Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 A breakthrough with the neighbors
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: natural disasters an nudity Topic Next Topic: naked home repair
Page: of 2

804fordman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  9:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The neighbors called and asked if they could come over. I told them I would be naked. They agreed and came over!! Soooo...relieved!! Stayed up almost all night having great conversation!! Holy smoke's you guys and gals give me so much great mentoring!!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  01:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you!

I'd like to hope that when our new neighbors come over for a drink and conversation, our nudism comes up and we talk about it.

So far, they seem to have accepted it but aren't saying anything about it. They are friendly towards us and we spent a few hours at a local winery getting to know one another about a month ago but haven't had the opportunity to have them over since then.

Glad it went well for you, 804fordman

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  02:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it 804fordman.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  8:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it went well for you. Are they interested in nudism too? You didn't mention if either of them joined you. At the very least, they are accepting of it even if they are not interested themselves.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
finding neighbors to be accepting of nudism is great better if they join in but just acceptance is great.

804fordman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunatly they didn't join me. But..I did learn that I could be comfortable being nude in front of others ( being a home nudist) so I see it as a step forward. They actually said they didn't mind at all.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  01:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fact that they "don't mind at all," is just as good as joining in, in my book! If our new neighbors say to us, "we are not bothered by your nudity in or on your property. You don't have to fear anything from us because of it ... that would be just as good if they said ... "we are also nudists and are glad you are too."

It's a matter of just being left alone to enjoy simple nudity without someone being a busy body and minding your business and not their own. That's the way it was with our previous neighbor. Hopefully it is with these as well ... we'll know soon, ... I hope!

And...who knows ... maybe they'll think about it more and surprise you, someday, and say ... we'd like to join you!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  3:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with FP's book. When I lived in my townhouse, I had a 6 ft fence, no neighbours to the right of the house and 1 neighbour (a single dad with 2 daughters) to the left. I was nude in the backyard, but only by the patio and not beyond the point where I would have been visible from the neighbour's bedroom. As a result I had to keep my daughter's kiddie pool and the slip'n'slide right by the siding of the house. Which was inconvenient.

Nudism never came up with my neighbour; but if it had a "don't mind at all" would have been awesome and more than enough. It would have meant I could have relocated the kiddie pool to the middle of the yard, and stretch out the slip'n'slide to the kiddie pool. Which meant I could have been nude throughout my backyard rather than in the corner.

As far a neighbour participation: meh. An open invitation would have been extended to come use our backyard - nude or not - but I wouldn't have necessarily sought out their naked participation. Considering the two daughters were about 12 and 15, I'd doubt they would have participated anyway.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  9:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just built a house with a fine view from the hot tub off the back deck. If we're having a nude soak during the day, I just lower a Cooleroo shade that at least partially obscures the view from the neighbors' house. Personally, we don't mind if anyone sees us, but we have no wish to offend our neighbors. They're good people ... for textiles. I don't anticipate a "breakthrough" with them any time soon, but you never know.

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  6:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our backyard is on a green belt and quite private. There are a couple of spots where nabours can see into our backyard and pool if they really want to. Luckily those nabours ( who have seen at least me naked ) don't seem interested in looking into our little oasis!
We do have trees planted that will soon solve those view problem, hopefully before these good nabours choose to sell their homes to someone that might not be so nudist tolerant.
Hopefully ND and the mrs can come and check it out some day and we can go and check out that new house too !

804fordman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  9:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a great breakthrough for me. Only time will tell..but no pressure. All of the neighbors have been informed that we are nudist (with subilty).(sp) And those with children will be kept in highest regard as they do deserve our respect. Can't wait till the weather get's warmer so we can get back out on the deck. Maybe even try a campground this year.

Ricki00
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  11:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 804fordman

It was a great breakthrough for me. Only time will tell..but no pressure. All of the neighbors have been informed that we are nudist (with subilty).(sp) And those with children will be kept in highest regard as they do deserve our respect. Can't wait till the weather get's warmer so we can get back out on the deck. Maybe even try a campground this year.

Well That's good to hear!

As for us we have a house next to us in which it was recently placed as a rental home so therefore we will see some people move in.It has been vacent for nearly a year.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  08:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seems most people don't have a problem with simple nudity on your own property.

I had what you could call a breakthrough this past summer when one of my neighbors saw me mowing in the backyard, naked of course. The next day he saw me out checking on our cows and stopped by. While we were talking he said he saw me mowing out back yesterday then smiled and said, I'll bet it was a lot cooler. I smiled back and said a lot cooler. lol

Diger

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  10:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This discussion reminds me about an evening about 4 years ago when I was out walking the perimeter of my land. At the area where my land is closest to a neighbor's home I could see him and his wife and children out with bow and arrows doing some target shooting. I paused and wondered if I should go back around to avoid the neighbor family or continue on my path. Since it was getting pretty dark already I decided that I probably would not be noticed because they were occupied with their own activities and my path was in shadow. I was wrong, they did notice. My neighbor waved and greeted me as I passed by naked. I waved back and continued on. He then called out and chased after me. I stopped to chat in a little darker place under the next trees. He wanted to talk about his lost dog, and never mentioned me being naked.

I make a regular practice of walking the boundary of my land within sight of my neighbor's homes, and occasionally meet one of them who is also out and about. Nobody has ever complained or even commented.

Bob

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  9:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is one of the joys of having property. I have a habit of walking the back pasture just after dusk and/or before dawn. It was fine when it was just me, the horses and the cats. But then we rescued a mutt. She was abandoned and starved to the point that we had to syringe feed her for a week before she could keep anything down. Now, she is completely healthy, including her yelp! She sounds just like Donald Sutherland in the final scene of Body Snatchers. Ouch!
She will let you know if she sees anything moving or not where it should be.
So, I am out visiting the horses and enjoying the morning/night air, when 'Sugar' spies a neighbor and lets out a shrill yelp; my cover is blown. No more clandestine walks to the back pasture.
Now, the neighbors know my preferred outfit and the only comments so far have been about my tan or lack of shoes. The conversations are always neighborly, even when I am nude and they are not.

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  10:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to bad we can't pick our neighbors !

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: natural disasters an nudity Topic Next Topic: naked home repair  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved