Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 150 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Are you open or a closet nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?
Page: of 10

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  10:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good friends get told, casual aquaintances don't, unless they appear somehow especially receptive. Not kept hidden, but not pushed forward aggressivrly, either

southernude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  01:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Growing up around nudist camps since I can't remember when, am definitely open about it. In fact our whole immediate family is very open about it, even to their employers and co-workers. My wife became a nudist about 31 years ago when we first started dating, and now she tells the whole world and her family knows too. Our daughters are just like us, being raised in a nudist environment, they will let anyone know who will listen and are quite proud of it.

Mnstnz
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  09:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Mnstnz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was a closet nudist for a long time. Have decided now its not to be hidden anymore. I was always afraid someone would be offended if they found out. Ended up making me offended for hidding it. So now I will tell anyone and made sure I posted pics with my face, I think we should be just as open nude as people are clothed.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  5:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I have said both mine and my husbands famlies are pretty much all nudists. Of course our own daughters are what I would call"full blown nudists". Most of their friends are at minimum nude friendly. Im happy to say our family will never know "closet nudism".

Jenn

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  6:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I consider myself to be an open naturist, I don't try to hide my lifestyle interests, but on the other hand I don't go around shouting it from the tree tops. I work in construction, and its not really the best thing to have known on site, those guys can be merciless sometimes.

Pete Knight

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  6:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband works in constuction too,but he is the boss..so I doubt anyone would give him a hard time,lol! Not to mention several of the guys on his crew and their families are nudists themselves.

Jenn

Mike2Nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  9:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I can be called a semi-open closet nudist. I'm nude at home most of the time around the wife and kids. My wife doesn't care, but hasn't joined in yet. No one else knows outside of the house, until our 4 year old tells someone...he wouldn't do that would he? Nah...
Mike

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  2:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have never taught them any different, it is my experience that children dont distinguish being naked as much as you would think they do. Some, like our girls were, are very outgoing and might just strip down at a neighbor's house thinking "whats the big deal". (At one time or another all three of our daughters did this) You simply explain to them that "we have to wear clothes..here". My concern for you,Mike2nude would be your wife's non-particpation in being nude at home. Does she impose those hang-ups on your children, or is it just her. If she doesnt like to be nude,thats fine I suppose. Although, I cant imagine not enjoying being nude. I just worry about one parent being a nudist and one not-- in regards to the children,and what message it sends them regarding nudity in general. If your ouse is nude friendly though thats good enough for me.

Jenn

Mike2Nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  8:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All Natural...
I understand your thoughts on the possible conflict messages (between parents) about nudity. My wife doesn't hide her nudity from the kids, showers, checking on them in the middle of the night, etc.. she just doesn't want to be cold around the house. Personally, I rarely get cold around the house.

Mike

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  8:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a funny story!

My wife, Mrs Cookie, and I were visiting my sister in Florida, and there was a sign off to the side of the road for directions for one of the many nudist resorts in Fla.

My Brother in Law came out with so many wise cracks in a matter of 2 minutes.

He went on and on, and Mrs Cookie and I just laughed.

Little did they know that when we were leaving them, we were heading right to that site.

My family would S--- a brick if they knew about our favorite hobby.

We are are not here for a long time, so let's make it a good time.

Cookie

JoMulholland
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  9:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoMulholland's Homepage  Send JoMulholland a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I parked my car, near the path to Werrong Beach, south of Sydney, a few years ago. Headed up the path and caught up with a young couple, just near the two signs. One pointing up the track for the bushwalkers. The other to the nude beach, way down below.

The young lady looked rather familiar. I would not have been surprised if she was an ex-student, from many years earlier.

The young man joked about the nudies who went down THAT path. Then we parted and I went down that path.

quote:
Originally posted by Cookie

My Brother in Law came out with so many wise cracks in a matter of 2 minutes.

He went on and on, and Mrs Cookie and I just laughed.

Naturism is for every body.
See you at River Island.

Edited by - JoMulholland on 10/04/2006 9:27:11 PM

anc35228
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  02:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit anc35228's Homepage  Send anc35228 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm.. i guess closet nudist. Not too many people know we do what we do. It is something we are exploring since we are both new to it. At the same time, We don't know how close family or friends may think. Baby steps....

soak in the rays!!.. :)

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  3:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anc35228, just enjoy your nudism. If others find out, so be it but you don't have to shout it from the rooftops. We have been naturists since 1977 and some of our friends know but others don't. We don't purposely hide in the closet but unlike some who have a large circle of nudist friends we don't.

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  5:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little of both I guess. My girlfriend and I both sleep nude and lounge around the house nude when we're alone. We don't do so around her daughter. Children of divorce raise other issues pertaining to non-custodial parents wishing to find ammunition to use against you. My biker friends know because, well, they've either participated in the skinny dipping outings or watched. My sister and her husband join in. The rest of the family and my coworkers don't know. Unless I run into them this summer when I try the resort. Then I guess we'll just have one more thing to talk about.

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  2:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would consider myself a closet nudist. As I mentioned in other topics on this board,I have a secluded area at my acreage for tanning nude. Ive been to wreckbeach in vancouver a few times,but I dont consider that to be open. The people that I was with at the time wanted to tour downtown vancouver,so I just said,go ahead,Ill see you later. Off to wreck beach! I am trying to figure out a way of broaching this subject with people. Maybe Ill just bring up the subject of wreckbeach or whatever. If more people were open about it, the nudist revolution would expand.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved