think men should not have to eather. i think its a small problem from what i read and if it is delt with in a descrete manor it should be left alone. the person that has to deal with it doesnt want it in the first place.the bad erection person doesnt care about the others and should be asked to leave and NOT be allowed back EVER.
still trying to get some nutural ground in witch to work with....
old buzzard p.s. what do others think?????

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  4:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StreakingSkater

Well Said Old Buzzard! You are right a middle ground to realistically deal with the "good" and "bad" erections is consturctive.

My experience with is also along the lines that the intention of the person with the erection is important, especially at Nudist clubs (vs Public beaches). It seems to me most nudist clubs don't have too much problem with this, as most of the people there are nudist/naturists just having fun naked, not looking for sexuall overtones or interactions. Someone obviously showing off an erection to get attention etc at a club is not appropriate and the management has the right and duty to stop this. The ocasional erection that is covered up should not be a big deal, and for younger guys, thinking like less than 20 they should be given a bit more leeway as the nudist experience may still be very hard for them to seperate from the sexual experience. It seems to me what keeps some younger people that did not grow up in a nudist family away from nudism is shame and not being able to seperate sex from being naked, it takes some experience to get used to being naked with others without experiencing it it as a sexually stimulating situation.

It may be hard to explicitly define it, but like many things, one tends to be able to eaisily tell inapropriate erection and behaviour when one sees it.

My final thought is, in all the places I have been nude, it has been very rare that I have seen inappropriate sexual/erection problems ocuring.

Skater,

But aren't you making the assumption there that all erections have as their origin being a sexual response? Don't men and young boys get erections for some of the same reasons as we women get erect nipples, i.e. the feel of the warm sun on our skin, a cool breeze, the brush of a towel? Or from the vibrations of a car, or having to urinate?

Why is there always this assumption that the man or young boy who has an erection has sexual thoughts on his mind? Would it not be better to assume that he has an erection for other reasons until he proves that he's having one for sexual reasons?

Sally

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  5:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OLD BUZZARD

sally
i think u understand. nude is nude and i think if women dont have to cover up i think men should not have to eather. i think its a small problem from what i read and if it is delt with in a descrete manor it should be left alone. the person that has to deal with it doesnt want it in the first place.the bad erection person doesnt care about the others and should be asked to leave and NOT be allowed back EVER.
still trying to get some nutural ground in witch to work with....
old buzzard p.s. what do others think?????

Old Buzzard,

I'm glad that I think we understand each other. And that as I've said we've gotten much more enlighted in our approach to us women when we have our periods that the same couritsy needs to be extended to men when or if they have an erection. And one shouldn't assume that he has one because of sexual reasons. Unless of course he proves it by his actions.

Personally I would not be offended in the least if I saw a man or a young boy with an erection while I was at a nudist clube or beach. I would be more offended that he thought that I somehow needed to be protected from the sight of his erection and that he had to cover it up.

To me that's the offensive action, not the erection itself.

Sally

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  7:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sally, You are only 22. How long have you been a nudist? Having personally been a nudist for over 39 years of my 59, I must say that I am appreciative of a man to turn over if laying down, diving into a pool if he's nearby, or if sitting, putting a towel over his lap. It's just the polite thing to do in polite society. Let's all agree to disagree and go on.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  11:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sally

Don't men and young boys get erections for some of the same reasons as we women get erect nipples, i.e. the feel of the warm sun on our skin, a cool breeze, the brush of a towel? Or from the vibrations of a car, or having to urinate?

Quite frankly,
No.

The sun has never given me an erection.

A breeze has never given me an erection.

A brush of a towel has never given me an erection. (maybe if I was brushing myself with a towel really fast but I don't think that counts because thats a different circumstance all together!)

I don't recall ever an erection being caused by vehicle vibrations but I suppose that is a real possibility.

Having to urinate has nothing to do with erections. Thats an old wives tale caused by a misunderstanding of morning erections. They happen weather or not you need to urinate.

From my own personal experience I'd have to say that other than morning or sleeping erections, 99% of erections are caused by sexual thoughts.

Edited by - CMx2 on 05/22/2007 11:06:38 PM

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  4:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Sally, You are only 22. How long have you been a nudist? Having personally been a nudist for over 39 years of my 59, I must say that I am appreciative of a man to turn over if laying down, diving into a pool if he’s nearby, or if sitting, putting a towel over his lap. It’s just the polite thing to do in polite society. Let’s all agree to disagree and go on.
Cheri

-
-

Cheri,

I am not sure but I think that you may have me confused with someone else, as I am 43 not 22. And if you have read what I have posted before in the past my brothers, sisters and myself grew-up running around the family farm nude. Most of our friends when they would come over would also go nude, as did eventually our parents and several of their friends.

So I guess you can say that I have been a nudist all of my life.

As for your argument that it’s the polite thing to do in polite society, let’s not forget that most people do consider it to be impolite to go nude socially in mixed or polite company.

Let’s also not forget that it really wasn’t all that long ago that we women were more or less banned from doing certain things or touching certain things when we had our periods because of what some thought might happen but couldn’t happen in a million years.

Such as I’ve heard and I’ll admit that I don’t know if it’s true or not that when a woman had her period that she couldn’t touch fruit bearing trees because it would cause the fruit to turn. Likewise we couldn’t touch raw meat for fear that it would spoil. Those old wives tales have now fallen by the wayside and we have moved on and we are no longer treated as second-class citizens because of a simple act of biology that is beyond our control. And we are free to do whatever we want while we have our periods because it isn’t going to have any effect on the environment around us.

So why are we now treating men pretty much the same way that we were treated and again for a simple act of biology? An act that despite what some may try to say not all men have control over. To me it just doesn’t make any sense.

A penis whether erect or not is not something that I feel that I or anyone else needs to be protected from.

Let me ask you this do you think that women when walking around a nudist resort, beach or what have you who are having their periods need to cover-up? If so why?

Sally

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  5:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CMx2

quote:
Originally posted by Sally

Don’t men and young boys get erections for some of the same reasons as we women get erect nipples, i.e. the feel of the warm sun on our skin, a cool breeze, the brush of a towel? Or from the vibrations of a car, or having to urinate?

Quite frankly,
No.

The sun has never given me an erection.

A breeze has never given me an erection.

A brush of a towel has never given me an erection. (maybe if I was brushing myself with a towel really fast but I don’t think that counts because thats a different circumstance all together!)

I don’t recall ever an erection being caused by vehicle vibrations but I suppose that is a real possibility.

Having to urinate has nothing to do with erections. Thats an old wives tale caused by a misunderstanding of morning erections. They happen weather or not you need to urinate.

From my own personal experience I’d have to say that other than morning or sleeping erections, 99% of erections are caused by sexual thoughts.

CMx2,

Then I have to guess that there is something wrong with either you or my brothers. As I do recall seeing my brothers laying in the sun reading a Mad magazine (hardly a sexually charged magazine) and having an erection. And the only stimulation was the warm sun and a breeze blowing.

Ok, why is it a different circumstance if your brushing yourself real fast with a towel? You’re still being brushed by a towel aren’t you?

Again I would have to say that there may be something wrong with either you or my brothers as I do recall them complaining about getting an erection while riding the school bus, or in the old jeep that we had on the farm. Actually I think that it may have only been the school bus that they complained of as I do seem to recall them finding excuses to drive that old jeep.

You’ve never other then either a morning or sleep induced had a spontaneous erection? Having grown up with several brothers I find that hard to believe.

Sally

naked-peter

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  8:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudelonewolf

Hi People,
I am a newcomer to this site. I have never been in a nude venue before, but plan to try it soon. I am from Northern NJ, and plan to go to Sandy Hook NJ this season. I was thinking about trying a nude beach for the last year or so. This issue has crossed my mind. I definately do not want to be seen in public in an aroused state. I just want to see what it feels like to be nude outside in nature. After reading a lot of posts in the forums on here I feel much more comfortable about pursuing this. I don't think the erection thing will be an issue for me. A lot of guys who post on here have said it's not something that happens to them. Of course a guy should take the necessary steps to keep it from being seen should it occur. Some women have posted on here too about this subject. Many seem to be understanding of this issue for a guy, but I think most would prefer not to see it, and I respect and understand that. So the best course of behavior is to be respectful and should this issue come "up", do the right thing. Well maybe if I win the lottery I can buy my own private beach and spend time there with an amourous lady where anything goes!

I use to worry about the arousal issue.

But a few small points:

What the difference between being aroused in public with your shorts on or off?
It’s still just as obvious and generally doesn’t happen!

What’s the difference between seeing an attractive woman in a skimpy bikini or nude?
I actually find women wearing sexy clothes more appealing that when they’re naked. (Perhaps I’m a little strange).

Being raised in Europe, where nudity in many places is much less frowned upon and in many cases is the norm; I have never understood the American tendency to associate nudity with sexuality. I actually find nudity a ‘turn off’ rather thank a ‘turn on’ (sexually speaking). But nudity is exhilarating! It feels great to be in a place where clothes don’t matter!

Last time out on Haulover Beach I took a first timer. He was worried too. But once we got there I think he was more embarrassed to be one of only four people on the beach with his shorts on (two of the others were life guards, one was beachcomber and I guess the other guy was a voyeur but he didn’t stay long). It took him about 3 minutes to loose his shorts. After that I think it took him another minute to realize that not one other person on the beach had the slightest interest in him (I think he was slightly disappointed!).

Just do it. It didn’t happen for me and I’m sure it won’t for you!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  8:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sally, I apologize for misreading your age for the number of your posts in your profile. I still maintain that it's polite to care about how others feel. A woman's menstruation has nothing to do with arousal or what might be perceived as a threat to a newbie woman. Yes, you have grown up in a nudist family, but not as I surmise, in a socially nude group outside of the family.
I've been marketing and working with PR in nudism for over 20 yrs. I've visited more than 50 parks, clubs, resorts, and beaches. I maintain what I have said in many, many messages that when in public, it's not polite to sneeze in another's face, urinate in public, nor have an erection.
Cheri

-
-

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  4:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Sally, I apologize for misreading your age for the number of your posts in your profile. I still maintain that it’s polite to care about how others feel. A woman’s menstruation has nothing to do with arousal or what might be perceived as a threat to a newbie woman. Yes, you have grown up in a nudist family, but not as I surmise, in a socially nude group outside of the family.
I’ve been marketing and working with PR in nudism for over 20 yrs. I’ve visited more than 50 parks, clubs, resorts, and beaches. I maintain what I have said in many, many messages that when in public, it’s not polite to sneeze in another’s face, urinate in public, nor have an erection.
Cheri

-
-

Cheri,

I agree that it’s the polite thing to care about other people feelings, but that goes both ways. In more then one of your posts (I did my best to read as many of the old posts and threads before I started posting) I have noticed that you seem to be one of the primary ones for saying what should or shouldn’t be done with a young boy or man with an erection to include it would seem the advocating of assaulting said person if they don’t cover up quick enough. Isn’t the polite thing to do is not to look at something that offends you? And that the erection itself shouldn’t be how the person is judged, but rather their actions while having an erection i.e. if they’re trying to flaunt or otherwise show it off, or if they are masturbating that that is what should be commented on?

Also isn’t it true that from what I have read here that most of you all seem to say that nudism is about relaxing and letting the stress of the day slip away? If that is so then there is no greater sign that a man is relaxed then his having an erection. As I was watching a show on human sexuality on one of the educational channels and they had said that a man’s penis was most relaxed when it was erect.

It’s true that a woman’s menstruation has nothing to do with arousal, but you cannot deny that at one time ignorant minded people DID in fact place limitations on what a woman could do while she had her period. I would also have to say that if a woman who is new to the nudist lifestyle fells threatened by an erection that she needs to do some self-evaluation, as there is nothing threatening about an erection. It is a simple act of biology.

I know that a number of times you have tried to compare covering one’s nose and mouth while sneezing or defecating or urinating to the covering of erections as being examples of how to be polite. But those things are totally unrelated. Sneezing, defecating or urinating can expose others to germs. However an erection does no such thing. It is simply a piece of flesh responding to various stimuli. Much as our nipples, clitoris’, labia do.

Yes, I know that generally speaking, and that’s really not a good way to talk, that an erect penis tends to be more noticeable then an erect clitoris, or engorged labia, but as I have said before I have several girlfriends who’s clitoris’ and labia are very noticeable regardless of their state of arousal. And I would never think to ask any of them to cover-up, nor would I ever ask any of my male friends to cover an erection. And as a matter of fact on more then one occasion I have asked girlfriends to leave who were making too much of a deal over one of the guys laying by the pool relaxing who became erect, as they were the ones who were misbehaving and creating a scene, not the guy.

I would also like to mention that as I said in my last post, it was not only my family that went nude at my family home while growing up, but also our fri

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  5:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the main reasons I dont really post here anymore right here. 52 PAGES of talk about male hard ons!!!! REAL nudists just dont discuss this issue in such GREAT DETAIL..as it simply is NOT an issue amoung REAL NUDISTS. I check out the most popular topics on here from time to time, to see if the "nature" of this site has changed..It hasnt:(

Oh and all of you exhibitionist, pro-boner, "I can walk around if I want with my hard-on", Its natural...BLAH..BLAH..BLAH.. YOU can feel free to type 52 more pages about how "natural"it is. ALL of us REAL nudists( if there are any left on here) should STOP ENCOURAGING THIS!!!!!!!

Sad to say, I will continue to post very infrequently on here.

Jenn

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  8:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn:

I have to agree with you on this subject. How can we go on for pages and pages.

In all the years that Mrs. Cookie and I have been involved in going to Nudist resorts/sites, we have seen maybe one or two situations, and the man was embarrassed by the situation.

Nobody made a big deal of it, and if I remember correctly one of the fellows ran and jumped into the lake to "cool off"!!!

Cookie

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.42 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved