Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 468 ]  [ Total: 468 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

topcatjim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  10:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send topcatjim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I HAVE SPENT THE PAST THREE DAYS AT APOLLO AND HAVE THREE MORE TO GO. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN GREAT. THE SAND IS PACKED HARD AND GREAT FOR WALKING. BUGS HAVE NOT BEEN BAD AT ALL. YOU GUYS ARE MISSING A GREAT WEEK. MET SOME REALLY NICE PEOPLE. WE WILL HAVE TO MOVE UP TO #4 LOT ON WEDNESDAY FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK. HOPE YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT DOWN SOON.

Jim

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  8:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by topcatjim

I HAVE SPENT THE PAST THREE DAYS AT APOLLO AND HAVE THREE MORE TO GO. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN GREAT. THE SAND IS PACKED HARD AND GREAT FOR WALKING. BUGS HAVE NOT BEEN BAD AT ALL. YOU GUYS ARE MISSING A GREAT WEEK. MET SOME REALLY NICE PEOPLE. WE WILL HAVE TO MOVE UP TO #4 LOT ON WEDNESDAY FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK. HOPE YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT DOWN SOON.

Jim

Glad you had great weather. We'll be arriving on Friday, hopefully early enough to get some afternoon sun.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  11:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
JD,

Have fun, you know if they delay the shuttle launch you may get to see it.

Take some more great photos and drop us a line when you guys get back.

We'll be going down on the 29th.

Diger

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  10:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

JD,

Have fun, you know if they delay the shuttle launch you may get to see it.

Take some more great photos and drop us a line when you guys get back.

We'll be going down on the 29th.

Diger

I hope you & the Mrs. have better weather. The first 3 1/2 days were great, and then the skies opened up. We had to use Lot 4 on Friday and Saturday (supposedly still had some shuttle related equipment at Lot 5), but 5 opened back up Saturday afternoon. In addition to the rain, the surf was really up, and up to the dunes at high tide. On the bright side, we're heading back in July as well as September or October. It'll be hotter than we're used to, but it beats sitting in the room reading or driving around trying to find something to do.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

JerriLind
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all So we have been reading links about the beach can one still be arrested at the beach? We like to stay in area use the beach go back to one of nude the resorts near Orlando just enjoy the fla sun.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  6:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The beach is perfectly safe, Don't worry just go and have a good time.

The Rangers are very polite and friendly.

Diger

JerriLind
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  8:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help! is that like an hour commute from Orlando if we stay there

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  9:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....depends on where in Orlando. I'd figure 1.5 hours, at least. Don't forget that you'll need to go to Lot 5 and parking is scarce at this lot after 9:00 a.m. weekdays and after 8:00 weekends. BYO beverages and nibbles since there aren't any concessions. We'll be there next week along with Mr. & Mrs. Diger.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  10:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with tansailr. An hour is not enough. Once you get to New Smyrna, you have to go all the way through town then go slowly (35mph?) to the end at lot 5. From Orlando, you would actually be closer to Playalinda. The beach is deeper and there is more parking. Head for lot 13 if you go. But still no concessions.

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  04:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

The beach is perfectly safe, Don't worry just go and have a good time.

The Rangers are very polite and friendly.

Diger

Which beach are you reffering to...... Wife and I are going to be near titusville next weekend and probably won't be able to get to Apollo early so will take recomendations of trying Playalinda.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  3:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Was taling about Playalinda.

Diger

IslandDave

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  09:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TRIP REPORT, June 24, 2009

What a wonderful day! My wife and I snuck away Wednesday morning to spend some time alone on a nude beach. We had visited nude and/or clothing optional beaches in the Bahamas and Jamaica in recent years, and both agreed that we LOVE it. After some research, I narrowed our destination to two beaches; Apollo Beach (in Volusia County) and Playalinda Beach (Brevard County). We live in Melbourne, so Playalinda beach is more convenient. However, as luck would have it, we were to spend a week in New Smyrna Beach in June. Apollo beach it is.

I was more than a bit concerned about getting there early to get a parking space. But alas, we got a late start, entering the Canaveral National Seashore just after 10 am. I was nervous about finding a parking space during the 6 mile drive to lot #5. My nervousness was unfounded as upon arrival we found several open spaces. We parked and grabbed our beach items.

First, it seemed like it was much more than 100 yards from the ramp to the nude area. More like a quarter mile(?) But, the sign was missing, so we may have gone further than required. The slope of the beach, and the soft sand made walking difficult, but we found a perfect space about 50 yards from any other person. Other than that, the day was perfect; a cloudless blue sky and a gentle breeze kept things cool.

Immediately after setting up our ‘camp’ I stripped out of my suit. It had been a while, so my tan lines told everyone there that I was not a ‘regular.’ My wife, on the other hand, had a good base tan all over, and when she wiggled out of her suit, she looked like a natural.

We met some really nice regulars who were friendly and seemed to appreciate the dialog. After three hours, it was time to go. Reluctantly, we put our suits back on and began the journey back to the lot.

What a perfect day. We will definitely return. I would like to try Playalinda next, if I can convince my wife that we won’t be arrested.

Thanks to ALL of you who have provided information about these beaches. It seems a shame that it took me six months to do the research and only spent three hours on the beach. We will be back.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  5:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dave,

The important part is you did it, now you are hooked and I bet it won't take you six months to go again.

When were you there in June? We were there every day the first week in June.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 06/26/2009 5:54:25 PM

IslandDave

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  09:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We stayed in NSB the week of June 20 - 27, but only visited Apollo Beach on Wednesday, June 24.

Had a great time. Met some really nice people. I would HIGHLY recommend Apollo Beach to everyone, those who are regulars to nude and c/o beaches, and to those who have always just wanted to try.

I can't wait to go back. We will try Playalinda (on the Brevard side) as soon as I can convince my wife that we won't get arrested.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  8:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those signs really are a nuisance. I do not live down there, but I'm thinking that if I did, I would be sorely tempted to take a can of spray paint with me or maybe a wrench. Yes, I know, defacing public property and all that, but come on.
We were there a few Saturdays ago, and if the authorities showed up to haul people off, they would have to bring a convoy of large trucks to get the job done. There were hundreds of nude folks there with parking lots 13 and 12 full.
But, we will remain peaceful. We did join the Florida Free Beaches Assn. They work to keep Haulover and Apollo C/O. Perhaps they will get around to working on Playalinda.
Have fun.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.49 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved