Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 469 ]  [ Total: 469 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Nudist resort or club special events announcements
 Nudist Expo 2013 in Las Vegas Announced!
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Act Naturally screening in Houston Topic Next Topic: Fundraiser  For Island Retreat  

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  7:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just confirmed that the Nudist Expo will be held again in Las Vegas on May 31 - June 1 this year! It was a blast last year with the 2 nude pool parties and naked indoor miniature golf!! Plus you get to meet fellow nudies and nudist business owners from all over. It's a great time...

If you missed it last year, you need to plan on going this year. We'll be there again at Booth 22, so come by and say hi...or we'll see you at the nude pool party.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  3:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So ... 'splain me something. I get the fact that Las Vegas is a world-class destination for meetings, expos, conventions, and the like. And I have no problem with an event held to promote nudist resorts and tourism. By why would the organizers stage this event in a city that, despite its hedonistic reputation, is astonishingly low on nudist/naturist/CO options? In fact, there are posts elsewhere on this forum that suggest that LV and Clark County are actively hostile to the idea of nudist resorts. So, why bring nudist dollars to a town that doesn't want nudists? There's plenty of meeting space in, say, the Palm Springs area, and a far more welcoming community.

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  2:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Doc,
First off, where else can you have it to draw world wide attendance.
Second, maybe if Vegas sees how much appeal there is in nudism, maybe they will change their opinions and laws toward nudism.
The old stor,y on this blog, get nudism out there for others to see that it isn't for perverted weirdos.
Maybe Atlantic City next. Then Miami, New Orleans, Los Angeles. Get them in a place where they can check out nudism, and what's availabe to them, without the intimidation of "get undressed or leave".
It's a start.

Jimmie

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  4:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My problem with the "Nudist Expo" last year was the ridiculously high pricing of attending all of the events. It was a few hundred a night for the hotel, which is fine, but over 100 bucks or so per couple to use the pool area EACH night..That is the pool area was actually off limits to hotel guests if you didn't pay the extra 100 bucks..again each night, for the "pool parties".

So to recap.. they were offering a "nude take over" in a hotel ..with an ADDITIONAL fee to use the pool area! And quite a steep one at that. This immediately prices out most nudists under 30. All three of our daughters and their husbands/bfs can't even come close to affording roughly 500 per day hotel/pool party/entrance to expo.....So you alienate the MOST important demographic to the future of nudism.

I was VERY disappointed in the high pricing last year and told the organizers of the even my concerns. They didn't seem to care. As long as the money was rolling in from the 50+ crowd and those who attended as a novelty, the organizers were lining their pockets which was more important than getting positive pr for nudism.

Although the motives of this event seem to be in the right place, the execution has something to be desired. Maybe this year will be an improvement.

Jenn

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  7:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Although the motives of this event seem to be in the right place, the execution has something to be desired. Maybe this year will be an improvement.

Jenn

Keep in mind that last year was the FIRST ever nudist convention in the US. I'm sure many things were learned in the first effort. I do know that the event, for the organizer, was barely break even. These things cost a fortune to produce...just for permits and insurance, most of us would never stick our necks out to try something so ambitious.

The organizer is a staunch supporter of the nudist lifestyle and feels it is important to have nudist events in mainstream locations to get the message out that we are real, honest, normal people involved in the naturist movement. There was a ton of positive publicity for nudists before, during and after the event that may have gone unnoticed if the event were not held in "sin city". Local, national and international press/news organizations covered the Expo last year...good for all of us in helping to gain acceptance. We were even interviewed on a nationally syndicated radio program!

There are other lodging choices negotiated by the organizer that were very reasonable (<$80 night) that were not nude. The nude hotel was certainly a novelty and great fun. The pool was only closed for all but pool party participants for about 4 hours each night...no fee to use the pool the other 20 hours of the day. We did get food, drinks and entertainment in the $65 price of the pool party.

We will be there again this year to support the program...we think it's a great thing for all of us.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  8:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea what the actual attendance numbers were? I assume some of the attendees were already committed nudies (i.e., preaching to the choir), and no doubt some others were idiots hoping to catch a glimpse of a Real Live Nudist on the hoof, so to speak. But I wonder how many were genuinely curious people, with a serious interest in visiting a nude beach or resort. It would be interesting down the road to see if the expo had a measurable effect on first-time bookings.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  12:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Any idea what the actual attendance numbers were? I assume some of the attendees were already committed nudies (i.e., preaching to the choir), and no doubt some others were idiots hoping to catch a glimpse of a Real Live Nudist on the hoof, so to speak. But I wonder how many were genuinely curious people, with a serious interest in visiting a nude beach or resort. It would be interesting down the road to see if the expo had a measurable effect on first-time bookings.

No idea of the actual attendance numbers. I'm sure the majority were in the choir. No idiots were noticed.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  7:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few points to address:
1. I too, know the organizer of last years event and have spoken with him many times. And to say that they "barely broke even" is pretty much a flat out lie. With a VERY minimal cost of the "food" provided for the pool parties at $65 per PERSON he still made a pretty decent profit. And with a bulk rate on the hotel takeover I'm sure there was a mark up there too. In fact why don't you all come to my house. I'll hire a dj, cook you some hamburgers and hot dogs, charge you a "discounted rate of $40 per head....and I assure you I will still make a huge profit for the day:)

2. When I spoke to the event organizer several months before the event to address the price concern in reference to "younger nudists" attending he didn't seem to care. To me it seems like a lot of "lip service" is paid to getting nudists under 30..hell under 40 for that matter, to frequent this stuff as well as attend nudist venues. BUT when it comes to PRACTICAL application.....ie: pricing these things so that demographic can afford to do them..not to many actually care.

The target nudist audience once again is the 50+ crowd, that's who has the money, that's who they focus on. The bulk of the nudist travel folk and resort owners couldn't care less about my 30 yr old daughter her husband, and their 2 small kids who can't afford the overblown prices of these events. But even if they could..let's be honest, these events aren't geared towards them anyway. A SHAME because THEY are the future of nudism.

Jenn

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  09:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What bothers me the most is its only 2 days? And also for something that complains that there are not enough younger people into nudism etc they seem to make it very hard for younger people to join in all this stuff. Nudist expo just sounds like a one time event to make money and nothing more I think its a waste..

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  9:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by renobiker

What bothers me the most is its only 2 days? And also for something that complains that there are not enough younger people into nudism etc they seem to make it very hard for younger people to join in all this stuff. Nudist expo just sounds like a one time event to make money and nothing more I think its a waste..

What renobiker said.

Bob Knows

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  7:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it would matter how long the Expo was, how cheap it was to attend ... those truly interested will attend, those that are not ... won't and never would anyway.

Not sure if we or I will be able to attend. That is closing in on finals week for the Prof and she's up to her ear lobes in papers to grade and finals to give and it's that weekend.

She's surprised me before ... but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully, we'll make it and we'll be able to meet our new friends there ... but if not ... still holding out for a visit to their B&B for a couple days.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  12:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Hopefully, we'll make it and we'll be able to meet our new friends there ... but if not ... still holding out for a visit to their B&B for a couple days.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome

Previous Topic: Act Naturally screening in Houston Topic Next Topic: Fundraiser  For Island Retreat  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved