Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 169 ]  [ Total: 169 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  9:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a great forum you folks have. My wife and I are headed down next weekend to stay in NSB. We normally stay in Daytona and make the trip down to Apollo 3 or 4 times during our stay, but since we love it so much, we're going to stay a little closer this time. This will make our 3rd consecutive year going to Apollo, and we've had a great time every trip. The only time we've ever had trouble with parking was on the weekends, but I suppose middle to late May is still considered off season.

The only drawback we've had has been the soft sand, as my wife has a knee that gives her a fit walking in it. We still walk down to the area where there is a sign that says you need a permit to go further and you can see the launch pads, but it really tests her knee. All in all though, we love it. My advice is to take plenty of water, sunscreen, bug spray, a snack or two, and a small umbrella for some shade. We usually won't put our stuff out too close to anyone, but pretty much all the people we've met there are really nice.

Being this is our first time staying in NSB, is there much in the way of local music? We love the blues, and usually make the Wednesday night jam at the Bank in Daytona, but were wondering about any local (or Titusville/further South) blues clubs.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  08:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JD, we're going to be staying for the first time in NSB as well, but in mid-June. From what I've read on the web it looks like Chases on the Beach has nightly entertainment, but of unspecified genre, and it seems to change nightly. You may be going to Daytona Beach for blues. Check out the following sites:

http://www.discoverydaytona.com/nightlife (It has a category for NSB, but no listings)
and
http://www.tripadvisor.com

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  11:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tansailr

JD, we're going to be staying for the first time in NSB as well, but in mid-June. From what I've read on the web it looks like Chases on the Beach has nightly entertainment, but of unspecified genre, and it seems to change nightly. You may be going to Daytona Beach for blues. Check out the following sites:

http://www.discoverydaytona.com/nightlife (It has a category for NSB, but no listings)
and
http://www.tripadvisor.com

We just got back this evening. It was windy as all get out, but we still had a great time. We stayed at the Aloha, just outside the park and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay, especially if you are going to Apollo every day. The beach was great, although a lot of stuff had washed up in the heavy wind driven surf, and the people we encountered were friendly and courteous, as thay always have been. We hope to come back in September this year and stay another week.

NJtoNH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  7:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking of going to Playlinda or Apollo on July 7, 2007. I am gettin goff my plane at around 9:30a and I am going to head to the beach. Does anyone have a recommendations? Apollo or Playlinda? Do you think I will have a parking problem because its a weekend (Saturday) and I won't get there until around 11am? anyone have any thoughts???

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  12:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NJtoNH

I am thinking of going to Playlinda or Apollo on July 7, 2007. I am gettin goff my plane at around 9:30a and I am going to head to the beach. Does anyone have a recommendations? Apollo or Playlinda? Do you think I will have a parking problem because its a weekend (Saturday) and I won't get there until around 11am? anyone have any thoughts???

I would recommend Playalinda. The odds of getting a parking spot in Lot 5 at Apollo on a July Saturday @ 11:00 AM is just about slim to none, with slim heading out of town. That's (a Saturday @ 11:00) is a tough proposition, even in the off season. It's my understanding Playalinda has much more parking.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  07:11:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JD

quote:
Originally posted by NJtoNH

I would recommend Playalinda. The odds of getting a parking spot in Lot 5 at Apollo on a July Saturday @ 11:00 AM is just about slim to none, with slim heading out of town. That's (a Saturday @ 11:00) is a tough proposition, even in the off season. It's my understanding Playalinda has much more parking.

I'd have to agree. I visited Apollo a few years ago and with the beach nearly unpopulated, it was still a full parking lot.

If memory serves me right, you can easily park one parking lot away at Playalinda and easily walk.

NJtoNH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  9:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the input. I have been alittle concerned with Playlinda because of the citation handed out for nudity. Does anyone know how that has been going the season (2007) or last 2006. Should I be concerned???

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  12:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's been years since The county has caused any trouble there. The Rangers will not ticket for simple nudity.

Diger

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  07:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as you stay out of the area marked for you to stay out of!

NJtoNH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  7:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great. You all have been very helpful.

newlynude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  5:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am planning on going to Apollo in August. Please, if anyone has been there this summer, post a report so I can know what to expect. Also, is Playalinda an option for nudity, or should I stay away from there. I will be there all day on a Friday. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks!

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  12:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newlynude

I am planning on going to Apollo in August. Please, if anyone has been there this summer, post a report so I can know what to expect. Also, is Playalinda an option for nudity, or should I stay away from there. I will be there all day on a Friday. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks!

We were there (Apollo) for a week in May, and are going back for a week in September. If you go on a Friday, my advice would be to get there as early as possible due to limited parking. We usually go early, even in the offseason. It will be scorching hot in August (and likely September as well), so be sure and take a cooler with plenty of water/Gatorade, some snacks, an umbrella for a little shade, and good sunscreen. We're big fans of Bullfrog sunscreen because it stays with you in the water. My wife & I love the trips to Apollo. We live 700 miles away in TN. but love making the trip down. If we lived within a couple of hours, I suppose we'd be there once or twice a week.

Barebuns

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  12:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are a new couple in our late 50s to the Florida area, as we are relocating in the Orlando/Daytona are next month. We own an RV Motorhome, which we will store between the beach areas of Apollo & Playalinda at Scottsmoor. We would like meeting other couples in our age group who enjoy saring the nude experiences together. We also are planning several events including visits to Haulover, via RV andwould love those interested to join us. We also welcome some tourist couples as well and will try to help to accomidate them in their visits to Florida.
Billie & Bailey

ike-a

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  11:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife & I visited Apollo beach last year & settled down about 100-150 yds south of the sign. The beach was nearly all shells instead of sand. Does the beach get more sandy farther south. How does the beach itself compare to Playlinda? We're heading back down to FL this Oct. & are making a day trip there again.

Dan

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We spent a week at Apollo in June and didn't see any abundance of shells. The beach was about 99% sand. I've heard from Diger that the beach can change from year to year depending on the nature of the winter weather and currents.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved