Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 290 ]  [ Total: 290 ]  [ Newest Member: RogueLizzy ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 When IMing me......
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudist Trends? Topic Next Topic: The Passion of the Christ
Page: of 3

Conster74
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  8:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Conster74's Homepage  Send Conster74 an AOL message  Click to see Conster74's MSN Messenger address  Send Conster74 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
please just ask how I am, please don't say "Hi fellow nudist!!!!!!" Some of us have AIM or Yahoo! on at work -- and someone nosy who we don't want to know, might intercept text messages not meant for them. FYI Its nobody else's ape sh***in business what I do with my time off!

Thanks.

When you're a nudist, life's a beach! :-)

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  9:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Conster,

Have you had a problem with people sending you messages at work?

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  03:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Makes note to self "Don't send any messages to Conster74".

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  08:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conster, I will keep that in mind.

irishred

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  09:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
connie,

thanks for heads up. a lot of folks dont realize that you can have the same system at home and at work. but i do, so i can relate.

it is nobodys &^%#**@ business.

toosunni
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  09:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Send toosunni an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up too, I didnt realize until a few years ago how many people go on the net at work for personal business.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  10:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know a lot of people do it, and it is not a good idea. With all the snoop ware that employers have now, the can break into your MSN and Yahoo mail accounts. So many companies have had down time due to e-mail viuses, that that are monitoring employees e-mail activities.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  10:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep my work email separate from my home email. Employers can and do monitor use of internet and emails. Big Brother is always watching.

irishred

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  12:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I use YIM for keeping in touch with my employees. They keep it up weather they are at work or at home working. We do monitor IM and Mail and web access, but then again my gang is the one who monitors and they all know of me being a nudist so I dont mind But I can understand. What I do is use YIM @ work and home, and just MSN @ home

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  2:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the same "stuff" on icq.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  04:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just recently installed Yahoo! instant messenger. I turn it on maybe once a week at the most. It's fun to activate the web camera and enable 'voice'....I'm a 'tech' newbie so I spend half the time marvelling at 'How in the world......?'

Signed,
B.Gates not wannabe

Nude in the pacific northwest

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  07:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At work, the group I work in is distributed around the US. We started using a tool called Simp (http://www.secway.fr/home/homes.php) that actually encrypts instant messenger traffic... Most of the work topics then are encrypted. Personal (I have a whole different setup at home), I don't use it because not enough other people do.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  08:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bikeracer I wouldn't want to be Bill Gates, but I would like to have a little of his money.

Kim =^.^=

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  11:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Make sure that you have logging turned off. If logging is turned on in your settings, anyone can read word for word your past messages!

Instead of using one IM program, you can also use different IM programs. Some alternative messengers like GAIM, Trillian, Odigo and a few others allow you to use MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and AOL at one time. Some allow only one account for each IM format to be open at one time. Others allow you to keep open as many accounts of one kind as you want. I use Linux and have a variety of IM programs to use. My current favourite is Kopete.

I have 3 AOL accounts, 3 MSN accounts, 2 Yahoo accounts and 1 ICQ account open at once. I use different accounts for different purposes. I usually have one for business, one for personal and one for specific purposes (naturisn, Christian, photography etc.). When I logon and I am told that I have messages or are paged from a particular account, I know what the messages are about.

This may seem extreme for someone who likes to keep it simple, but it works for me.

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Linux: Stable, secure, free!
100% Microsoft-free Computing

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  9:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Doesnt sound extreme to me Nudebynature. But I do have about 15-20 different email addresses on 7 different servers (Most are hosted on the two domains I own).

I do the same thing. I have three different work accounts, a naturist account or two, business account or 4, spam accounts (For RECIEVING spam, not sending!), bank accounts, friend account, international account, etc. That doesnt include any of my shell accounts I have that have mail accounts assosciated with them.

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  11:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of the system administrators will not allow you to have an IM account on the server. Evidently the IM accounts can go through the fire wall, my be a potential for virus threats.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nudist Trends? Topic Next Topic: The Passion of the Christ  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved