Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: discodaddy13 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 White Tail Park, Ivor VA
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gulf Coast Resort, Hudson Fl Topic Next Topic: Sunny Sands, Florida
Page: of 3

simplelife
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  11:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I just got back from two days at White Tail (our first time there) and had a fabulous time. Nice people - mostly couples and a few singles age 45-65 (a few younger), lots of seniors and a few families. A very friendly and helpful staff. The facilities are great - HUGE outdoor pool with plenty of chairs and umbrellas as well as a large indoor pool and a hot tub; a huge social hall with library and workout room. Plenty of restroom and shower facilities. Everything was sparkling clean and well-maintained. We stayed in one of the "room units" which have a private bath, refrigerator, and microwave - Comfortable and more than adequate for our needs.(There are also cabins and lots of RV's - many people have permanent or long-term spaces there). If you go, be sure to schedule a massage with Jonathan who I undertand is there most weekends.
As far as food, there is a small store always open for sodas, ice and a few frozen foods; poolside snack bar is open on weekends and I understand they will open a restaurant soon - during the week you will have to bring in provisions - They are out in the country, but there are grocery stores a reasonable drive away.
If you're visiting the Williamsburg Historic Area or are anywhere in the VA Beach/ Norfolk or Petersburg/Richmond area this a great place ot stay. We plan to stop again next time we are up that way. Beats a traditional hotel any time!

madison76

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  6:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new member here, but I have been reading the boards for a little while. I am seriously contemplating going to White Tail soon; it will be my first real visit to a nudist park and I have some questions. I am a just little nervous, but this is something I have been thinking about it for a while for my wife and me.

When would be a good time to visit to perhaps get a tour and then take the “plunge?” midweek? weekend?

I see that they have great pool facilities, but what are some other things to do, for instance do they have a walking/running trail or what might are some other good activities to do?

It seems they have some permanent (or long-term) residents – would new guests stick out?

What are the demographics like? racial, age, etc...

I have read it is a friendly place and I guess I am just looking for a little reassurance that it is.

Thank you for your time to answer my questions. The park and nudism in general seem like a great expression of freedom and I figure you only live once, so why not. I am just looking for good information.

Thank you!

Edited by - madison76 on 08/09/2008 6:55:14 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  09:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The members are nice, the facilities are well-maintained. This is a nude park not clothing-optional. Once you check in, you're expected to be clothes-free except if you're sunburned, etc.

During the week is generally less busy. There is no way anyone would know if you're a long-time nudist or not unless you told them. Just bring a couple of towels per person per day, and remember to sit on your own towel and bring sunblock and reapply it often. Their website lists many things to do there.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

madison76

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  8:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cheri for the reply.

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  9:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cheri,

Madison, I've been a member at WTR for many many years, and while I may be prejudiced about White Tail, I think it is one of the finest resorts I've ever been to, and I've been to quite a few. It may be helpful to you to go to their web site and review the rules and standards of behavior. As Cheri pointed out, we are NOT clothing optional. Nudity, when away from your camp site or motel/cabin is expected, weather and health permitting. The members are uniformly very friendly and welcoming to new visitors. The weekends are busiest, of course, and there is always something going on Friday and Saturday nights, movies, karaoke, dances, etc. The web site would also have the schedule of events. New visitors are always welcome. Looking forward to your visit.

Walt Iliff

madison76

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Walt for the reply. It seems like everything I have read or heard is true.

We hope to make a trip up there soon and enjoy the sun, breeze, water, etc.

BTW, do they have any walking trails there, to either run or take a stroll - or is everything centered around the compound?

Thank you.

mamadothall
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  3:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Madison- Our new modern restaurant(The Tradwinds Restaurant) here at White Tail Resort had it's Grand Opening on October 24, 2008 !!At present time it is only in operation part time.
Hope you will come visit us here at White Tail Resort soon!

Dot Hall

coptmac
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been told that WTR is not friendly to solo males. My wife doesn't travel with me on business, so though I am not single, I am SOLO. I am AANR, a member of Cheri's Travelites and have visited many other AANR parks. I visit my son who is stationed in Virginia Beach in the Navy and would very much like to visit WTR sometime!

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  8:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there in May and I believe my situation is similar to yours. I was told that "I do not fit their profile", and was summarily rejected.

I went to Whispering Pines instead - no questions asked!!!

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  11:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's peculiar as many single men have visited White Tail. Considering the owner is a single male.... maybe it was someone who just answered the phone and wasn't aware of their policies.
Teva

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  09:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there may be some confusion about the difference between "single" males and or "single" females, as opposed to married individuals, either male or female wanting to visit without his or her spouse. While WTR welcomes single individuals, ie not married, it does not upon advise of counsel allow married individuals to visit without his or her spouse. I believe that there is an exception for AANR or TNS members who are traveling on business away from their home club. Someone in this category should contact the WTR office in advance and make necessary arrangements. As a single male and a member for years, I know that there are many single males and females for whom WTR is their "home away from home." If you're married and traveling alone away from your home club and are an AANR or a TNS member, call first. Simple as that.

Walt Iliff

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  10:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a very nice resort. Makes me wish I was traveling in Virginia :)

madison76

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  7:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Well, it’s been a while since I last posted; I guess life and travel just got the better of me.

My wife and I (we are a 30-something couple) did go to WTR and had a great time. The people were very friendly, but we had gone during the middle of the week, so the population was a bit thin. It was little smaller than I thought, but nonetheless it was just a beautiful time of the year and we were very happy. We stayed 2 nights and would have remained longer, but work just would not allow it.

The one problem I had (which was sort-of cited a previous post), and it just seem to be worse on the second day, were the numerous single males who just seemed to me subtly very creepy. There were more of them and their behavior was just odd (leering?), and too reminiscent of the “dirty ole’ uncle,” routine if you will. This was our first visit to a nudist resort and we had no problems being nude, staying nude, conversing with others, but the single males and their strange behavior bothered me quite a bit as time went on. We did move to the other side of the pool at one point until the sun went down.

We did not stay a third day, but would have except due to work. I did not say anything to the Front Desk, but perhaps should of. Strangely, just a few weeks later after our stay I noticed a comment in their newsletter concerning other folks addressing some “unsavory” guests. Maybe these were the same guys I saw. I am not advocating everyone be “married” up with some one else, but “attached” folks just seemed to make it a better environment.

Anyways, we had a great time playing volleyball and talking to other guests, but the atmosphere just felt a little better talking to couples or other families. The stray older males just seemed spoil the experience a little. I am not “hating on” older single men, as I understand some travel for work or have a partner who is not interested. I guess I would just recommend better behavior, don’t stare, and don’t wear big sunglasses to hide the leering; it doesn’t work. I hope I don’t start some flame war, but this just had been bugging me.

We plan on going back, perhaps over a weekend where there are more people. It was very calming and relaxing. Maybe the relatively lack of guests just emphasized their seemingly weird actions.

Lastly, I have been recently checking out Cypress Cove’s website. Does anyone have any information/reviews of the resort, or another nice one in the top-half of Florida? We would like to visit a nudist resort in the April/May timeframe, so I think we’ll have to go to FL for a warmer and more comfortable stay.

Thanks for reading my “rant.” Have a good one.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My choice for the "top half" of FL is Riviera Naturist Resort in Pace, FL - not too far from Pensacola. I've been there numerous times. Pat Dennis is the manager and very nice. She likes to keep the grounds clean. It may be a tad on the small side, but lovely pool, community kitchen, petanque, club house with pool table and rec. Fire circle. Dance pavilion.

madison76

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  4:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the recommendation. I used to live out on the panhandle, but had not visited the place. Just another reason to venture back.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Gulf Coast Resort, Hudson Fl Topic Next Topic: Sunny Sands, Florida  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved