Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 193 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Suggested Rules Of Behavior
 Nudism in Others' Homes
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Question about Massages Topic Next Topic: Nudist suggested rules of behavior:  too strict?  

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  4:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, I've looked all over the website for this information and, not seeing what I'm looking for, am starting a new thread to figure this one out.

What do we do when we're in others' homes? Especially if they're not nudists? OK, now I'm no Nudi-nazi, so I'm certainly not going to pop in, take my clothes off, and tell them that if they don't like it I'm leaving. BUT.... is it against nudist etiquette to sleep in the nude in their homes? Case in point: I'm going to my sisters house (maybe) for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Can I sleep nude at her house if I have my own room? (I'm not sure what the sleeping arrangements will be... I may go with safety and just sleep at a hotel.)

And what about at the homes of others who are nudists... can you just disrobe or is it good etiquette to ask first. I'm smart enough to realize that if you're going to a nude party at their home you can pretty well just go somewhere to disrobe. But what if you're just getting together?

So many questions... can you tell I'm still a fairly new nudist? LOL

Melissa

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  12:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa I have stayed at other's homes and slept in the nude. They were not nudists so I did not offend them by walking around the house nude. But once in the privacy of the guest room, I was always nude, whether relaxing or sleeping.

irishred

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  2:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, IMHO, I do ask if I can get comfortable when in another nudist's home. Should I visit others' homes who are not nudists, I definitely remain clothed. I want to enjoy people's company and not offend. It may be my lifestyle 24/7 when possible, but I don't like to be "in your face" when with others. When you visit me and it's only me or Allen & me, you are welcome to disrobe when you arrive. :)

When I sleep over at non-nudists' homes, I sleep w/o clothes. However, I do keep a robe near by and if I have to get up during the night, I wear the robe.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

happycouple
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  5:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will be watching this post very closely, My wife and I are planning a house party for us and 4 to 8 other newbies, Any input would help.
happycouple

fox100d
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  10:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Melissa,
I say--just DO it, and be comfortable! Or, if you need more guidance, ask Mike or Janet--TSSC. Your Swim Club meetings! I think they could give you the best up to the minute advice! (Yes, I think I mentioned this earlier, I a former TSSC member, who respect Mike & Janet)
I mean, in your own sisters house? WHY NOT! And especially, if you have you OWN room! So whose to know??
Otherwise, about a year or so ago, I traveled (a business trip) with a 'textile' friend and business partner of mine across several states, rfequiring several overnite stays on the road. While he slept in his underware (EVEN KEPT his HEAVY HOT SOCKS on), I, as I always do, slept in me 'birthday' suit! And walked nude to the shower in the am! There was no problem. (Now I DON'T, WON'T prance around his home nude this Thanksgiving, invited up for Thanksgiving dinner with his other half, friends, etc.) (Had my NUDE dinner at a local ID resort yesterday--the turkey, ham, potatoes, etc, was all DELICIOUS, and the camaraderie of all the guests just OUTSTANDING!)
And re visiting 'nudest' friends--just follow the lead, put your towel down on some chair, and join the party.
Melissa, I'm new to ths forum myself, but from the comments you've asked and replys received, you'll do fine! Best wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving!

fox100d
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  10:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, Melissa, I gotta learn to keep my responces short and to the point. I agree with RED & CHERI. They say it all! (I'll learn eventually!)

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  06:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, it seems we agree that when in a non-nudists home you can be nude if you're in private/ sleeping. And when visiting nudists ask if you can be nude (except at Cheri's house, where I can get comfortable as long as it's just family there.) But what about if there are kids around? I have a 4 year old nephew who may or may not understand doors. Last year at Christmas he came to see me first thing in the morning- while I was still in bed- to tell me Santa had come.

Melissa

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  07:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

Absolutely sleep nude if you're in a private room. As for your nephew walking in... Cover up with the sheets and explain to him that he should knock before entering another persons room. He'll probably be more embarrassed than you and it may even teach him the importance of observing others privacy. You could also explain to your sister that you want your privacy (you don't have to explain why) and mention that your nephew has a tendency to enter without knocking.

If he does enter and see you nude, make him feel comfortable with your nudity... Afterall, it is no big deal!

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  2:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have a 4 year old nephew who may or may not understand doors. Last year at Christmas he came to see me first thing in the morning- while I was still in bed- to tell me Santa had come.

In my book, a private room is a private room. I presume you wouldn't remain clothed in the bathroom or the shower. Likewise, you would change clothes in and out of clothes in your bedroom.

I've slept nude since I was a child, pretty well regardless of where I am. I might not strip down for a nap on a park bench, but even at summer camp or on church retreats I slept in the nude...long before I considered myself to officially be a 'nudist'. Its never been an issue.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  4:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

You're gettin alot of good advice here and it all sounds about the same. If at a nudists home, just ask if you can get comfortable or wait and follow suit, birthday suit, when the host get comfortable. As for a non-nudist home, we've stayed with non-nudists many times and still sleep nude.

As nudists you become more creative about sleeping nude when around those who do not or are not nudists. But if you are fortunate enough to have your own room, I'd say go ahead and sleep nude. As for those youngin's that pop into your room unannounced, either lock the door or place something in front of it to give you enough time to slip on a robe.

First time we had friends over just for dessert and spa after dinner, it was a little strange having someone else running around your home nude. That quickly pasted and we look forward to having all our nudist friends over for a get together one day.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  11:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only house I visit or used to visit was the Mother in law when her son didnt live there now he does , but I had confronted her about idea of me sunning nude in her backyard, to which she said its not private enough otherwise its ok and some or most of her neighbors have been known as peeping toms as she herself has caught one of them looking through her kitchen window from their own window hoping to see her in states of undress. But she said as far as inside I can wear almost anything I like in her home as long as it hides my genital area from her.

Previous Topic: Question about Massages Topic Next Topic: Nudist suggested rules of behavior:  too strict?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved