Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 159 ]  [ Total: 159 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 nudist kid
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Weddings Topic Next Topic: Three choices
Page: of 2

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  12:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
having enjoyed nudism as a adult do you think if your parents introduced you to organized nudism as a child like 8 on up would you have been comfortable being nude around others. there have been a few raised as nudist here but most of us didn't get started till we became adults.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  12:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh definitely. I wanted to be naked so badly when I was a kid. I would run around my house naked all the time back then when my mom was in the backyard. We would go to this state park every year for our family reunion, and there was (still is) a swimming pool there. There are showers in the locker rooms, that have no roof over top, so you're still outdoors, just behind closed walls. I would sometimes spend more time in there showering naked than I would in the pool.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  12:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when my mother found out years ago that i was raising my family as nudist she said that when we were kids they had friends that were nudist and had invited our family many times to nudist event which they always declined. so i have always had it in the back of my mind how i would feel as a kid 8+ yoa being introduced to the nudist lifestyle, i was really shy as a kid but think once i joined other kid running and playing i would get pass being nude . i wish i would have had the chance to find out.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  02:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We, my wife (GF at the time) and I, had this friend (female) that had a pool. She was always asking us to come over and go swimming. My GF/wife, was on vacation with her family and I went over to visit our friend. Her parents wer gone and it was just she and I and her sister at home.

It was summer, hot day and she said ... "wanna go swimming?" I said ... "don't have a suit." She said ... "just go in your underwear." I gave her a strange look and she said ... "oh, aren't wearing any? Then just skinny dip like my sister and I do all the time."

I would have done it but ... this friend had "alterior" motives and I wasn't taking the bait ... so I just went home. She sure teased me about that for sometime. She even cornered me at our 10 and 20 yr reunions and asked if I ever regretted not skinny dipping with her that day.

We were kinda secretive about being nudists at that time so ... I didn't tell her that we not only skinny dip all the time, but live naked all the time too. She knows now ... because we are FB friends and my profile is full of nudist stuff.

But I would have done it willingly and eagerly if it was presented to me. I only acted on my preference for nudity at 14 because I thought I was in a better position to get away with it and not upset my mother.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  10:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard to tell. My daughter grew up as a social nudist. The first 10 years of her life she was routinely nude around nudist friends, other nudist children, some family members and of course Mom and Dad. That didn't stop puberty from taking its toll and pulling her away from clothesfree interaction.

When I was 4 or 5, my parents "accidentally" ventured unto a nude beach in Germany. My Mom did not go nude; and when she asked me if I wanted to go nude, I declined. My Mom and I have actually had this conversation. Had she gone nude on the beach that day, I most certainly would have gone nude too. Does that mean I would have stayed a nudist kid throughout my childhood? That's hard to tell. At 8? It probably would have been actually harder for me to "convert" at that point.

Ricki00
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  7:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well for me growing up we had laid back attitude towards nudity, but didn't grow up in a nudist household. There was this thing with being nude at the right place, at the right time. In other words it was ok, walking nude from the bathroom to the bedroom as after taking a shower.
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

It's hard to tell. My daughter grew up as a social nudist. The first 10 years of her life she was routinely nude around nudist friends, other nudist children, some family members and of course Mom and Dad. That didn't stop puberty from taking its toll and pulling her away from clothesfree interaction.

When I was 4 or 5, my parents "accidentally" ventured unto a nude beach in Germany. My Mom did not go nude; and when she asked me if I wanted to go nude, I declined. My Mom and I have actually had this conversation. Had she gone nude on the beach that day, I most certainly would have gone nude too. Does that mean I would have stayed a nudist kid throughout my childhood? That's hard to tell. At 8? It probably would have been actually harder for me to "convert" at that point.

Well that isn't the case now with my oldest who's 13. She has felt some peer pressure for a while, in regards to nudism lifestyle. But that hasn't stopped her from being nude, as well a social nudity. We think that we attributed to this that the fact both of our kids are homeschooled, both of us being full time nudists all year long, visiting family oriented resorts at least 5 times a year. Not only that have nude gatherings from other nude families, that have kids that are the same age as ours.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  9:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Angie and I have talked about this before and we both wish we had been raised in a nudist home. It would have been wonderful to have had the openness of the lifestyle.

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  10:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both our daughters, now 35 and 39, have said that they wished they had never listened to their friends about it being wierd and wrong to be naked around your parents. The youngest is totally back to doing her best to live as a semi nudist. She'll spend time at home, alone, in the nude, wants to visit more and more places, join our club ... but doesn't live the way we do, all the time.

Our oldest ... more of a vacation nudist but sends conflicting messages to our grandson, her middle child, who is more of a "Papa's Clone" then a chip off the Ol' Block. Sometimes is no big deal, other times she rolls her eyes and makes sarcastic remarks. She needs to just leave it alone.

I only wish there was an internet when we were starting out. It would not only have helped us as a couple but as a family and who knows ... we may have been living in a nudist community today!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 06/21/2013 09:14:32 AM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  07:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricki00We think that we attributed to this that the fact both of our kids are homeschooled, both of us being full time nudists all year long, visiting family oriented resorts at least 5 times a year. Not only that have nude gatherings from other nude families, that have kids that are the same age as ours.

There is something to be said about consistency. For various reasons, my daughter's mother and I were not consistently nude. In the early years we were; we had a home-life that made just being nude easy and practical. Over the years our lifestyle and living arrangements changed, making home nudity a little less easy with every move.
Social nudism with our daughter took off when she was about 3, and remained fairly consistent for the next 5 years. But then lifestyle changes -and growing marital strife - caused social nudity to taper off as my daughter approached her teens. Even though she hung out with nudist kids fairly frequently, she was not able to create lasting nudist friendships (like some teen nudists BFFs at BA who had known each other for years and got their kicks running around the pool nude, laughing and pushing people in!)

I have spoken about consistency both online and in person with nudists or people who knew them. One recurring element I've heard time and time again is the Mom or both parents ALWAYS being nude at home. In many cases, a sty-at-home Mom who was always nude while growing up comes up. When thinking about it, it makes sense. If every day that a child comes home from school, Mom/Dad is nude in the house or backyard, it creates an expectation and a routine. Which can last through childhood, puberty and into adulthood. Sometimes effectively counteracting the effects of puberty and peer pressure.

Unfortunately, nudist child rearing does not come with an instruction manual.

Edited by - Nudony on 06/21/2013 07:53:00 AM

JCP
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  1:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit JCP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,

We are actually having a sunny afternoon and home Naturism isn't an assult on the imune system!

I have always wondered about the advantages of Naturism for children.

From my perspective I went through many years of abuse under the nose of the Church in a time when nudity just wasn't discussed. If my family had been Naturists I believe that may have been different. Without the taboo ther is a chance I may well have talked about my experiences in an open way even at an age where I didn't understand what abuse was.

Before my partner and I split up we had a very nude house. Neither of the children had any hangups and were happy with self image, how they saw us and how they interacted with others.

We would often go to the Princess Diana Memorial fountain and at the end of a splash around it never bothered them to strip off and get dried, other children doing the modesty dance behind a towel with risk to life and limb.

I think there would be less abuse if children were liberated from taboo and allowed to be natural beings.

Lamb chops under the grill and spuds to turn!

JCP

Erin948

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  4:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Erin948 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We introduced our son to it when he was really little. Seemed to enjoy it growing up but now that hes 14, he complains about it a lot and asks if he can wear clothes. It is awkward for him.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  12:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin my kids were the same way and so were their friends at the nudist camp , as soon as they became teens they were through with the exception of a few but it was their choice and it should never be forced. i always expected one or the other would take it up again as adults but not so far.

Erin948

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  08:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Erin948 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep i know what you mean. Lately hes been getting embarrassed about it and wanting to wear more after years of happily being a nudist but i think he will come round.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  4:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my daughter was little, up until around the age of 6, she ran around naked everywhere just like I did. Then once she was in 1st grade, she started doing it less and less. This past weekend when I was with her, I don't know how the conversation came up, but she said something about not being comfortable naked to the point that she doesn't even want her mother to see her without clothes on (she'll be 11 in a few weeks).

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  9:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

When my daughter was little, up until around the age of 6, she ran around naked everywhere just like I did. Then once she was in 1st grade, she started doing it less and less. This past weekend when I was with her, I don't know how the conversation came up, but she said something about not being comfortable naked to the point that she doesn't even want her mother to see her without clothes on (she'll be 11 in a few weeks).

In two weeks, my daughter, now 16, is coming to spend a little over two weeks with me. This will be the longest amount of time we've spent - just the two of us - in quite some time. The last time my daughter and I were nude around each other; she was 11.

Obviously, I'm not going to do anything to make my kid uncomfortable while she's here. But I'm curious as to see whether her attitude about nudism has changed since she backed out at puberty. Maybe we'll discuss it; maybe we won't. It would at least be nice to get her post-puberty feedback on how she now feels about her nudist childhood.

JCP
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  10:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit JCP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder how many other family values are abandoned because of puberty? By condoning a withdrawal aren't teenagers gaining control over their parents lives to some degree. Is it also possible that Naturist parents are reinforcing a teenagers ability to feel shame and discomfort at what is a natural change, honoured in many societies. In a textile family there is far less change but Naturists go from the life choice of nudity to allowing their children to go from one extreme to the other. Possibly not a good example at an impressionable age, something they may repeat in other areas.

JCP

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Nude Weddings Topic Next Topic: Three choices  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved