Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 478 ]  [ Total: 479 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 "Who knows?"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS
Page: of 20

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  09:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about this last night. With the new job I can tell whom ever I want, no more concerns about "decorum" in the workplace! That said, I'll probably keep to a "need to know" standard.

Tim

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2014 :  10:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been coming out to people about my nudism a lot more lately. Not just in social media but in person as well. On Facebook, for example, I take every opportunity to mention it, without going overboard that is. My cousin posted a picture of that "no bra day" and I replied "no bra day? Every day is no clothes day". When she posted back "TMI", I posted a picture that said "Just Get Naked". There is another girl I'm friends with on FB from high school that I've let know, and yet another one just last night. I saw this picture promoting nudism (the girl was nude but covered up) and it looks just like my friend. So I sent it to her and she couldn't believe how much the girl looked like her. She even made a comment "and that's how I look naked too", so I used that as my opportunity to tell her. I said "so, you're telling me you're a nudist?" to which she laughed. So I told her I was one, and that's why I had seen the picture. She's very cool about it. I've already recently joined the world of Pinterest, and posted numerous photos of myself and nudism promotions, and I'm following a bunch of people that I know on Facebook. So if they ever look at my profile, they will see them.

As for real life, I was at work last week talking to a coworker. I forget how we got onto the subject, but I told her about my stories of being naked in a Waffle House in Florida, as well as some of my other naked stories.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I/we've given up on thinking that we need to tell everyone that we are nudists. It became to stressful and time consuming trying to find the right time, the right entry into a conversation and, like Willy, we got "close friends" saying ... TMI,TMI.

A couple months ago, we visited with our close friends and we were all talking about some non nudist related things in our lives and I can't remember exactly what we were discussing but one of the ladies said ... "TMI, TMI..." I couldn't help but think ..."we are very close friends. Why is it wrong to share or disclose "information" about one another?"

With our nudist friends ... there's really no such thing as "too much information." One of the things we really love about our nudist friends is that they share their lives with us, openly, honestly and without much hesitation. Absolutely, there are subjects one keeps to oneself or couples keep to themselves but simple sharing information about how you live or what you do ... is that disclosing too much information?

I too am on FB and my friends from HS see things from my newsfeed. There are lots of references to nudism, nudist places, I usually click the "Like" button on most of the nudist newsfeeds and my friends see that. One HS female friend replied ... "Oh My!" to some nudist on my page and she's still a friend so ... that I guess sharing that wasn't too much information. hahaha

Our textile friends use the "TMI" thing when they are embarrassed about the subject. They know that annoys me because at 60+ years of age ... I would think that you've gotten beyond being embarrassed by some things and hopefully have stopped reacting like a school kid to something so innocent.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 05/06/2014 09:00:40 AM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  10:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know what your saying Fire... you just want to tell them to Grow Up!!

Diger

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  3:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some friends know. Some people I worked with on a Job Know, only because I met them at the SAME nudist resort I go to! That was Amusing! That just goes to show that most people try to keep it a secret. I have been to Cayo Largo Cuba twice, and this is Common Knowledge to people, and a Quick Google tells of the CO Beach. So I am sure a lot of people know about my Nude Lifestyle.

nudeman16
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  03:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well you all know

Shaun Manuel Sigala

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let another "friend" in on it yesterday. I met this girl online out in California on a message board, and we became friends, even on Facebook. So she posted a picture of her car on there, and it's a convertible. I mentioned that she should put the top down and cruise naked, then told her how I did that from Phoenix to San Diego one time. Then we were messaging back and forth and I told her about my lifestyle.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  07:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wonder what gooberment agencies know. Hmmm.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

Wonder what gooberment agencies know. Hmmm.

Back when I worked for a government contractor and had a security clearance, I listed my membership in the AANR club on my security questionnaire. The government security people mostly only care about what you are hiding. AANR membership didn't bother them.

Bob

Naked is green.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  12:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin brings up a good point. The recent PBS Frontline "United States of Secrets" made it pretty clear that privacy, especially of the online variety, is gone. What's perhaps worse than the NSA harvesting so much information is the fact that they're largely piggy-backing on the commercial data miners. Every Amazon purchase and every Google search you've ever done - for C/O resorts, for instance - exists on multiple marketing databases that you've never heard of. It's ironic that far more anonymous data miners "know" I'm a nudist than the relatively small number of friends and family.

david nichols
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  4:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do wish all my acquaintances knew, but... we cannot be open without ridicule
we are the scum of the earth, I hear my family say the nudist are sex crazed, all about sex, sex orgies and the like,
Why can't people just accept us as we are? We just enjoy being naked, without clothing, not a bunch of sex crazed maniacs!
I am not saying we don't like to look at the opposite sex, we enjoy seeing them but we control ourselves in a mature manner
I guarantee the textiles have more carnal thoughts then we the nudist community do!
I'm Sorry I am preaching to the choir because all of you are nudist lol

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2014 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where we live, we have few neighbors and the ones we do have can not be seen from our place. The ones closest to us know that I am could be outside in the nude working around our place or just relaxing. We have talked about me being out side and they have no issue with it. I have a couple more friends that also know that I am more then likely to be nude, so they call before coming over. However the wife has some of her friends that she has told that I like being nude. They were appalled that I would even think about being nude, much less actually being nude. They have told her that there is 'no way' that they would ever come to our house to visit. When I was confronted by wife about this, I made the mistake of saying that it was 'their problem' not mine. As has already been stated 'some people just do not understand the joy of being nude'! Oh well!

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2014 :  8:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are not ashamed of our nudism, but we are not militant about it either. That is, we are not in your face about nudism telling people about it whether or not they are interested, but if you ask we will explain what the draw to nudism is for us and why we enjoy it so much.

Well it finally happened. We were outed as nudists.

My daughter-in-law is going through a very nasty divorce and in an effort to alienate her, her soon to be ex is attacking family hoping we will turn away from her leaving her with nobody so she will go running back to him. A real psychopath. Somehow he found our Twitter account, AZNudistCouple, and our profile picture shows us from the bare shoulders up on Christmas day 2013. He snapshotted that and sent it to all our family members telling them we are nudists! Funny thing, when that picture was taken, we were fully clothed because we had non nudist guests visiting and they took the picture. Needless to say, telephone calls were placed to all family members to explain and confirm that we are nudists. Not one family member objected to our choice to be nudists, but several said it was not for them. Some were concerned we were having orgies and swapping partners, but we quickly dispelled those myths.

Since that has not resulted in the soon to be ex's desired outcome, he is not threatening to post his "evidence" on the social media sites of the companies we work for in hopes to get us fired or embarrass us so much that we quit our jobs. Neither of us will quit our jobs over being nudists, we'll simply explain to those who inquire what draws us to nudism and explain what nudism is all about (maybe we'll get some converts----make lemonade from these lemons).

--
Feel the sun warm your skin when there's nothing between you and the sun.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2014 :  9:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused here Mark.....wouldn't your daughter-in-law be the wife of your son?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  7:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

I'm a little confused here Mark.....wouldn't your daughter-in-law be the wife of your son?

Yes, Willy, I see your point.

I believe Mark is referring to his daughter, not his daughter-in-law.

After all this outing, Mark is now at a mental and emotional equilibrium about being a nudist. No more secrets need be kept from your family, and he can go about his enjoyment of nudism I think the malicious intent was an unitentional blessing.

I wish I had his luck.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved