Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 446 ]  [ Total: 446 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Romantic / Adult-Oriented Nudist Resort Directory
 Paya Bay Resort, Roatan, Honduras
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: single nudism Topic Next Topic: Any Info on HedoNorth???
Page: of 2

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  9:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the pleasures of C/O travel is the opportunity to meet some of the people from this forum. Miz ND and I have just returned from a week at Paya Bay Resort in Roatan, Honduras in the company of steady78 et ux. They are there for another week, the lucky dogs, and will no doubt have comments of their own to add.
We took a chance going to Roatan at this time of year - the rainy season. It did indeed rain quite a bit, but there were sunny intervals most days. The bugs, variously called sandflies, sand fleas, or no-see-ums were very active, but responded well to DEET.
Paya Bay is not like any C/O resort I have ever visited. For one thing, while they have certain areas on the property that are designated as ‘topless’ and ‘clothing optional’ all the time, they have specific weeks set aside for naturists. There are accommodations for 8 or 10 couples. Not luxurious, but adequate. The resort itself is 22 acres set on a rugged peninsula near the northeast end of Roatan, well away from the profusion of dive resorts on the West End. Its isolation is enhanced by several miles of rather terrible road. The grounds are not “groomed”, but are laid out with paths through the rain forest. There is a yoga pavilion built up on the high ground with a great view of the island and the ocean. Bliss Beach is a nice little (150-200 feet) beach that has the luxury of adequate shade if you need it. If you need a longer beach for your morning walk, there is Big Beach, lamentably textile, accessible from the resort.
There was no hint of any sort of swinger orientation at PB; they are more focused on wellness and relaxation. Nightlife is virtually nonexistent, other than an evening of Garifuna song and dance. (Interesting!) The resort staff were unfailingly charming. The food was generally fair to good ... but I haven’t learned to love conch or ox-tail soup. There is excellent snorkelling within a few minutes boat ride away, and daily trips are included at no extra charge.
Paya Bay strikes me as a rather noble endeavor ... and very much a work in progress. It’s hard to build and maintain an ocean-front property, especially on an isolated part of an isolated island, and PB is not without a few rough edges. But the plusses far outweighed the minuses, and their future plans look promising. We’d certainly go back, and if you’re looking for a small, quiet C/O resort (nervous first-timers would especially enjoy it), put Paya Bay on your list.

With some help from Admin, I'll try to post a photograph of Bliss Beach.

Click to enlarge

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  12:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Doc, not sure why, but this is the first time I've seen this post even though it was posted back in November.
We totally agree with your trip report. Paya Bay is a diamond in the rough.
For my wife this was her first journey into social nudity, and thanks to you and your wife as well as all the other guests and staff she's hooked.
We usually prefer small quiet places to holiday (not into the wild nightlife) so Paya Bay was perfect. I think if it had been completely booked up, we'd still have enjoyed it.
We enjoyed the daily yoga which was clothing optional and has a view that is fantastic.
We still have many places in the world we want to see but, Paya Bay is on the top of the list for return visits.
Now when we talk about future trips my wife also asks if there are any nude opportunities.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  1:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aha! Looks like we nudies have claimed another victim! I understand completely the sudden change in Ms. steady78's approach to future trips/vacations. Ms. ND had a similar epiphany. These days we almost resent having to go somewhere where we have to keep my clothes on all the time.

I'm going to send Admin a picture of Bliss Beach to post here. Maybe we can generate some more business for PB ... but I hope it doesn't get too popular.

Steve_n_Karen

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  10:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! this looks great DOC. How is the Booze situation?

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  11:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  09:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Your post dosen't mention beer, liquor, a bar, etc.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  5:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paya Bay has an onsite restaurant/bar. Tom can fix pretty much anything you want. You should be aware that at PB, "All-inclusive" does include meals, but not alcohol. Drink prices are typical for a resort. If you're a serious drinker, I'd recommend you stop at the grocery store in Coxen Hole or French Harbor on your way to Paya Bay and stock up. The rooms have small refrigerators, and ice is available at the restaurant. We brought a small cooler with us to take down to the beach. It came in very handy.

sunseeker55

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  11:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit sunseeker55's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Doc,... Totally agree with your trip report. Even though we only spent one day there when we were on a cruise we are planning on going back for a full week someday. Will be visiting Jamaica on a cruise in a couple weeks. Got a day planned at N-Resort. Suppose to be a new nudist resort (since last March I think) One of the reasons we love cruising is to check out future resorts to spend naked time.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  6:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering about N-Resort myself. We'll all be glad to read your report.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  1:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Admin for posting my picture of Ms. ND and myself on Bliss Beach! Scroll up to check it out.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  12:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recent news of the ghastly fire in the prison in Honduras reminded me of something I probably should have mentioned in my original post. I don't normally get all xenophobic and paranoid, but I would advise anyone visiting Paya Bay to fly directly to Roatan Island (airport code RTB) rather than risk getting stuck in Tegucigalpa or San Pedro Sula. Sad to say, mainland Honduras has a very high violent crime rate. Roatan has been largely spared this problem, although robbery of unwary tourists certainly happens.

Having said that, I would emphasize that Roatan is far safer than the mainland, and that we did not feel threatened at any time. Paya Bay is well away from the main tourist areas and is quite self-contained. We had a terrific time there, and would go back in a heartbeat.

nudiststory
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  12:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudiststory's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for more Central America seems like an ideal place for naturism in terms of the climate and the fact it is sort of 'wild' . lovely photo there!

http://naturistproperties.com/- Naturist property for sale and rent in Spain, France and more!

justsum

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  2:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This resort has my attention more than any other for this years vacation. If the snorkeling is as good as the C/O cove at breezes negril I am sold.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  10:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not having been to Breezes, I can't make a comparison. All I can tell you is that the snorkeling trips out of Paya Bay were excellent. Very nice reefs are 10-20 minutes away, and twice daily trips were included in the resort price.

david nichols
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2013 :  09:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wife and i visited PB on October 29th, when we docked in Mahogany Bay. we had made arrangements (reservation)previously and was told to meet driver at the gate. well ok we walked to gate and was grateful to see our driver who was looking for us also. his name was Jose and was very nice and informative.
he took us to his van and drove us to PB, but along the way he stopped at several overlooks and let us take pics and ohh and ahh at the beautiful scenery and WOW it was awesome. Jose was very knowledgable about the Island and showed us many sites along the way. it toojk about an hour to get to the resort but well worth it.
now it is rainy season there that time of year but we carried a small cooler that they fixed for us to the trials and we went exploring .
we loved the trails and the small sitting areas on the side of the jungle slopes. at the first stop on the trail we lost the clothes and had a beer from the cooler. there may have been no sun but the weather was warm. we hiked on out to the point and sit for a while before going to shell beach.
we decided we will be bak for a week maybe 2 weeks of pure relaxation gpoing nude as often as possible.
if you go during naturist weeks then you can walk from your room to any of the trails you want except the restaurant and big beach
this was the most wonderful day of our 8 day cruise and would recommend this resort to anyone who wants to be secluded and out of the loop.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 04/05/2014 :  8:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Week of Bliss at Eden on the Rocks

A mid-March week in 2014, an escape from a long cold Canadian winter, during the equinox and progression from full moon to waning gibbous. I travelled alone (the dreaded solo elderly male) and was made very welcome; I was not alone, in that there was another similar traveller on ‘my’ week.

This was a ‘mystical naturist’ week at Paya Bay (PB); however there wasn’t much ‘mystical’; two tours off property to learn about the native culture were cancelled due to not enough people wanting to go. The Garafuna culture night at the Black Iguana bar was too dark and too noisy for me - others loved it. I went for the remoteness from everywhere and an opportunity to do without the rest of the world (no TV, no radio, no news, no phone, no clothes most of the time by my choice) for a week, to get sunshine and swim and read. I certainly got all that!

The welcome and friendliness of all the staff, from the earliest email exchanges with Michelle, to staff in the restaurant and including the resident family dogs and iguanas, was outstanding. The overall acceptance of naturism at PB was outstanding, a welcome contrast to most of North America.

The food (nearly always the meal of the day for me) was more than adequate, I hardly needed to go to the table d'hote menu. There were times when it was evident we were in the Caribbean time zone and some meals took a long time to arrive - but always worth the wait. We north Americans are too clock-driven anyway . . .

My room - Cliffside #1 - I rate the best in the place for a single or a couple (this is not a resort place geared to or suitable for children). The view over the reef, the privacy of the (small) balcony and especially the continuous sound of the waves breaking on the shore was what I was looking for. So restful, even during the rain and wind on one day and night. (Since my name is Mark, and I was in room #1, I was listed on the board as #1Mark. Michelle sure knows how to boost a guy’s ego!)

Bliss Beach and the Black Iguana bar were the centre of inactivity. Recent storm damage (early 2014) to Buccaneer Landing, Lagoon Aqua and Secret Cove left structures damaged and beaches and pathways washed away and made the west side of the resort challenging. When they are fixed, this area will again be wonderful - even so, the scramble over the rocks was fascinating and challenging but not for the infirm or fragile. This meant about a third of the area was out of regular service. The secluded corners along the trails with a couple of chairs and a palapa are a wonderful idea and offer places even more away from all the rest of the ‘away from’.

A sunset cruise to nearby La Sirena bar and grill for a drink and dinner, returning under the stars and no moon that night, was a magical and peaceful way to end the week.

Walking the easily accessible areas was relaxing - but I stayed on the beach most of the time. Yoga led by Brooke in the wall-free, breezy Ananda pavilion was a fabulous experience, especially free of clothing. A Bliss Beach massage by Blanca is a world-class experience. The day-long boat trip to Pigeon Cay (24km/15 miles each way as the Google flies) was a great introduction to the islands, but a bit bumpy on my day there. Not a problem! It was our first day at PB and we were a little unsure of where everyone else stood, clothing wise, but it was cool on the boat, windy and very sunny – so everyone stayed clothed. Pigeon Cay was already ‘occupied’ by another boat and large family with definitely non-naturism-accepting ideas, so we suffered in our textiles . . . There were strong currents there that day, so snorkeling could have been hazardous. It was a restful day.

Snorkeling from Tom’s boat was said to be good – since I have vision issues I didn’t go; next time I will have underwater eye-wear. The scuba divers (off-site) had a pretty good experience - not that we could see them . . .

PB’s zoning system for naturism (zone 1: clothed; zone 2: topless OK; zone 3: why are you wearing clothes?) is a great idea, but is somewhat conservative now that most weeks are naturist weeks (32 in 2014; see http://www.payabay.com/resort-roatan/rates-reservations/paya-calendar/ I wouldn’t be surprised to see changes for more widespread naturist (officially: clothing optional) use of more of the property in the future.

The companionship of the fellow guests was excellent - we were almost a family by the end of the week. (Thanks, guys!)

What needs to change? Little things, like replacing non-functioning light bulbs, sink stoppers that leak more than hold water, showers that are sporadic but most importantly – fix the storm damaged paths and western beaches. The little things are things that don’t really matter; after all - we came to rest and re-create, didn’t we?

Would I go back? How soon can we leave?

Room Tip: If you really like the sound of the sea, see if you can reserve a cliffside room.

CalgaryMark
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

Edited by - calgarymark on 04/05/2014 9:03:51 PM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: single nudism Topic Next Topic: Any Info on HedoNorth???  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved