Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 161 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Who has been to a Naturist Gathering?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Looking for some answers Topic Next Topic: Desktop Images?  

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  10:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who in our forum has been to an Eastern or Western Naturist Gathering?

My wife and I have talked about going to one of these events, and I've read about the Eastern Gathering that takes place at Eastover Resort in Lenox, MA. This year's Gathering according to Clothesfree.com's event calendar will take place June 21 - 27.

Does anyone have any first-hand experiences at these Gatherings that they would like to share? I'd love to know what one is like and the benefits of attending. Thanks!

Philzer

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  03:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't been to a gathering but I've heard about it from several friends and I'm planning to attend the Eastern Naturist Gathering this year. From what I've heard, it's a huge group of people who come together and really get to know each other. There are excellent workshops and plenty of free time to catch up with old friends and make new friends. The facility is beautiful, the food is excellent, and the benefits are aplenty. I can't wait to go!

Melissa

papapalmesdixon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  11:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Send papapalmesdixon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I went to the Midwestern Naturist Gathering at Turtle Lake a few years ago. I had a good time. There were several workshops. Some were overlapping in times and I had to choose one over another, which wasn't easy. Some they had scheduled on two days so you could catch the second one if you had a scheduling conflict. There was a photography workshop set off a little away from the main group. We took turns being photographed by each other. The leader had set up stuff for blowing huge bubbles, up to 6 feet, so we would have something to do while being photographed. I managed to catch a picture of one bubble just as it burst. There were the usual activities like volley ball, swimming, and a pudding fight. Lee Baxandall was there with the staff from "N" magazine. I guess it was almost ten years ago, now that I think about it. I need to get out more.
MikeD

Revilo42
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  1:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Revilo42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What other workshops are there?

Cheers!

David
www.thebeadman.net

papapalmesdixon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  4:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Send papapalmesdixon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It was 10 years ago, but I remember one on vegetarian lifestyle and one on increasing awareness of our senses. One workshop had us pair off and actually look at our partner's body and decide if we would prefer to keep the one we were in or trade. My partner had a lot of long scars from surgery, I think. I figured that, even though he was younger than me, I would keep my old body. I know what it is capable of and which aches and pains to ignore. There were a couple of tents set up for people selling stuff from TNS and AANR. It was cool enough that we were wearing T-shirts in the mornings and late afternoons. There was a presentation from the TNS staff about activism and asking for input on naturist sites not in the "World Guide" for a future update. I think each gathering has different workshops. I remember reading about one on building a teepee with a demonstration.

MikeD

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  6:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would very much like to attend a Naturist Gathering. There have been a few the past couple of years that we have tried to attend but schedule conflicts kept us away.

One gathering I would really like to attend is Nudestock at Laguna Del Sol in Northern Calif. We may try and make it next year and meet some friends from Colorado and Washington there.

nothreads
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  7:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have attended the Eastern Naturist Gathering in Lenox, MA, several times. As already posted, the facility is very nice, it is not a regular nudist/naturist facility. The area of the Berkshires is beautiful, there are many activities available. So, make plans to try it at least once. I may go this year for a couple days. Those going should arrange to meet.
If you are also interested, there is the Eastern Naturist Festival, at Empire Haven in NY state, in August. Not as big an event, but well attended.

Undress for Success

naturistpaul

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to the ENG the last 3 years and enjoyed myself. They have workshops of all sorts, and if you contact TNS, you also have your own workshop. Great friends and fine food, dances every night at Tally Ho. Meet new friends and old. The young and old seem to get along fine. Beautiful area, and they also have day trips, past years to the Ledges, the Appalation(sp) Trail, and some nearby swimming holes. There was even a wedding last year.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  03:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have been to one in Western Canada, it was a pretty sizable get together and a lot of fun.

Kim =^.^=

naturistpaul

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  06:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They usually have an "online meet and greet" workshop at the ENG, where you can meet face to face the people you have talked with online. It is fun putting faces to the names and screen names! Definitely if you have not gone before, something to at least try.

We are not naked, we are nude! Naked is vulnerable, nude is comfortable!

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the gatherings are fun. lots of activities from the athletic to body painting, stuff for kids, art exhibits and lots of paraphernalia. plus lots of neat people from all over the world.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  7:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to an awful lot of conventions in the Southwestern and Eastern regions of AANR, more business than fun. Wish I had the where-with-all to get to a TNS gathering. I have been to a bunch of Cyber-friend gatherings over the years as well.
Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  03:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Calmnude, the nudist gatherings have a lot things do for everyone of all ages.

Kim =^.^=

TheOmne
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  01:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheOmne's Homepage  Send TheOmne an AOL message  Click to see TheOmne's MSN Messenger address  Send TheOmne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm heading for the AANR/MSA event being held at Turtle Lake resort this week. Arriving Weds night, heading home on Monday. I'm joining AANR so I can attend this event, I figured I'll be a member of AANR for a year, if I like it I'll remain a member, if I don't like it, I'll try TNS.

Brad

Previous Topic: Looking for some answers Topic Next Topic: Desktop Images?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved