Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 517 ]  [ Total: 517 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Family-Oriented Versus Adult-Oriented
 Nudism is usually non-sexual, however...
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where are the pure nudist resorts? Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  6:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nudism is usually non-sexual, however some nudist resorts have varied somewhat in their standards of behavior, leading to some confusion in the nudist community. On the one hand, family-style nudist resorts cater to nudists with children, and they guarantee NO sexual behavior will be tolerated on premises, as per AANR and TNS guidelines. Also, some resorts cater to the quiet or retired nudist who desires a kids-free vacation for relaxation or meditation. In contrast, at the other end of the spectrum are resorts geared for adult entertainment, with a more relaxed code of conduct. Some of the Caribbean destinations have rules of conduct decidedly outside that of AANR. This third type of destination is obviously NOT for children under 21. The problem is, which type of category any given resort falls into is not always plain from their advertising. Some are a little of both, with the daytime family atmosphere changing drastically in the evening to revealing costumes and suggestive dancing. One of the goals of the Society for Understanding Nudism is to clear up this confusion. To participate in this discussion, first Register if you haven't done so already (it's free), Log In, then hit Reply to Topic.

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  4:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that I've been to my first resort I've been researching others to visit. I would really like to be in "rated G - PG" resorts. While I was at - - I spoke with a few people who descibed different resorts they had visited, and now I am totally confused... Is there a rating system that they use or are they sanctioned by anyone?
Susan

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  4:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Susan, Regarding what is g-rated and what is otherwise, there is no rating system.

You just have to go by word of mouth.

Best regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  9:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've seen so many that are approved by AANR, what exactly is AANR all about?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  10:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AANR is one of three national organizations. It's purported to be the oldest as well as the largest. AANR = American Association for Nudist Recretion. TNS, 2nd largest, The Naturist Society and the smallest is National Nudist Council of the Americas (the oldest).

The webpages:
http://www.aanr.com
http://www.naturist.com

I'm a member of all three. TNS is $45 a year; AANR is $35 for a single & 62.50 for a couple(plus club dues). You can join either direct on the website. There are clubs such as mine (Travelites, Inc) that offers a lower price than the web price for AANR. It costs the same to join TNS through a club as it does directly.

TNS & AANR help fight against laws that would change the way we know and practice nudism. They help support those of us in those battles.
Both offer scholarships to our youth. Both offer discounts on daily grounds fees at landed clubs.

TNS has a couple of arms: NEF=Nudist Education Foundation (education is its purpose) and NAC (Naturist Action Committee) NAC is the portion that is manned by volunteers and helps do the fighting.
TNS is a private corporation.

AANR is a republican type of representation wherein you have an opportunity to speak your voice during the regional assemblies (there are 7 regions) or the general assembly (national convention)

TNS has a quarterly, coffee table quality magazine. AANR has a monthly newspaper and 2 of those are magazine quality.

AANR has a Government Affairs program with people keeping track of local,state, & federal anti-nudist laws. They have scholarships for our youth and offer an education, leadership program for our youth. They offer help to budding clubs in the form of a Mentor Program. They have a Speakers Bureau. They offer a guide to AANR clubs and some beaches. They offer coOp advertisement rebates to participating clubs as well as letterhead and brochures for their clubs.

Richard Mason wrote this regarding TNS:
TNS is an inspiration to many non-landed beach clubs and associations. It is the originator of the "Beach Etiquette." TNS has been a consistent voice and advocate of nonsexual public nudity.

TNS is also the keeper of a library and a depository of the history of the Free Beach movement in North America. Their magazine, Nude & Natural is more than a magazine. It is a document to the history of the Free Beach movement.

TNS is also the sponsor and a strong financial supporter of the Naturist Action Committee. The Naturist Action Committee is responsible for helping naturists nationwide in their fight to prevent anti-nudity laws from wiping out the Naturist movement in North America. NAC maintains a full time lobbyist in Washington DC.

TNS is the sponsor of the Naturist Educational Foundation. The 501.C.3 organization is responsible for the education of the public, government and elected officials on the legalities and the benefits of Naturism.
TNS has been there to help and support Free Beach clubs and its Gatherings are an important part of the bonding and single purpose of the Free Beach movement.

What has TNS accomplished? There would be no Naturist Beach at Haulover Beach Park on Miami Beach if it had not been for The Naturist Society.

Sometimes, with no ill intent, but for the purpose of brevity, we can
describe something and it never does it justice.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

Edward

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  11:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I belive strongly that an open naturist club or resort should advertise what it is about. Most I hope would be the "G" rated property. My wife and I have been to several properties and wil not go back to one because of the feelings of sexual overtones. We did not witness anything and were not approached by anyone, but the over FEELING was not a safe and comfortable one. They do not advertise as an adult place, but from talking to others it is. We have enjoyed other resorts with comfort and enjoyment and will go back again. Hedomism type places may have thier place on our society, but they should be open as to what they are to prevent unsuspecting people from being surprised and disapointed.

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  7:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nudism is usually non-sexual, however some nudist resorts have varied somewhat in their standards of behavior, leading to some confusion in the nudist community.

Nudism is a non-sexual concept always. It is pure innocent nudity. Sometimes it is mixed with sexual concepts which means that there are two separate concepts in play at the same time. In other words some people could be nudists and swingers both just like they could also be nudists and golfers or swingers and golfers.

redleg2

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  6:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit redleg2's Homepage  Send redleg2 an ICQ Message  Click to see redleg2's MSN Messenger address  Send redleg2 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. My fiancee and I are lookig for more adult oriented facilities, especially in North or South Carolina, or Georgia. Does anyone know of facilities that cater more to adults than to families? Or even family facilities that have an adult section? thank you

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  6:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no clubs in GA & SC, that have g-rated doctrines and don't have children. However, the children at these clubs are very well behaved. If you're looking for "adult" atmospheres, try Pleasure Grove, formerly Mt. Creek Grove. I'm told that they are other than g-rated.

-
-

toosunni
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Send toosunni an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I prefer G or PG rated places myself, I just want to go and unwind. If there is a special event like a gathering I will participate as much as practical and in doing so I feel like a little kid again. I have noticed a lot of swingers at some clubs, even ones that you would think or expect to be a pure g rated place. And I have also been propositioned at some places which made me feel real uncomfortable. The most family oriented G rated place I've been to so far is Penn Sylvan, not far from me either which I am grateful for.

nudepete2003
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  1:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudepete2003's Homepage  Send nudepete2003 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In England ther is one club known for its "Adult Orientation" it was started some time ago and is I believe very successful, not long after it open a major Sunday newspaper the is known for sleaze exposed the club and its owner, saying he had in the past lived off immoral earnings. 3 people left and 300 joined. The owner wrote to the paper and asked to be exposed again.

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  10:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Talk about making a profit exposing ones self. :)

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  07:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes bad publicity is good publicity!

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kim,

It is strange how that seems to work, that is negative publicity actually helping a cause, especially ours.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  04:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Chalk it up to free advertizing Chic. When ever the critics say a book or movie is bad, I read it or go see it, because most of the time the critics are wrong.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kim,

Your right, a critic points out its against societal norms and it's an overnight success.

Chic

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Where are the pure nudist resorts? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved