Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

jbutah

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  7:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got home. We spent Saturday and Sunday at Apollo. Saturday was hot with not much of a breeze, but today it was a bit cooler and breezy. Saturday was very busy and the crowd was a little lighter today, probably due to Mothers Day. We stayed at the Aloha last night. Can't wait to get back.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  11:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tansailr,
Glad you guys are having a good time. Give Mrs. Sailr a hug from us, hope you have good weather the rest of your trip and do try to stop in and see us on your trip home.

Diger

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  9:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great reports....... I'm hoping to make it over there next month for a Father's Day getaway Might do a double and hit Playalinda one morning as well.

jbutah...... How is the Aloha? and where is it located?

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  8:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tues, 5/11: As noted above, Sunday was a lighter than expected day but with the same 70% of single males vs. coed couples. Yesterday though, 4 single girls showed up (3 together)...and two today...a good trend!

After seeing 20+ mph winds and blownout umbrellas on Sunday we started looking for the portable 30" high windbreaks some beachgoers use to good advantage. After scouring all of the sleazy swimshops and Wal Mart to no avail we learned today that Coronado Hardware is the ONLY outfit in NSB that carries them -- and we bought the last one in stock, since the winds are returning tomorrow.

Even thought NASA's not launching until Friday afternoon, Lot 5 was closed for the entire week effective yesterday a.m. In the past we've been removed from Lot 5 24 hrs beforehand, but hey, most of us like the beach at Lot 4 better anyway. .....and you couldn't have asked for a nicer beach day than yesterday -- 79 deg., no humidity, cloudless sky, and a gentle 8 mph breeze. It started changing today -- the winds and clouds are increasing and the temps will rise to 89 deg. by the time we leave on Saturday. ....but who's complaining??? LOL

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  10:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha is located 1 mile north of the entrance to the park. It is not a fancy place but clean and friendly we have been staying their for about 10 years for a week in April. It is a mom and pa type place, We like room G which is on the secound floor

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailor25

Aloha is located 1 mile north of the entrance to the park. It is not a fancy place but clean and friendly we have been staying their for about 10 years for a week in April. It is a mom and pa type place, We like room G which is on the secound floor

I'll 2nd that about the Aloha. In fact, it's where I'm posting this from. We just got in today around noon. We didn't go into the park because the traffic was crazy, so we watched the launch from the beach across the street. We're looking forward to hitting the beach early tomorrow morning.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were their for the April launch. They kept 5 closed for a couple days after the launch it made the park very busy.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  8:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5/13: our last day on the beach. Lot 5 closed, of course, and the "veterans" suggested going to the left (north) from Lot 4's stairs in order to avoid having to move later when the rangers made everyone move north of the stairs just before the launch. Well, today when we arrived at 7:45 a.m. Lot 4 was already full (!) so we went to Lot 3 and hiked 1/3 mile south. About 10-12 of us created a nude area about 300 yds. long. It was the best of all alternatives. Very little textile cross-traffic and we watched the launch in the buff from our beach chairs at the water's edge. One hour later we had the beach to ourselves....no one within 1/2 mile of us...and we left around 4:00 p.m. looking forward to returning next year, if not sooner. What a great 10 days!

Nudejon
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  10:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sound like a great place and hope to visit soon. some people have mentioned fishing from the beach is there plces that are off limits to fishing, such as the nude bathing area. We really want to combine a naked fishing trip.

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  1:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It just depends if you want to hull your fishing stuff that far down the beach. I have seen some people do it.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  5:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing is a mixed bag. I like to spincast and that works best if there are top or middle feeders (pompano, jacks) in the surf. That wasn't the case during my last visit....maybe the water hadn't warmed up enough. Most surf fishermen on the Canaveral Seashore use bait and I saw mixed results with small 12-13" whiting being caught with rods sized like elephant guns.

There's no really good reason for fish to spend much time off the Canaveral beaches except for the stuff that washes down to them on ebbing tides.....there's no habitat and the water is really shallow, like waist deep 100 ft. from shore at high tide. The beach off Lot 5 seems to have the steepest dropoff and that's where most surf fishers go. If you're serious about catching fish, charter an offshore boat with a guide.

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  10:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was some whiting being caught the last couple of days in the surf at lot 4, but not much size to them. One guy also had a really nice Pompano on Thursday. I love to fish, but we bring so much stuff as it is that I bought a beach cart. I don't know if I'd have room for a rod (I'm a spincast man myself) & tacklebox to go along with the chairs, cooler and umbrellas. Today was our last day at Apollo. We got here on the 14th and with the exception of Monday's rain, the weather was fantastic.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Nudejon
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info guys, we are not that good at fishing, Mostly just enjoy the time spent doing it. I am looking into a cart, because like you say, with the cooler, chairs, towels and such it will be needed.

gh

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  1:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm considering a drive across the state to Apollo Beach tomorrow (Sunday). Before spending $40 in gas, what are the CNS locals' feelings on the weather? Should I save the cash for another weekend?

Edited by - gh on 05/29/2010 1:45:01 PM

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  01:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on the Aloha, guys...... I'll check it out.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved