Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Are you open or a closet nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?
Page: of 10

papapalmesdixon
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  12:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Send papapalmesdixon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am in a job that requires a security clearance and most, if not all, of my co-workers know that I am a nudist. All of my family knows and are OK with it. ( Mike's a nut, but harmless.) I put it on the form for the security check and told the investigator so they know. The thing they look out for is if you are trying to hide something. If you are open about it, you can't be blackmailed or subject to extortion. People who hide it are a security risk. If "Big Brother" doesn't care, why should you worry about anyone else?

MikeD

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  5:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose I am an "open closet" nudist.I am in the closet with the door open.I don't go around advertising the fact,but if anyone found out,or the subject ever comes up in a conversation,i am open and honest in my responses.

I aint doing anything wrong,therefore i have nothing to hide.

Naturally KIWI

rickblaine
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  8:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm a closet nudist...since I'm a home nudist...only a few friends know.

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  07:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm basically a "closet nudist" because I've never told my family (parents or brother) nor have I told my aunt and uncle (with whom I live during the school year).
However, during my spring break nude getaway last year there were a total of 9 of us (femeales) who were all nude together for 5 days at Orient Beach, so obviously a few of us on campus here are aware of who the other 8 are!
I wouldn't mind telling anyone except I doubt my parents would believe that I went nude for 5 days without forsaking my morals and there's no need to give them cause to lose sleep.
I guess if I sum it all up, I'm not personally the least bit ashamed or embarrassed about being a nudist but it's not something I need to "announce".
Those who "need to know" are those who went with me to Orient Beach.
If someone asked me if I had ever been to a nude beach, I'd be comfortable telling them "yes" without hesitation. It's much the same as if someone asked me my religion, my political party, etc..I would be forthcoming about that as well.

Ash

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  12:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we are somewhere in the middle, closer to open nudist. Our grown daughters and their husbands know. Most all my co-workers know. Anyone that asks about where we vacation I tell them but I don't broadcast the fact that we are nudists to the world.

If asked about it, I will willing tell anyone about our nudist lifestyle. At times I wear my Club Orient t-shirts, my "happiness is no tan lines t-shirt and my golf naked t-shirt. This is when people ask me questions and I tell them all about it.

islandman
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  3:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess you could say that we are home nudists. Although I might work in the yard nude (when it's warmer), mostly I'm nude indoors. I'm not sure what my neighbors would think. I read recently of a man who was prosecuted for washing his car in the nude. I guess he could be seen from the street. I read of another case where a woman was prosecuted for sunbathing nude in her own fenced backyard. I don't know what the outcome of the first case was but the second was definately dismissed. I'm curious how the woman was seen. They should have prosecuted the one peeking through the fence.
Anyway, we have been to a couple nude beaches and one nude resort. We hope to get to Playalinda in Florida next weekend. Never been there.

nudenwv
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  9:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Send nudenwv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i would have to say closet. as far as family knowing and close friends. although friends would not be surprised. living in the city not much chance of going outside,although i've sat nude on the porch with blinds down.my wife gives a signal if someone approaches! we have traveled to a nudist lodge and enjoyed being with like minded people. we just don't want all that fuss with family!

nude and smooth in the mountain state

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  4:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read the posting by Islandman in which he mentioned that a woman had been arrested for sunbathing nude in her own yard surrounded by a privacy fence! Fortunately the case was dismissed, but it reminded me of a joke if you want to hear it: A woman was in court testifying that the man next door would exercise totally nude each night in his bedroom and she saw him through her own bedroom window at night. The man's lawyer said, "His bedroom window is higher than your bedroom window....you can't really see him below his waist from your bedroom." To which she said indignantly, "You can if you stand on a chair!"

Ash

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  8:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm about the middle of the road. I don't advertise it but my family knows both my immediate family and my mom, dad and brothers and sisters know. Some of my close personal friends know and a few of the guys I work with know. But I don't spread it around to much at work. I have often wondered what it would be like to encounter somone I know from my non-nude life at a nude beach or a club. In the begining it kind of scared me, now I am wishing that it would happen as it would give me something to talk to them about.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  10:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ash,

Another funny joke!

There was another story on the boards over a year ago about an older woman who called the cops on her male neighbor that was always doing things in his backyard naked.

When the cops questioned her she stated, "I've been watching him for a week and he's always out there naked for hours.

rickblaine
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny jokes.....nudists, even closet nudists do have a sense of humor.....

bklyn

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  6:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a closet nudist for sure.

Living in NYC that can mean a lot of things. I go to Lighthouse Beach and am around other people... I guess I am a fearful that I am going to be judged by co-workers or friends, which is not a typical attitude for me. I wonder why I am so fearful? I am 25 (married for 4 years) and my wife doesn't even know that when I take a day off work to go to the beach that I am going nude.

I sunbathe enough that my tanlines remain intact so noones the wiser...

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  9:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am guardedly open about my nudism. That is to say, my good friends know, my co-workers know, but I would only nude in front of them with their consent. I am not going to showup at a friends' BBQ naked if its not appropriate for the occasion. But swimming, beaching, if we are in a cool place, I give a warning first, and then lookout!!LOL!
When you think about it, the places that allow nudism are places I would only attend with friends of a like mind, so the point is moot. Nude when possible, clothed when practical.
Red

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  4:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Redbeard,

Welcome to the forum. Also your views and comments are apprciated.

Chic

nudecampin

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  6:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently somewhere in between. My wife knows and my grown children also know. I haven't really talked about it with my friends. If I am nude outdoors it's on my own back deck or in a secluded campsite somewhere. I plan to try and get out to some resorts this summer though.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved