Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 200 ]  [ Total: 200 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  12:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Viper,

Yes Playalinda is safe, all of the news last year was the county feeding the news what they wanted people to believe. I saw a letter sent to a friend for the director of the NAC that talked about the posturing of the county and the fact that not one ticket was given out last year.

My wife and I have been to both and Playalinda always has the younger people.

Diger

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  06:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My second hand information tells me that there haven't been any problems there and this is from someone who goes there frequently.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  01:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just returned from Florida and a visit to Apollo Beach I was surprised to see the nude encounter sign missing, since it was the middle of the week we walked a short distance before encountering other nudist, since there were only a few folks on the beach it took my wife only minutes to get nude (first nude beach) I was a little disappointed as the beach wasn't as pretty as in the past but we had a good time, we had purchased a couple cloth/styrofoam boogie boards to ride in the waves what a blast especially when your nude. Hope to return soon...

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  2:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just got back from Apollo as well after an 8 day stay. Great weather except for last Thursday when it rained on & off. Not overly crowded, but not deserted either. There was a bus with some folks on it (South Ga. & North Fl. I believe) last Sunday who came down. That's the first time we'd ever seen that. My wife's new knee did great and we were able to do much more walking than in the past. As usual it was a great trip and hopefully we'll be back in September.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

PK

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  10:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are these beaches for a younger single female attending alone? Are they safe?

I frequented Hippie Hollow in TX while I lived there. It is a beautiful park on the lake. My only problem was that I was constantly bothered by single men. It is not that I am against being friendly, but some of them obviously were not there for the sun and swim and were a bit creepy. There was even one guy perched on the rocks above me, staring at me, and playing with his parts.

I by no means have a gorgeous body, and am self-conscious. But I love the sun and say heck - let me go tan! I just feel that if I laying there with sunglasses and earphones, why come sneak up and try to talk? One guy even asked if I wanted him to put sunscreen on my back!

I am thinking since the beach is wide open, it might be better. Hippie Hollow is a park with trees, paths, and rocks along the lake. I am not looking to be recreational social nudist, but I just want a peaceful line free tan...and now I live in FL :)

Thanks!

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  4:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PK

How are these beaches for a younger single female attending alone? Are they safe?

I frequented Hippie Hollow in TX while I lived there. It is a beautiful park on the lake. My only problem was that I was constantly bothered by single men. It is not that I am against being friendly, but some of them obviously were not there for the sun and swim and were a bit creepy. There was even one guy perched on the rocks above me, staring at me, and playing with his parts.

I by no means have a gorgeous body, and am self-conscious. But I love the sun and say heck - let me go tan! I just feel that if I laying there with sunglasses and earphones, why come sneak up and try to talk? One guy even asked if I wanted him to put sunscreen on my back!

I am thinking since the beach is wide open, it might be better. Hippie Hollow is a park with trees, paths, and rocks along the lake. I am not looking to be recreational social nudist, but I just want a peaceful line free tan...and now I live in FL :)

Thanks!

I can't speak for Playalinda never spent the day there), but you will be fine at Apollo. My wife & I have about 50 trips (days) at Apollo under our belts, and have yet to see anyone being bothered by anything like what you described. Not to say it can't happen, but we have yet to see it. Apollo is mostly an older crowd, and maybe that contributes to the laid back atmosphere and safety of it.

Bamanate
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a blast last Sunday at Apollo even though I had to hike a mile to get to the "Get Free Zone" so to speak. Weather was perfect and water was as well. I hope my wife will come next time, she's still quite nervous about the nudity issue. When you go get there at 6 AM when they open or wait till around noon or 1 PM. Have FUN!

nativenude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  8:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both beaches should be safe from harassment but I would visit Apollo rather than support Brevard county which still has the stupid anti-nudity law which they can use on playalinda anytime they wish. Do plan on going to apollo early or take a bike along so if you have to park at the next lot up you bike down to the nude area. If you get near miami beach visit haul over beach which is very nice too. Also at the price of gas now you might be closer, and thus cheaper to visit, one of the resorts like cypress cove or sunnier palms which are always safe and never any blowing sand. At any of the beaches just look for couples or any of us old goats that look “of a comfortable age” to sun near. Any true nudists look out for others and will intervene in those rare occasions of a trouble maker. Hope that helps. Enjoy and remember the sun screen !!!

PK

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  10:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the response! i am in the NE part of the sate, about 1.5 hours from Apollo. i am planning to go on a weekday (what a wonderful reason to take a day off of work!) think the parking issues are more manageable during the week? i was wondering about being able to bike form lot #4 to lot #5 - sounds like it is do-able.

nativenude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  08:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like any beach during the week is MUCH better for parking and smaller crowds than any weekend. Biking from lot 4 is very do-able with proper planning of how to carry your necessary beach supplies on the bike before leaving home. Its been really hot here already this year so you might want to plan on extra drinking water. Go enjoy and get that all over tan !!!

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't stress to you enough about what nativenude said about plenty of drinking water.....and a little shade if you plan to spend more than a couple of hours....and sunscreen...and bug spray if you arrive early in the morning. We make a day of it and are loaded down with stuff.*LOL*

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  9:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We just spent six days naked on the beach at Apollo, we even met Tansailor and his wife. We saw some other friends there that live just outside the park. Beautiful beach and good company what more can you ask for? A very funny thing happened as we were leaving today. As it was our last time on the beach we decided to walk out nude to get all the nude time we could. Earlier some textile guy had rode his bicycle down the nude beach to see what he could see. When we got to the edge of the nude section on the way out we started to get dressed. Mrs Diger bent over to put her bottoms on and as she looked behind her she saw the guy crash into the surf. I guess he was a little distracted and lost control ..... LOL

Diger

Bamanate
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  06:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife did come back with me on Father's Day and we have a great time. She has not discovered the wonders of a bare lifestyle.....yet. But I'm being patient and looking forward to the day.
What's up with the sign being missing? I didn't even notice the pole until someone brought it to my attention that we were slightly north of it. Can someone make one for the park to put up or has anyone a suggestion?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  10:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was told by the locals that the sign was part of an agreement the park had entered, and the time had expired on the agreement so they took it down. The nude section is still live and well but the sign is gone.

Diger

PROFBICPL

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  11:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Send PROFBICPL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HAVE NOT HAD THE TIME TO GET TO THE NUDE BEACH OR EVEN TO CYPRESS COVE YET THIS YEAR BUT COME RAIN OR SHINE I'M GOING TO APOLLO BEACH TOMORROW MORNING AND I DON'T CARE IF IT RAINS ALL DAY OR EVEN SNOWS

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.42 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved