Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 202 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

topcatjim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Send topcatjim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Hello all, new here so hope this works. Site was recommended by JD. Thanks Jim.
Apollo Beach is the best beach I've ever been to. I go there at least twice a year, going next week in fact. Been going there about 4 years or so now. As everyone knows parking is a big problem. I don't understand why all of parking area 5 is not nude. It's a shame that you have to walk so far. I have met a lot of great people there, locals and out of towner's like myself. Last visit met Jim & Judy, a great couple from Tenn. And last year Bob & Sherri. People are always friendly and easy to get along with. Look forward to meeting new people each trip.
I live in South Carolina and it takes about 8 hours to get to Apollo, but it is well worth the trip. Recommend this beach to anyone who has never been there. If you go once you will love it. Hope the weather is good for my visit next week, I know I will enjoy it.

Jim

Naturist.Rich
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  02:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got back from a seven day trip, six of which were spent at Haulover Beach. But I spent one day at Apollo and it's a wonderful beach. It was on a Monday and there were about 45 of us there and the people all were very nice, with no real gawkers because it is such a long ways to get to parking lot 5 and then the walk to the CO area. Highly recommended!

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  9:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by topcatjim

Hello all, new here so hope this works. Site was recommended by JD. Thanks Jim.
Apollo Beach is the best beach I've ever been to. I go there at least twice a year, going next week in fact. Been going there about 4 years or so now. As everyone knows parking is a big problem. I don't understand why all of parking area 5 is not nude. It's a shame that you have to walk so far. I have met a lot of great people there, locals and out of towner's like myself. Last visit met Jim & Judy, a great couple from Tenn. And last year Bob & Sherri. People are always friendly and easy to get along with. Look forward to meeting new people each trip.
I live in South Carolina and it takes about 8 hours to get to Apollo, but it is well worth the trip. Recommend this beach to anyone who has never been there. If you go once you will love it. Hope the weather is good for my visit next week, I know I will enjoy it.

Jim

Good to see you posting here Jim. It was nice meeting you, and hope we see you again there soon.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  9:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Naturist.Rich

I just got back from a seven day trip, six of which were spent at Haulover Beach. But I spent one day at Apollo and it's a wonderful beach. It was on a Monday and there were about 45 of us there and the people all were very nice, with no real gawkers because it is such a long ways to get to parking lot 5 and then the walk to the CO area. Highly recommended!

That's one of the many nice things about Apollo. I've seen very few out & out gawkers there. As you said, probably the limited parking and 100 yard or so trudge through the sand keep them away.

Ampfly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  5:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone up for a swim at Apollo Wed July 23? Looks like it'll be a nice day!

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  08:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ampfly, missed you by a day. Spent yesterday morning at Apollo and it was one of my most pleasant visits there yet. Well, except for the horseflies.

Arrived about 9 and had no trouble parking. Great sun and temperature, some surf but not violent. There were about 15 people when I got there and maybe 30 when I left around noon.

It was definitely worth the drive over from Sarasota,where I'm actually staying this week, but I will be sure and remember the bug repellent next time.

Edited by - tanmehide on 07/23/2008 08:02:29 AM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  2:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Greenhead flies are terrible at Apollo sometimes. Has anyone found what will keep them away? We have tried everything but nothing works very well. If you have a secret weapon please share it with us.

Diger

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  3:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diger, stay under water??? :) Some of the time, Deep Woods Off works, other times I think they eat it. Yesterday at our local Target store, they had something with 40% Deet. You might try that.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  5:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something that a local outdoorsman here recommended.....Listeriene in a spray bottle. I think we may try that in September.

topcatjim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  7:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Send topcatjim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Never heard about the Listerine but will give it a try when I go down next month. Will let you guys know if it works.

Jim

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  10:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
We tried the Deet, we used so much we got to feeling sick and as you said, I think they were eating it.

We were told by a local that Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion works, It works for him but didn't work for us.

One thing that we have had limited success with is Suntan oil, It will keep most of them away but any oils will make you much hotter.

If the Listerine works please pass it on to everyone.

Diger

topcatjim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  9:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Send topcatjim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JD

Something that a local outdoorsman here recommended.....Listeriene in a spray bottle. I think we may try that in September.

[b][/

JD, I tried the listering here at home. I was out side and the gnats was eating me up. Came in and sprayed a little on my arms and legs, went back out and nothing bothered me. So maybe it will work on the horsefiles. I HOPE SO.

Jim

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  05:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by topcatjim

quote:
Originally posted by JD

[b][/

JD, I tried the listering here at home. I was out side and the gnats was eating me up. Came in and sprayed a little on my arms and legs, went back out and nothing bothered me. So maybe it will work on the horsefiles. I HOPE SO.

Jim

Let us know how it goes. The guy that told me about it uses it when he goes fishing in Canada. He said the skeeters & horse flys there were terrible in the summer.

flsmoothie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  3:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are dogs allowed on Apollo Beach?

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  5:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From their website, "Pets are allowed on the lagoon-side of the park, but must be kept on a leash. Pets are not allowed on the beach."

That's what I suspected as I'd never seen one there. I pretty much stay on the beach.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved