Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 236 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 San Francisco nude in at city hall
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Scams Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Oct 2012
Page: of 3

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  07:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, Rooftopwilly, Wiener is a winner. Hah!

I guess all the flower children have grown up to be textile complusive people. Quite a change!! Add to that, they have no sense of humor, to me anyway, and seem very uptight. Hmm, no one is talking about banning toplessness, only nude genitals. Hope yet!!

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  12:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well the article i read had some families supporting it at the city hall protest, i can't imagine the nudist that live in SF not taking advantage of it, heck at least enjoying your yard, going to the mailbox or strolling down the street. or maybe nudist haven't advanced as much as we think, if you were even a nudist in the 80's or 90's when you visited nudist camps/resorts people were reluctant to use their last names or discuss their jobs or where they lived. in the 21st century nudist have chilled a little but they still don't want their families , neighbors or co-workers to know. can you imagine going grocery shopping nude and as you turn down a aisle you come across your boss or your mother or the pastor and his wife.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  10:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Another factor is that it's too damn chilly to be nude in San Fran most of the time. Miami or Phoenix should adopt this law ;-).

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  11:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my thinking in this since your a nudist and live in SF why not take advantage of it, go to the mailbox, cut the grass run to the gas station or store and quit making nudism a secret society. i remember back in the 80's just getting involved in nudism and everyone using only their first names and talking about work or where you lived seemed taboo. weather permitting it seems nudist would take advantage of this or maybe there are no nudist in SF. i wish they would make it legal in miami or key west i'd pack my bag and head south.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  10:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think a lot of people feel there is a fine line between being a nudist and being a nudist and rubbing it in the general public's face, if you'll pardon the expression. I think most people are OK with people playing volleyball naked in a park or on a beach, or marching in a parade, but it's another to see some guy sitting naked on a street bench every time you're taking grandma out to get ice cream. I'm not saying I agree with the objections, but rather this is how most people see it, and most form their opinions about nudists in general from these encounters.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  3:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just wonder how widespread the knowledge is that nudity is legal in SF? Also the ones that do know may not want to be seen in the same light as the exhibitionists.
Let’s just hope that if these same opportunities arise in other cities that the local nudist can take advantage of their freedoms.

Diger

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2012 :  2:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudesunguy

I think a lot of people feel there is a fine line between being a nudist and being a nudist and rubbing it in the general public's face, if you'll pardon the expression. I think most people are OK with people playing volleyball naked in a park or on a beach, or marching in a parade, but it's another to see some guy sitting naked on a street bench every time you're taking grandma out to get ice cream. I'm not saying I agree with the objections, but rather this is how most people see it, and most form their opinions about nudists in general from these encounters.

I disagree completely. Why should the clothing compulsive be allowed to force their views on everyone else? What about them "rubbing it in the general public's face"? I think most people are OK with seeing clothed people on the street or playing volleyball clothed, but its another thing to see a clothed person sitting on a bench every time you're taking grandma out for ice cream. I disagree with the assertion that clothed people have a right to force their body shame on everyone else.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  10:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't exactly follow your logic, but the bottom line is that naked old guys sitting on street benches (without towels in some cases) is doing nothing to help bring nudists into mainstream acceptance, and might be hurting the cause. Just my opinion, based on what I've heard of people's reactions...it sort of vindicates their preconceived notion that nudists are just a bunch of perverted, male, exhibitionists. A nudist family having a picnic in an SF park would be a much more positive image, but I've yet to hear of that. I was encouraged that there was at least one woman at the hearing on the ordinance.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  9:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see both sides of this. On one hand, Bob is right. If there is no law against public nudity, then the people of San Francisco have every right to take advantage of that and be outdoors if they like, whether or not the other people like it. However, the people that don't like it, just see them as "those creepy old guys" and then they start to scream for legislation to ban nudity in public.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  10:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter and her family live in San Francisco and there has always been a pretty "liberal" stance on nudity in public there. IE: Bay too Breakers, Naked Bike Ride, Pride parades..as well as many other events where nudity is allowed. What were talking about here is public nudity on a day to day basis. It also depends where in the city you are talking about. You can't just walk around naked in the tourist areas or downtown in the Financial district for gods sake..never could. But out towards Golden Gate Park or Ocean beach you will come across a people au natural.

Again in the middle of the park sunbathing you aren't usually bothered. You walk into a gas station buck naked no matter where you are your gonna get the cops called. Just a little common sense would go along way.

The entire city of SF is NOT a nudist resort..nowhere is.

Jenn

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  10:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an update in which we get down to the nitty gritty:

Stripped down to his sunglasses and hiking boots, McCray Winpsett, 37, said he understands the disgust of residents who would prefer not to see the body modifications and sex enhancement devices sported by some of the Castro nudists. But he thinks Wiener's prohibition goes too far in undermining a tradition "that keeps San Francisco weird."

"A few lewd exhibitionists are really ruining it for the rest of us," he said. "It's my time to come out now to present myself in a light and show what true nudity is all about so people can separate the difference between what a nudist is and an exhibitionist is."

I have to agree. Guys walking around with "sex enhancement devices" are getting lumped in with nudists by the general public and doing all nudists a disservice.

------------
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NUDITY_BAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-18-15-45-34

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  10:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks it's nice to get the rest of the story.

Diger

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  3:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not all the naked people in SF were exhibitionist, seems there were a few others out there spreading a positive image.

Here is a link to a wonderful online magazine from Vita Nudes:

http://issuu.com/nudazine/docs/fall2012?mode=window&backgroundColor#222222

Check out page 49, it showes a group of young nudists spreading a positive image in SF.

I have to say these young people are getting it right.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 01/05/2013 3:31:25 PM

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  6:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for providing the update nudesunguy. The link didn't work but I do agree with the statement that "Guys walking around with "sex enhancement devices" are getting lumped in with nudists by the general public and doing all nudists a disservice".

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  10:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like they removed the link for some reason (maybe by mistake).

That's a cool online mag. Thanks for posting, Diger.

The more I was thinking about this entire San Fran nudity ban, the more I realized what it came down to: MONEY. Notice they specifically said (right up front) that nudity at the Gay Parade and Bay to Breakers would not be affected. Why? Because these events draw huge crowds (nudity is part of the draw) and thus bring money to the city, while a bunch of old guys naked in the Castro might actually HURT tourism. Very few phrases more accurate than" "Follow the money."

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Scams Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Oct 2012  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved