Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 224 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Personal Ads - Free!
 Stories - My First Time As A Nudist
 Post your first time experience story here
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: First time in front of older kids?!
Page: of 28

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  12:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Korry, I can recommend Cherokee in Crossville, I've always felt welcome there as well as Rock Haven Lodge. The makeup of landed clubs changes as the days depending on who is around.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  1:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Korry,

All I can say is that my wife and I have felt we were treated this way a couple of times as well at resorts or clubs near by our home.

There seems to be this line some nudists don't want to cross with new people. They are either not friendly by nature, not sure if you want to be friendly, unsure if you'd like to be left alone this visit since it's your first, don't want to seem forward and maybe scare you or your wife away.

I, like you, tend to make the first move at trying to make friends. I think you can tell who wants to be friendly and who doesn't. One guy I talked to at a club near our home said that some of the residents at this club were always on the defensive with visitors because they didn't really know them and what they were there for. He actually said that I was being watched the first few visits I visited without my wife. Once they got to know me and talked to me after the 3rd visit, I was treated like one of the crowd.

Not sure if it's right or wrong, but human nature is what I'm sure it is. Maybe try another club that Cheri has recommended.

Take care and good luck with future club visits.

Edited by - FireProf on 06/06/2005 1:25:52 PM

NudeDen
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  03:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Send NudeDen an AOL message  Click to see NudeDen's MSN Messenger address  Send NudeDen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After years of wanting, planing, hoping, and wishing I finally did it. I went to a nudist resort for the first time last Saturday. The resort was Paradise Valley and it was amazing. I have been on a high ever since then. I didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I did get a little burned though but i was there all day, and nude the entire time.

I went for a nice hike on their nature trail and walked around the entire resort and sunbathed and skinney dipped in the very cold pool. But it felt great. That was the best experiance of my life, EVER!!!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  11:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeDen

After years of wanting, planing, hoping, and wishing I finally did it. I went to a nudist resort for the first time last Saturday. The resort was Paradise Valley and it was amazing. I have been on a high ever since then. I didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I did get a little burned though but i was there all day, and nude the entire time.

I went for a nice hike on their nature trail and walked around the entire resort and sunbathed and skinney dipped in the very cold pool. But it felt great. That was the best experiance of my life, EVER!!!

Glad you enjoyed Paradise Valley in Dawsonville, GA. You might also want to try Serendipity in Cleveland just south of Helen and Bell Acres in Maysville.

-
-

NudeDen
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  7:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Send NudeDen an AOL message  Click to see NudeDen's MSN Messenger address  Send NudeDen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I plan on checking those 2 out as well. I might even check out Bare Buddies travel club. Hopefully I can get my fiance into nudism and take her along with me.

Edited by - NudeDen on 06/09/2005 7:15:16 PM

Quiet Bob

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  07:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Gunnison Beach for the first time last year. Thought I'd feel uncomfortable. Took off my shirt, then my sneakers, then my swim trunks. No lightning bolts descended from the sky. It felt really good to feel the sun on ALL parts of my body. I found that I wasn't at all concerned about being nude...it felt natural (except when I held that cold soda can against my stomach while I counted out change.

I speak with an electrolarynx and compared to approaching strangers with a voice that makes me sound like a robot (or a very big mosquito), this seemed quite easy and ordinary.

I look forward to returning in a few weeks.

Turk
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  08:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a naturist since '01 but have just now started into the whole new world of social naturism. To be honest, the first experience was just the nude sun bathing in my back yard. No one was there but it was still a rush. The fist time I almost had a heart attack when a helicopter flew overhead. Since then I haven't had an issue even though I've had a few helicopters fly over. The thought has crossed my mind that it was the same one over and over. Hmmm. Anyways, skinny dipping is awesome and if you've never done it your missin' out. I have to say that living on my own without roommates rocks. My last roommates where very questionable so I didn't do the whole nude thing around them. I hope to get to a public nude event soon!

Jon

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  10:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Quiet Bob,

Gunnison Beach was where I went nude in public for the 1st time. After a little case of the nerves, I found it to be an awesome experience.

Chic

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been in whole towns that were standoffish like that. Try to talk to people and they are abrupt and suspicious since I was a stranger. My ex-wife was from the next town over and it took nearly a year for them to begin to accept her and treat her as a neighbor. I wouldn't judge all nudist clubs based on that one club's attitude. Besides, maybe they had just recently had a very bad experience with perverts who were people they didn't know and are now less trusting. Or they could simply be closed minded hicks who don't trust outsiders.

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  12:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just had my first experience with social nudity today at Mazo beach in Wisconsin. It is about a 4 hour drive and I got delayed in leaving as the President was in town and they had traffic stopped all over the place. It was a long 4-hour drive and then a walk over a mile to get to the beach. I had butterflies the whole time!

Well, I walked out on to the beach found a spot, put out my towel and then took off all of my clothes! It was easy for me for some reason! Everybody was nude and it looked and felt so natural! I laid down for about 45 minutes soaking up the sun and then went in to the water and that felt great! I stayed on the beach until 6:00 PM when most people started to leave. I really did not want to put my clothes on but it was time to go! It was a great experience!

Mazo is an awesome beach you should visit it if you get a chance! I will be going back there many times this summer! I should have tried this 20 years ago! The feeling of the wind, water and sun on your entire body is fantastic!

Joe
A new nudist

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  10:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, "Welcome to Our World". It is a great feeling being at ease with oneself. Now you have to join one or both of the national organizations, TNS and/or AANR.

-
-

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
Thanks for the welcome, I did join AANR and I also sent in my application to join the Minnesota Naturists.

Joe

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  6:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an update on my first experience. I just got back from my 4th trip to Mazo Beach and I still think it is a fantastic place and I am also finding out that nudists are fantastic people! I have not ever met a friendlier group of people! I think once it is apparent that you are there for the right reasons people open up quickly and are very friendly.

Those of you that are sitting on the fence (like I did) about trying social nudity get out and try it! It is a great experience!

Joe

stevenc

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  11:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first time to this forum, love the comments, lots of information. Anyways my first time as a social nudist was a couple of years back. When I first arrived I had my cut off's on and a T-shirt. While walking around checking out the place (of course everyone else being nude) was stareing at me like I was a weird-o having clothes on and probubly was in their eyes. After about 30 minutes of bein stared at I decided the heck with this, went out to the pool and dis-robed, after that I was just another nudist and no one payed me any attention. (must of been the culture shock that slowed me down...lol)
Thanks
Steven

Tender86
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  1:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first time was at a local nude beach. I kept my suit on for about 15 minutes. I saw how comfortable and easy going the nudists appeared and so I casually slipped my suit off, laid back and enjoyed the sun. I had been tanning in the privacy of my back yard so wasn't pure white. After about half hour I got up and wandered into the water to get cooled off. It felt fantastic to be nude and accepted as such. That first day was such a memorable experience. As the afternoon wore on and it was time to go, I found I didn't want to put my clothes back on. I carried my clothes back to the car and only put them on before getting into the vehicle.

No Tan Lines

Page: of 28 Topic Next Topic: First time in front of older kids?!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved