Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 159 ]  [ Total: 159 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 What is the relation between religion and nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Christian to help with questions in So Cal. Topic Next Topic: Are Nudism and Sin Related? (continued ...)
Page: of 3

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  2:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm of the opinion that public displays of religious activity at nudist venues are every bit as destructive as public displays of sexual activity -- and usually more so.

That is, overt religious expression should be kept at least as private as overt sexual expression.

Solicitations of a religious nature should be even more discreet than those of a sexual nature.

Swingers, for example, tend to be sensitive to a change of subject and do accept a polite "No, thank you." Proselytizers are almost always much harder to run off.

Let's keep nudism for everyone.

Indeed let's keep nudism for everyone. A typical nudist doesn't care what religion you are, or even whether you are of NO religion.

As for keeping religion private, that is in the Bible in Matthew, "Do not be like those who like to pray on street corners. Do not make a show of your piety." I also think that proselytizing at a nudist venue is of doubtful appropriateness. The persistence of some proselytizers is a turn off.

Instead the way to reach other people for Christ is the way you live your life and not what you say about Christ. Live your life, for instance, by loving your neighbor as yourself and adherence to the ten commandments. However more importantly is a belief in grace that you are forgiven for what you do.

The Bible is neither pro nudism or anti nudism.

Nevertheless the association between religion and some nudists (not all nudists) does intrigue me. I have felt close to God numerous times when naked.

Your body is miraculously God's creation. The Bible also says that your body is God's temple (that's in one of Paul's letters). The feel of the sun and wind on your bare skin can really be spiritually uplifting.

Naturally, Catbird

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  7:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why must you try to reach people for "Christ"? Can't you just leave other people to their own choices? Do you want people trying to reach you for the Most Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster?

You're welcome to believe that YOUR own body is the miraculous creation of some god or other, and that YOUR body is the temple of that or some other god.

But, I think you're out of line to tell me that mine is. Please be so kind as to leave that decision to me.

Unless, of course, you're trying to start a war.

Let's keep nudism peaceful.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  12:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
VLM34,
Jesus Christ called for his believers to go spread his gospel to the world.

I'm sorry your offended but that's what Cristians are called to do and this thread is about the relation between Religion and Naturizm.

Diger

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  12:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Do you want people trying to reach you for the Most Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster?

So I see we have a pastafarian in our midst. Haven't heard about the old Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in a few years. So am I to assume in your opinion the design is far from intelligent. Your profile indicates you live in France. Finally, a truly appropriate use of the quote "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  07:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

VLM34,

I'm sorry your offended but that's what Cristians are called to do and this thread is about the relation between Religion and Naturizm.

Christians are called upon to solicit others for Jesus. Some people are offended by such solicitations.

Swingers are called upon to solicit others for sex. Some people are offended by those solicitations too.

It seems to me that nudists should avoid offending other nudists, especially when at nudist venues.

If you won't stop peddling your Jesus wares, why should swingers stop peddling theirs?

Refrain from soliciting others as you would have others refrain from soliciting you.

It's in The Book!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  8:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
VLM34,
I agree I don't like solocitations myself. One thing I have always done is make friends with people first, then tell them what Jesus has done for me.

Some Christians will beat you over the head with there bible, but thats not what Jesus calls us to do. I will venture to say you won't find that kind of Christian in a Nudist Venue, they are more loving and openminded.

Diger

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  06:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

VLM34,
I agree I don't like solocitations myself. One thing I have always done is make friends with people first, then tell them what Jesus has done for me.

Ah, the stealth technique.

How do you react when your new friend takes advantage of your friendship to tell you what swinging (or Islam or Scientology or Satanism) has done for him?

I have the feeling that we're not making progress here. Why am I not surprised?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  09:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
VLM34,
I have always welcomed someone shareing there beliefs back with me, all we are called to do is plant a seed and the Holy Spirit will do his work. I can not save a person all I can do is share the good news.

If you won 20 million in the lottery, I think you would be on the phone telling friends and family the good news. Christians are just sharing their good news, but the bible says you will think it's foolishness. Thats why it takes the drawing of the Holy Spirit and a step of faith on your part.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Diger

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  01:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Digger, I think VLM's original point was that there is no connection between nudism and religion.
. One could make the case also that one does not prevent the other. While we ought not use religion (of any stripe) to defend or support naturism, neither can we use religion to disclaim naturism. Likewise, we cannot use naturism to disclaim religion. Since, as VLM posits, the one is not connected to the other, we ought nt expect any more (nor less) opportunity for prosletyzing among naturists than among textiles.
Neither do I expect stamp collectors to preach to me or not to preach to me.

Philately yours,
the Ol' Hippie

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  1:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by old hippie

Digger, I think VLM's original point was that there is no connection between nudism and religion.

Correct, they're orthogonal.

However, I've tried to make another point: We all know there's a highly divisive culture war going on in the United States, and we all know what the bones of contention are. It's a very long list.

If nudism is ever to thrive, nudists must not let themselves be split asunder. To achieve that, the culture warriors among us need to cool it at nudist places and cool it with other nudists no matter the location.

That's not to say that contentious topics are off limits, but they should be broached and elabortated upon only with great caution.

It is to say that we should all drop a contentious topic at the first sign of disinterest.

Why can't we all resolve to get along?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  4:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VLM, Do you have any problem with an announced religious service at a nudist venue such as when Travelites hosted a Passover seder. Those who wanted could attend, others were invited, no one was forced. There are some nudist parks that offer a Sunday morning worship service. You can attend or not.

I happened to be a nudist as I live my life as well as a Jewish individual, but my religion is something private, between me and God.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  02:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

VLM, Do you have any problem with an announced religious service at a nudist venue .... Those who wanted could attend, others were invited, no one was forced.

1. If the invitation is on a bulletin board, no problem at all. If individials are personally urged to attend, I would regard that as intrusive.

2. If the service is held in a private place, such that those who aren't interested (or who disapprove) can't see or hear, I see no problem at all.

Cheri, as I said before, religious activity is just like sexual activity. There's no reason to object as long as invitations aren't pushy and the activity itself is kept out of sight.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  10:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am with Cheri on ths one and in particular to the second para of her reply of 26/06/08 (sorry folks, I am English so I quote the day before the month). I also am of the Jewish faith and our religion does not force its theology and its laws upon anyone or looks actively for converts. We live our lives, hopefully in a decent way and respect all other religions. Some of us enjoy the lifestyle of nudism/ naturism and that is between us as individuals and the Eternal One.

Nobody has the right to force religion down another's throat which seems to happen far too often amongst certain factions, but most certainly not all of the Christian religion.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  3:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

VLM34,

Diger

I don't agree that religion is to be as private as sex. But I do agree that the Bible is neither for or against naturism.

That Jesus Christ called for his believers to go spread his gospel to the world -- that is equally applicable to both the textile world and the naturist world. It is more appropriate in the textile world.

Being that I have felt close to God while naked, I feel compelled to share that; however not when somebody isn't interested. Saying "not interested" should turn off the proselytizer.

If the proselytizer persists, walk away from him. In case of persistence, I think he has the sin of self-righteousness. I myself don't like persistence.

Naturally, Catbird

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  12:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catbird

[quote][i] I don't agree that religion is to be as private as sex.

Which religion? Yours or those you find abominable?

Do you understand that many others find your religion abominable?

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Christian to help with questions in So Cal. Topic Next Topic: Are Nudism and Sin Related? (continued ...)  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.42 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved