Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 247 ]  [ Total: 247 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  6:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amp, I'm not sure if there are any southern boundaries. About 1/2 mi. south of the more populated nude area there's a sign that reads something like one's needing a permit to go futher south into the "wild" area. I've seen folks pitch their umbrellas waaaay south of that sign so I'm not sure if its ever enforced.

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  01:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
At the rangers gate you can purchase a BACK COUNTRY PASS $ 2. With the pass you can walk as far as Playalinda nude beach... A short 13 miles... I have done 1/2 way.. LMNAO... and sore feet

jPat

daytonabeachside@yah oo

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  12:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i walked about a quarter mile past the back country sign , yeah i think it said i needed a permit but i was looking for seashells. someday i would like to get a pass and trek maybe ride a bike between apollo and playlinda - yeah 13 miles is a long ways. heck a few times i've had to ride a bike between 4 and 5 and thats only a mile or two and thought i would never get there but it's a small foldup bike with small tires.

Ampfly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  2:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! I will ask for the pass next Sunday. And if you see a dehydrated naked jogger with a red bandana and a thirsty look, offer him a beer! Cheers!

Soleil et sante

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  05:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

i walked about a quarter mile past the back country sign , yeah i think it said i needed a permit but i was looking for seashells. someday i would like to get a pass and trek maybe ride a bike between apollo and playlinda - yeah 13 miles is a long ways. heck a few times i've had to ride a bike between 4 and 5 and thats only a mile or two and thought i would never get there but it's a small foldup bike with small tires.

Back before we started bringing the truck and bikes, I've hoofed it from 4 down to 5 a couple of times and I believe it's 2.3 miles IIRC. At any rate, it's a good walk. Diger and I had a conversation one day about the walk to Playlinda. 13 miles in the sand is a helluva walk. IMO it would have to be done on a day in the fall or spring. Still, I'd love to see the stretch of beach between Apollo & Playlinda.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

hifiguy

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  1:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. New to the site and looking for the latest on Apollo Beach. Wife and I will be in New Smyrna the 28th and 29th. I'm wondering how early we should expect to get to Lot 5 to get a space to park. Thanks for your help.

FlaNudeCpl161
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  6:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Send FlaNudeCpl161 an AOL message  Send FlaNudeCpl161 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hifiguy

Hi. New to the site and looking for the latest on Apollo Beach. Wife and I will be in New Smyrna the 28th and 29th. I'm wondering how early we should expect to get to Lot 5 to get a space to park. Thanks for your help.

WHen does the park open? THat's when you should be there to ensure a spot.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  7:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's true that some folks get there on weekends as early as 6 a.m. but we've been OK when arriving around 7 - 7:30-ish. The earliest arrivers are usually the surf fishermen and they start leaving when the tide goes slack.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  10:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tansailr is rite, 7 - 7:30 on Sat ... 8 - 8:30 on Sun .... 9 - 9:30 through the week. How ever you will find some times the lot will fill sooner.

We just got back from Apollo and had a great time, you will never guess who we saw.

The Gecko from Geico is making his rounds of all the nude beaches and he stoped by to say hello.

Diger

hifiguy

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  10:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tansailr

It's true that some folks get there on weekends as early as 6 a.m. but we've been OK when arriving around 7 - 7:30-ish. The earliest arrivers are usually the surf fishermen and they start leaving when the tide goes slack.

So it sounds like 7 to 7:30 is just fine. Thank you.

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  8:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We usually get there around 7:30ish and have not had any problems. If you have room for a bike, it takes away the worry about getting a spot though. It's a pretty good hike from Lot 4.

hifiguy

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  07:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all for the input. My wife and I spent 3 days at Apollo and enjoyed it immensely. Arriving at just before 8 on Saturday, Lot 5 was full. Fortunately a photographer left just as we were turning around so we got a spot. We came earlier on Sunday and had no problems. Monday the lot never fully filled.

It was the most relaxing 3 days we have spent in a long time. Quiet, not crowded, and nothing man-made against the sky line make Apollo easy to love. We'll be going back whenever we can.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  3:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
, 7 am............Thats why we go to PLayalinda!

Live love and have fun

hifiguy

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  7:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's fine but we like to hit JB's Fish Camp mid-late afternoon on the way out. Nice ending to a very pleasant day and a very short drive from where we stay.

That said either would be nice this weekend. We're in Virginia for Labor Day. :(

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  10:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been here since last Wednesday. The weather has been great with the exception of some evening storms. In addition, we've got to see two rocket launches, including the one tonight. The beach has been great and the water is still in the low 80's. :)

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved