Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 436 ]  [ Total: 436 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  11:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tansailr. We've been to Haulover, but Apollo sounds nice for a change; more natural. Maybe even nicer...

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A happy medium between Haulover and Apollo would be Playalinda. From my perspective Apollo is like San Onofre was in the early 80's. Playalinda is more like Blacks Beach but without the presence of any organized group like the Blacks Beach Bares. It's also far more accessible than Blacks....parking is ample and close -- and there's no cliff to descend.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  4:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Tansailr,

I forgot to tell you the photo you took of me and my wife made it in the photo gallery here. Check it out.

http://www.nudist-resorts.org/gallery/121.html

Diger

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  10:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apollo Beach looks terrific. We will be in Tampa from March 4 to 8th, 2012 and plan to spend most of our time at Apollo. Any help with directions etc would be great if any regulars can assist?
Thank you
C & D

nothing feels better than the warm sun on 100% of the body!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  10:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to tell you C & D but the nude Apollo Beach is not the city of Apollo Beach that's near Tampa.

It's in the Canaveral National Seashore near New Smyrna Beach which is on the Atlantic coast of Florida. If you make it there, the nude section is at lot 5 at the end of the road. When you hit the beach turn right and walk till you see the naked people.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 12/04/2011 10:25:05 AM

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  10:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David & Cathy I'm wondering if there's some confusion here. The Apollo Beach we're discussing is located on the Atlantic coast's Canaveral National Seashore between Daytona Beach and Titusville. You reach it by driving through the town of New Smyrna Beach and proceeding to parking lot #5. It's about a 2 1/2 - 3 hr. drive from Tampa. There's also a town named Apollo Beach which is a residential suburb slightly southeast of Tampa. If there's a beach there I haven't seen it. If your itinerary has you locked into Tampa you might want to consider going to one of the established nudist parks like - - and Lake Como, both located 30 min. N. of Tampa in the town of Lutz.

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  11:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Diger & tansailr; you have cleared up the confusion we had!
C

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  11:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Like to welcome Cathy&David to our beach tread. Maybe we can convince them that "East Coast Beaches are Hip"

FYI.. Was on Apollo yesterday and have had a few warm days in November too. The beach has see some build up of soft sand this past month. Over the last 3 weeks the surf has been very strong and the wheelchair ramp has been destroyed. About a 2 foot cut into the dunes too. The main crossover has not been damaged and you have to use the stairs to get down on the the beach. Also the beach is very littered with debris from I guess trash dumping in the ocean. The "Y' shaped log has been moved about 10 yards from the Back Country Sign. More than a 100 yards farther down the beach. I am surprised the Rangers have not cleaned up any of the large junk that has washed up. There is a large boat chair sitting 200 yards down the beach. It has been there for almost a month!! Hard to put into a trash bag. We need a clean up day I guess on the beach... looks real bad... sigh ....PAT

jPat

daytonabeachside@yah oo

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  5:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Pat. We will check out the "hip east coast beaches"! For the few days we have to be in Tampa we found the Caliete to stay at but then it will be "hop in the car and head east" for a few days and we hope to run into y'all :)
Cathy & David

Ampfly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  11:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having yet to visit Apollo, I'm more eager than ever...clearly an active and concerned, albeit small, constituency of fellow beachgoers. Mid-January weather will be dicey, but I promise to pick up some trash even if I can't pick up a tan!

Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  2:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you go on some of the cooler days, take a wind screen with you. If you can get out of the wind the sun feels nice even if it's on the cool side.

Diger

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  2:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to the first of april, that will be 2 years since I was at the beach

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  7:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been a regular (2 -3 times a week) at Apollo the last month or so. This was my first experience at a nude beach. In fact at public nudity. I am down here as a 3 month snowbird and coming back next year. Wife actually suggested I try it since I love being nude at home all the time. She did try it once while visiting me this winter down here. Have to say I have enjoyed the experience and a few of the people. Very friendly yet private. By the way...anybody know the older gent that's there everyday and is always first there. He seems to have quite the following of people around him.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  11:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Older Gentleman"....hmmm...not sure. I'm thinking of Charlie who walks the beach a few times each day but he's usually not the first one there.....probably not him.
Only 1 month to go before we arrive at Apollo for a 10 day stay! (May 2-12) Anyone else going to be there then? Has the storm damage to the beach walkway been fixed?

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  04:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This gentleman has grey hair and beard. He doesn't seem to be a threat or anything like that. He just seems to be pretty much known by a lot of people there. I will be leaving next Monday to head back north so I don't know if I'll get there again this week. It's a 60 mile drive from where I'm located now. Reserved a closer location for next year. Didn't see any storm damage anywhere.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved