Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 471 ]  [ Total: 471 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Dealing with non-supportive friends and family
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Family view regarding nudity around the home Topic Next Topic: Tips for How to Date a Non-Nudist
Page: of 4

Montana

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  5:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my experience honesty is the best policy. My close friends and relatives have always known we were nudists, and it never has caused any problems. Well....except for my over-bearing mother-in-law, that is. But she never liked anything we (or anyone else) did. You know the type, ugly, cackled a lot and rode a broom?

Anyway, being unashamed and up front disarms almost everyone. Plus, it makes life a lot nicer not having to put on an act for those you "imagine" might not like it.

Life is short. Party naked, and free yourself of all those nasty inhibitions!

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  12:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MOntana, I think we had the same mother-in-law!

Just me, Willy

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  2:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I finally broke the news to some of my family members. They were inquiring as to where I was all day Saturday and I dont like to lie, I was at the c/o resort. It took two phone calls to convince my mother I was telling the truth. She thinks its goofy to let other people see you naked. Its funny, seems like most non-nudists think nudism is a giant peep show until they try it. We have one friend that was like that, now she keeps asking when she can come over to our house for some naked time.

I dont think my family is too supportive but Im glad to finally get truth out there. I dont like lying and have never been one for secrets. Now to work it into a conversation with my friends.

Dare to be Bare

tannude

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  3:09:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being newly divorced and back into the dating scene it seems to make the relationships "dicey" at best.Any ideas as to hoe to let somone know you sunbathe nude.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  4:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tannude

Being newly divorced and back into the dating scene it seems to make the relationships "dicey" at best.Any ideas as to hoe to let somone know you sunbathe nude.

Nudism/naturism is more than just sunbathing nude. How about inviting her to join you at a nudist venue and add...this event will have skinnydipping at it. Just a great group of people getting together to relax, eat some food, sip on some beverages, possibly play water volleyball.

Get to know the lady first before you bring up that you'd rather not wear clingy wet swimsuits or have tan lines.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NakedEducator

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  12:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone...

I think my mom knows that I am a true blue nudist. She does not approve of it however. One night while I was staying at her place about four years ago, I chose to sleep nude. When my mom woke up the next morning, she noticed I didn't have anything on me. Her response, "When you go to graduate school in Kansas, you can do whatever you want." I just told her I wouldn't be nude around her ever again.

That's that.. Scott

Scott, the naked educator

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  1:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've decided that for me, personally, the only people who need to know I'm a nudist are the OTHER nudists I see and meet at the nudist facility I go to. Having chatted many times in nudist chatrooms on the internet, I find that an alarmingly small number of "non nudists" have a clue about what the lifestyle is like. They think nudist are "swingers", or voyeurs/exhibitionists, or that they have some perversion in the desire to see children nude.
My experience as a nudist is that you should have two separate and distinct groups of friends, the initiated..and the Non-initiated. As for the "children" at a nudist facility, I put them in only two additional groups...well-behaved and quiet, or ill-behaved and annoying...same as clothed ones.

JustJim

Clark

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  12:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only the very closest members of my family know of my interest in nudism. They told me to see a shrink. I went along with it and talked to the shrink who I hoped would tell them there was nothing wrong with me just because I am interested in nudism. Wrong. The shrink agrees that I'm some kind of nut and wants me to take drugs. I have not been back.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  2:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clark

Only the very closest members of my family know of my interest in nudism. They told me to see a shrink. I went along with it and talked to the shrink who I hoped would tell them there was nothing wrong with me just because I am interested in nudism. Wrong. The shrink agrees that I'm some kind of nut and wants me to take drugs. I have not been back.

Clark, I would gather some AANR and TNS brochures as well as print out the 205 Arguments in support of Naturism you can find at www.naturistsociety.com and deliver them to that shrink. There are also quite a few studies that have been done and Journal articles written by Marilyn Story and published.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Clark

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  2:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who've asked I do not have "other issues" that are being addressed by the shrink. Thank's for your concern. I actually found the whole episode rather funny. She kept asking me if I was depressed and seemed to not want to take "no" for an answer. She also kept asking about my sex life, the old nudity=sexuality thing. She told my wife I would "probably be alright."

Cheri, I'm making my way through the 205 arguments. It's interesting but a pretty long read. Although I agree with the author's thesis, if I were debating the other side I think I could punch a lot of holes in his argument.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  3:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clark

For those of you who've asked I do not have "other issues" that are being addressed by the shrink. Thank's for your concern...
She kept asking me if I was depressed and seemed to not want to take "no" for an answer.

You answered my question. I couldn't figure out what she was going to treat you for. Many people have interests they save for retirement. I'm guessing this isn't what your wife had in mind.

Bob

Clark

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  01:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may be beating a dead horse, but surely I'm not the only one here who has gotten this kind of reaction from their tribe. Or am I?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  01:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First and foremost...there is nothing wrong with you because you are a nudist or like being nude. For a therapist to say so, I think, is not only unprofessional but grounds to have the therapist evaluated!

Second, we haven't told any other family members but our daughters and son in laws. I think the grandchildren got it figured out already. Seems everytime they come to stay, we are naked in our room, closet and such but don't subject them to the nudity for a couple of reasons (their parents concerns that they may say something to other family members or at school).

Our daughters and son in laws have been understanding, supportive and respectful of our nude lifestyle from the beginning. I don't think the rest of our family on both sides will be as understanding and we really don't care what they think anyway.

What's most important is that your significant family members understand why you enjoy it and even if they don't agree or want to participate, they should support and respect your desires to do so.

We wish you luck with this issue and hope that your family can be openminded enough to at least hear you side and try and understand.

Take care Clark,

FP

natravellers
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  08:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Send natravellers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
<sigh> Clark's post shows just how much of a stigma mountain we have to climb.
I'm not sure if we'll ever make it to the top.

j

Wannabe bare naked

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  9:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My family and friends would be non-supportive of my decisions to become nudists,my parents use to make me wear pj's to bed and as a child so they wouldn't approve.My friends would all think that I'm some type of pervert,if I said I wanted to take my clothes of in public.I have one older sibling that knows I do nudism,she also goes skinny dipping occasionally at Sydney beaches.

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Family view regarding nudity around the home Topic Next Topic: Tips for How to Date a Non-Nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.56 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved