Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 466 ]  [ Total: 466 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Piercings and shaving
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BedandBreakfast in Missouri Topic Next Topic: Bodypainting
Page: of 2

steineri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  05:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Many times ... we nudists can be our own worst enemy. I'm always amazed at how many nudists preach acceptance, spout the cliché " nudists are the friendliest people," the live and let live mantra ... but yet will get their towels in a bunch over shaving pubic hair, pierced body parts, tattoos, drinking ... and anything else that "they" don't do, that they think is wrong.

What happened to judging a person by their character and demeanor and not by how much body hair they have and where, whether or not they have piercings and where and whether or not they drink, exercise or go to church ...

It all seems so hypocritical to be, at times, and it just seems that "nudists" sometimes bash other "nudists" for some pretty silly things.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Reminds me of when I was on the AANR website looking up resorts/clubs in KS, and one talked about being a club for families and "traditional couples (male/female)."

While that's of course their prerogative, as they can make their own rules, and probably want to weed out any offenders, it seemed a little odd to be so closed-minded, even for Kansas, as it's still a naturist campground.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  3:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is why nudist clubs and resorts will eventually close ... unless these staunch conservative nudists change their ways. The younger people are much more accepting of everyone, no matter race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, body art and jewelry... the list is endless. The old veteran nudists are killing this lifestyle with their narrow minded opinions of "the good ol' days." What I find funny is that body jewelry started with the younger crowd but now more older nudists are sporting the body adornments more than the younger kids.

I'm more traditionalist but I'm also accepting of change and there are far more people, nowadays, that have someone in their family from a different race, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation than ever before. We are more a country of mixed races, no matter what color your skin ... including white. Many of those that visit, are members or are residents of nude clubs and resorts have body art and piercings but they scoff at those that have piercings in areas they do not and figure their way of wearing or displaying body jewelry is the only way.

The younger nudists change trends frequently. Older nudists do not. Whether you shave or not has always been a personal choice but the older nudists that are against shaving of pubic hair seem to make it their business and their choice to speak rudely or disrespectfully of those that are making their own choices.

It's time the older nudists begin to see the changes that are coming and embrace the fact that even though their brand of nudism is changing, look on the positive that the lifestyle will continue. I'd much rather there was a nudist lifestyle my kids and grandkids could still participate in, instead of there being no place for them to go and continue the lifestyle, no matter what changes occurred from the "good ol' days."

steineri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  02:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

This is why nudist clubs and resorts will eventually close ... unless these staunch conservative nudists change their ways. The younger people are much more accepting of everyone, no matter race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, body art and jewelry... the list is endless. The old veteran nudists are killing this lifestyle with their narrow minded opinions of "the good ol' days." What I find funny is that body jewelry started with the younger crowd but now more older nudists are sporting the body adornments more than the younger kids.

I'm more traditionalist but I'm also accepting of change and there are far more people, nowadays, that have someone in their family from a different race, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation than ever before. We are more a country of mixed races, no matter what color your skin ... including white. Many of those that visit, are members or are residents of nude clubs and resorts have body art and piercings but they scoff at those that have piercings in areas they do not and figure their way of wearing or displaying body jewelry is the only way.

The younger nudists change trends frequently. Older nudists do not. Whether you shave or not has always been a personal choice but the older nudists that are against shaving of pubic hair seem to make it their business and their choice to speak rudely or disrespectfully of those that are making their own choices.

It's time the older nudists begin to see the changes that are coming and embrace the fact that even though their brand of nudism is changing, look on the positive that the lifestyle will continue. I'd much rather there was a nudist lifestyle my kids and grandkids could still participate in, instead of there being no place for them to go and continue the lifestyle, no matter what changes occurred from the "good ol' days."

Well said! We're all still sharing the same common interest, which is the most important part!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  08:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Agreed, tattoo's or piercings, don't mind it's a personal choice. We try to welcome all don't we?

No one used to shave / trim now the majority seem to, fads come and go. Piercings can come out, tattoo's are a bit harder but it's their choice.

We should be happy people are interested.

Cheers. SBN.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our attire is up to each person. We all have different taste on how we like our appearance. For me, I like being clean shaved and hope to be able to stay that way for a long time. I am OK with what people do or do not do as long as they are happy.
Would rather be nude then clothed!

FullSun
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  4:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As usual, FireProf you've said it well. It's not my business if someone wants a tattoo, jewelry, etc. There are time were I think something may look silly but that does not mean I think what they are wearing etc is wrong or even okay for me to talk behind their back about it. It's their choice just like it's my choice to go nude and I don't really think it's right for others to say I can't (but society does). What people are wearing, etc is not the issue, it is how people act.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  11:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FireProf, you 2 are not allowed to put your clothes on ..... ever.
Your logic & reason is necessary to calm those of us who sometimes go off on tangents.

Cheers, SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  3:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate all the kind words. I've gone off on tangents just like anyone else!

I told my wife what you said. Her response was ... "wish I could oblige but I'm certain my hairdresser would be uncomfortable with my nudity so I'll have to put on clothes in about an hour for my appointment!"

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  01:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hmmmm, party pooper. She might be surprised how others would appreciate her honesty and admire her tan.

It's not PC but I reckon our bodies look better with some tan and tan lines just don't look good to me any more.

SBN.

bubbabubba
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  12:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Multi pierced and manscaped or shaved guy here... What is the problem? I see 6 or 7 earrings.....I see no difference...

gwt

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  5:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Looking back over this post I'm a bit amazed by it. If the club rejected any one who shaved / trimmed too much in the clubs opinion, or shock horror had a body piercing or tattoo they would soon be out of business I suggest. I have three kids, two have small discreet tattoo's, the other has multiple ear piercings, I have a daughter in law with a nose piercing which is a cultural / religious thing (Hindu) what would the club do with my kids?

Change is a constant in life, the world has changed and continues to change, embrace / accept / understand it or be left behind, you don't have to like it but you won't stop it.

I'm getting off the soapbox, cheers, SBN.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  5:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BTW, in going back over the comments on this topic, Jenn you are nearly up there with the FireProf as a guru on such topics, good to see, and well said. SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  7:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn, "allnaturalwife", was great to have here as a member. She's not been back for some time and she is missed.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/14/2017 :  06:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jenn, hope all is OK. Cheers, SBN.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: BedandBreakfast in Missouri Topic Next Topic: Bodypainting  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved