Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 437 ]  [ Total: 437 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Children
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Ex-Nudist Women Topic Next Topic: Erect Nipple?  

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you raise your children as nudists or have you hidden the fact your a nudist?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  12:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did to a point. When they reached 12 and 10 years of age ... they stopped. The foundation was set and it laid dormant for over 20+ years.

We did keep it from them, to a point. They saw us naked at home on occasion but we respected their wishes and would practice our nudism while they were in school or over at friends homes, with grandparents or family ... times like that.

We took our nudism public/social and after being caught in a little white lie, my wife decided it was time to set the record straight. She did, they were fine with it and a few years later ... they actually went with us on a week long nudist vacation to a nude beach resort in the Caribbean. They loved it and want to return.

They've frequented our nude beach, visited our club and even spent the day and night at our favorite local resort in Palm Springs. They aren't "nudists" but they skinny dip, use their hot tub nude and aren't shy about nudity, just don't live naked like we do. It's more a hobby or past time for them and not a way of life, like it is for us.

They've known and have been respectful and supportive for that last 7-8 years that they've known we are nudists and how we live and where we go. They've met our close nudist friends and like them very much.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  08:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just like FP - and probably a lot of other parents - we did to a point. That "point" being puberty.

It's always easier when you start or have already started when they're small. My daughter was still in the crib when I started going home-nudist - my ex joined me a year or so later. So essentially since age 1-2 my daughter saw both her parents nude on a regular basis; which made it a normal, natural part of her everyday life.
When she was 3; my ex and I had been to two resorts as a couple. We decided to go to a new one as a family. Because my daughter had been nude with the both of us so many times, she took to social nudism almost right away. After that we attended get-togethers, visited nudist resorts and nudist friends semi-consistently over the next few years. My daughter had been socially nude for as long as she could remember, so she never showed any reluctance or needed encouragement being nude every time we were on nudist outing; she actually encouraged other kids to be nude if they were at the resort reluctantly. She even stayed nude over at her Grandma's or when Grandma came over; and "converted" her cousin, who, with parental permission of course, also started staying nude when visiting my daughter.
When puberty hit, around 9, that gradually ushured the end of my daughter being comfortable socially nude.

These days, nudism is not even a topic of conversation with my now 16 year-old daughter. Obviously, she remembers her nudist childhood since it lasted until she was 9. But being a divorced Dad who only sees his daughter a few times a year - we quite simply have other things to talk about than nudism. And I don't have the enduring marital structure Fireprof has that would allow my daughter to eventually get "pulled back" into social nudity. Still, she has plenty of time and growing up to do. So who knows if one day that conversation - about her nudist childhood - doesn't come up one day and leads to a serious conversation about nudism? We'll see I guess....

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudony,

I'm assuming, from your post, that your daughter lives with her mother. Did your Ex leave "nudism" completely after the divorce? Is there any indication that the Ex may be feeding misinformation about the lifestyle, or just doesn't talk about it at all? Just curious ...

Even with my more than willing, self proclaimed "nudist wife," we've talked and she's stated that she would still sleep nude, be nude around the house but would probably not become the 5th wheel at nude functions with our current nudist friends. That part bothers me a great deal but she's said many times that she "enjoys living nude and doing all these nude things with me ... and to do it alone or without me would not be the same and uncomfortable." I understand it ... but would hope that she'd continue the friendship and lifestyle with our friends if I should die.

Kids ideas change ... that's a given. Hard telling if our girls would have stayed with nudism regardless of the peer pressure they had to endure from friends that knew about our nude lifestyle. Don't know if visiting clubs, often, would have kept them interested. I think not. Not all kids are the same, but they all seem to run very close in patterns in their lives and what they deal with.

We have two couples that have raised their children as infants as nudists and taken them on many, many nudist trips. One couple spent most of the family nudist trips in Europe, the other in the Caribbean ... both families, the kids stopped being naked around the same ages our girls did. Puberty certainly plays a huge role in that decision making for them.

I think what makes our nude life acceptable to our family "is" my wife's involvement. They've seen it, lived it and are exposed to it but ... it's because my wife lives it, that they are all onboard with what we do and how we live.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/05/2013 09:01:12 AM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  9:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Nudony,

I'm assuming, from your post, that your daughter lives with her mother. Did your Ex leave "nudism" completely after the divorce? Is there any indication that the Ex may be feeding misinformation about the lifestyle, or just doesn't talk about it at all? Just curious ...

My relationship to my ex is rather unusual. We somehow managed to stay friends after our divorce. As a matter of fact we texted each other last night about my brand new tattoo (lol!) Even my daughter brought up the unusual nature of our rapport while she was staying with me in July (she does live with her Mom).

I actually brought up nudism when I was staying with my ex last Christmas. She has chosen not to discuss social nudity; and my daughter has never brought it up either. I know for a fact that my ex has fond memories of some of our nudist outings; but she has definitely shelved social nudity for good. On the other hand, she is still an avid proponent of body acceptance. So she has not reversed her position on comfort with nudity; but she has chosen to leave social nudity out of it.

How our daughter processes the lessons from her childhood, and the current body acceptance feedback she is receiving from her mother; and how she decides to translate this for herself still remains to be seen. But of course there will always be a part of me that hopes she will one day bring it up and we can finally have a straight conversation about it!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  12:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your situation is, actually, quite encouraging. With an amicable relationship and it remain friendly or at least civil, there can be open, honest dialog and there can still be room for compromise with regards to raising your children.

Sounds as though she may not embrace social nudism, as she did, she still understands and realizes the importance of certain parts of the philosophy. That's a plus and hopefully those fond memories of some of the nudist outings you once shared, will resurface down the road to open up some dialog with your daughter, when the comfort level is there.

Thanks for sharing your situation with your daughter and ex.

Previous Topic: Ex-Nudist Women Topic Next Topic: Erect Nipple?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved