Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 423 ]  [ Total: 423 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  9:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok everyone leave some sand for us, hoping to go in february if money isn't to tight.

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  11:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to wait until April

Ampfly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  07:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone - Apollo Beachophiles, that is! I have a business trip down that way early March and don't want to get my hopes up too high about the prospects for beach weather. Though I have to say that looking out the window at 25 degrees and wind today "up north" has my hopes very high! So...what are my chances for "70 plus and sunny" at Apollo in early March based on your experience? Is there any protection from wind there -- I understands the dunes are off-limits? Thanks for your help and insight. Here's to a sunny and healthy 2010! Hugs, Gee

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  10:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ampfly, the odds are well above average that you'll see weather in the 70's but remember that it's still Spring and if there's a weather front up north that migrates downward, well.....! I've been in Tampa in late Feb. when a cold snap went thru, dipping the temp down to a horrifying (LOL) 31 deg.! Yes, the dunes are off limits and there aren't any barriers to a likely cool onshore wind. At that time of year I'd consider bringing some kind of windscreen.

Ampfly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  3:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks "tansailr" for the quick and thoughtful reply! No surprises, but nice to confirm my suspicions about March weather - Spring is a jealous mistress! Are then any good CO B&Bs or inns in New Smyrna that might offer refuge from the chill? Anyhow, thanks again and here's to a great year at the beach, lake, river, hotspring or forested glade! Hugs, Gee

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  9:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ampfly

Thanks "tansailr" for the quick and thoughtful reply! No surprises, but nice to confirm my suspicions about March weather - Spring is a jealous mistress! Are then any good CO B&Bs or inns in New Smyrna that might offer refuge from the chill? Anyhow, thanks again and here's to a great year at the beach, lake, river, hotspring or forested glade! Hugs, Gee

It's not a B&B, but we really like staying at The Aloha. It's located maybe 3/4 of a mile from the park entrance. It doesn't have a pool, but after a full day at the beach we usually just like to go out for supper and some fishing or a bike ride unless there's some good live music around. It's within walking distance of JB's and we'll eat there a couple of times in the evening.

http://www.thealoha.com/

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Johnnyyy

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  8:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm planning on going to Apollo Beach sometime this month, (if the weather is good.) It will be my first nude experience. How will the parking be around 4:30 on a thursday?
-thanks

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  10:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
John,
That late in the day you should not have a problem.

Diger

Johnnyyy

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  12:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Diger, do you think there will be people at the beach around that time on a thursday or will it be empty? I'd like at least a few people to be there so it's not too lonely and dead.
The reason I am going so late is because I live 45 minutes away from new smyrna beach and I am taking a class in new smyrna beach every thursday so after class is really my only chance to go there. thanks.
-Johnny

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  01:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check with nps before you go they use to close the gates earlier in the off season and if your not out the gate before they close they will cite you, i may be wrong but i'm thinking 6 pm in off season and 8 pm during warmer months. they pulled me over several years ago as i was heading toward the gate luckily the ranger gave me a warning.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  8:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, only 3 weeks until we head for Apollo our annual "beach fix" and Breaker Burgers! The weather's trending upward so we're hoping for temps in the low 80's. This board's been pretty quiet so we hope y'all left some sand for us.....we'll be there May 5-14. Right now it looks like NASA's launching a rocket on the 14th.

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  10:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back I was their last week. Lot 5 was closed Sat thru until Tues becuase of the launch on Mon and all lot 2 thru 5 were closed wed. because of a planned burn. But saw naked sun bathers at 1,2,4,5 all week with rangers riding by with out stopping

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  5:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll be down on the 14th of May.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  3:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great morning at Apollo! More people than I've seen before, but of course with the parking it was still far from crowded. It was my first visit this season and the water is great once you get numb. With a little luck, I'll be back tomorrow.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  8:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Onsite report: we were rained off the beach by 1:30 pm on both Wed. and Thurs.but Friday, today, and the rest of the week looks great and we'll be here until next Saturday a.m. assuming the tannning oil holds out.

Even though it's early May the "season" has begun! We showed up at 9:00 a.m. both Wed. and Thurs and had no problem parking. Friday was a bit tighter and this a.m. (Saturday) the lot was 3/4 full by 7:30 a.m. and completely full by 7:45 a.m. -- and only 3 of the cars were for fishermen! Looks like tomorrow's going to be an early day too, dammit . At 1:00 p.m. there were about 60 people on the beach ....not sure where they all parked!

Not much change in the beach vs. last year although it appears more barren without Diger's conspicuous green sunshade, . The water temp is listed at 73 deg.....not sure how accurate that is, but it's swimmable, esp. when the temp hits the upper 80's like it did today.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved