Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Are you open or a closet nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?
Page: of 10

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  12:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like many of you I was a closet nudist for a long time before I decided to go to a nude club. My wife who passed away last year knew about and accepted my predilection for being nude, but didn't show much interest in sharing the experience. I enjoyed my first visit to the club so much that I quickly joined. Since then I have had to consider whether or not to reveal my new lifestyle to others. I'm retired, so I don't have the issue of coworkers or an employer to worry about, and my parents have both passed away, so I don't have to consider what they might have thought if I told them, but like everyone else there are a number of relatives, friends, and acquaintances who must be dealt with.

Initially I told only my two adult stepdaughters, with whom I'm quite close, and a very few friends. Everyone's reaction was almost identical. They'd ask, "You did what?" followed by a nervous laugh. After I convinced them that I was serious they were quick to accept what I was saying. I made it a point to note that I believed there was nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, and no one ever disagreed. Since then I have given a lot of thought to the subject and I've concluded that if there truly is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about then there really is no reason to try to conceal the fact that I'm a nudist.

Soon after I adopted this position I bought a polo shirt with my club's name and logo displayed on it. I started wearing it to meetings of other organizations to which I belong and out in public in order to see what kind of reaction it might provoke. So far I'm aware of only one individual who has reacted to it, and he never said anything to me about it.

Since then I've had occasion to tell some other friends, and not one has found my revelation at all disturbing. Most don't even seem to be surprised.

I think our fears about having our somewhat unusual lifestyle revealed are very much overblown. I think there is probably a lot more acceptance of our lifestyle than is generally believed. I believe for the most part not many people really care. I suppose it makes an interesting subject for conversation for a short period of time among those who are ignorant about nudism when they learn that I enjoy "running around naked" with other people, but none of that really makes any difference to me. I also believe that if we were more open about who we are and made our presence more apparent to the textile world we would gain even more acceptance. I'm certain that the number of nudists, and others who will readily tolerate nudism is much larger than the people who might condemn us realize.

It will be interesting to learn how effective the $2 bill campaign in Pasco County Florida was. Many of you probably don't know about this, but a couple of months ago the nude resorts there started including $2 bills in the change they gave their customers whenever possible. A local bank acquired a large supply just for this campaign. The idea was that the bills would show up at other merchants revealing the extent to which nudists impact the local economy. I thought it was a great idea. A columnist in one of the local newspapers even wrote a column about it. I left before I learned what the results were. Anyone have any information about it?

coveresid
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  01:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a closet nudist to most of the people around me, but do enjoy getting outdoors and being nude. I am usually by myself and for many years would hurry and cover-up if someone came around. Recently I have decided to just enjoy nudism more and am finding more times to slip out of clothing. I have become more comfortable of nudism in a social enviornment and won't hesitate to join in at a hot spring with others that are there. I have even started to be the first to take off my clothes just because I want to enjoy nudism as much as possible. I have been able to go to a clothing optional beach a few times and enjoyed that. I talked to my wife about going and she flat out refused and said never. So I don't go there. But we have enjoyed some nudism together at home or on vacation recently when it is just the two of us. I have found this week I have found some time to be nude every day which has been fun. Look forward to summer coming and the chance to take advantage of more nudism time.

smoothskin
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  10:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately not all people are open-minded enough - in many areas...
If I am asked about, I'll mostly tell, but I don't want to wear the
"I am a nudist" T-shirt all the time. Well, if I feel that somebody's
kind of interested or reluctant, I carefully try "help" a little, but
don't push anybody really. Sometimes it helps to spontaneously go
with some "textiler" to a CO beach and just "forget" my swimwear,
and the surrounding nudity convinces the person :-)

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  2:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm an open nudist, as I said my brothers, sisters, and myself grew-up running around the farm nude. So of course my family knows, as do most if not all of my friends.

The first thing I do when I get home is to take off my dress. Lot's of time regardless of the weather I'll take my dress of and just drive to work nude.

Speaking of work, most of my co-workers also know that I am a nudist, and that unless they want a "surprise" that they need to let my secretary announce them. As I usually slip out of my dress at least for a little while. While I'm at work.

My friends also know that when I go over to their homes that I am going to go nude as well. They don't mind and it's lead to some of those answering the door nude dares. And the shocked looks on some of their faces when I do.

You'd think that the fact that I'm comfortable in my own skin and not need cloths on even at their place would be a clue. That I'm going to answer the door nude.

Sally

mugwert
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  5:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably closer to a closet nudist, I am just discovering the life style, but my wife isn't too sure about it yet. She thinks that 'real women' don't go around naked, although the 1st time she tried getting nude at a clothing optional hot spring, she said that she liked it. Guess we will enjoy it as we can and maybe find someone to get together with to expand our horizons.

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  8:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can't be proud of who or what you are you shouldn't be it. I used to be a closet nudist but then I made a decision to go public. The feeling of being free as opposed to living in the closet is like night and day. Those that don't accept me for who I am are the ones who lose. As for me, I am a winner because I can walk with my head held high.

Cathy

later
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  8:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a nudist is enjoying life san-cloths. I don't hide my nudism, but I don't take out ads in the local paper to tell all. Enjoying a nude life style is what I want, if you don't like it...SO. I/We have nothing to hide. The idea pervails that we have something to hide, for fear of I don't know what, it's silly. If you are comfortable being nude, then be nude. Maybe I've enjoyed the nudism for to long, but hiding the fact just appears to me that most have not become comfortable with their own nudity yet. "Hey if you can't rap your head around it how to you expect other to understand it."

nudeboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  06:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a closet nudist and i don't tell people about my preferences for swimming and laying out nude.My wife hates the sun and the sea and my kids are indifferent. Consequently I go to swim by myself and meet up with the same summer nudists year after year and we have a few laughs and enjoy the summer swimming naked.My lack of tanline has probably been noticed but I have not had any comments from my wife or kids about that.I live in Malta.

nudeboy..
because its how I was born

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  10:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All my family know and I am going to make an effort to let more of my friends know. I would like to be completley open about it to the extent that I don't have to hide it at all however I don't hink I will be answering the door nude anytime soon. I just think I need to keep a few things confidential.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  11:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty open about it, I think, though I don't feel compelled to tell everyone who comes along.

On the question of answering the door, I know a couple of people who are okay with it; I keep a bathrobe handy should anyone else drop by. (The woman running for the state legislature last fall, you may be sure, got the bathrobe treatment.)

Asianaturist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  03:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Asianaturist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one foot outside and one foot inside the closet, I guess.
My wife knows, and she told her conservative Taiwanese relatives, who have never broached the topic with me personally - so far.
My mother - who belongs to a more conservative, Catholic generation back home in Europe - knows I used to go to nude beaches in Europe, but doesn't really know I still am a naturist.
I never told anyone at my previous workplaces or any friends, because I don't believe in pushing the topic at them myself. I think that would provoke more of a backlash than anything else. But if they came up with it first, I certainly would talk positively about naturism, and if they asked me if I was a naturist, then I certainly wouldn't lie.
It's all a matter of context, if the topic comes along, I will mention it, if not, I'll stay away from it. It's just like one's political opinions.

Asia ... As Naked As Possible
http://asianaturist.blogspot.com

chif505

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  01:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im closet nudist wright now trying to get my wife to be more open
chuck

Edited by - Moderator on 03/01/2008 12:22:45 PM

prism2525
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  5:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shut-down nudist here. Malta is too small a country to even dare to mention it unless you really don't give a damn about what ppl think about you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"If God had intended mankind to run around naked, surely we'd have been born that way!"

oh, wait.... :D

mado86

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see mado86's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm closet,i think. Only twice that i was topless on the beach with my mates, i haven't told my friends about nudist

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  09:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an interesting topic for me right now. I grew up a closet nudist because my family was anything but open to nudism so as a kid and teen I would practice my love of naturism alone in the woods or when no one was home. When I married at 25 I soon learned that my wife was not interested and it all became repressed until recently after I lost her to cancer. So I am sitting here now nude and alone. I don't want to be a closet nudist but to the people I have got to know over the last 32 years, I am certainly not known or thought of as a nudist. One of my wives sisters called me last week and asked what I was doing. I said I was laying out in the sun. She asked, "shirt off" and I paused and she said "hello". I said, "actually I am nude. I think I've discovered I am a nudist." She said that she thought that was fine and even talked about her, her husband and son swimming nude at a beach in Hawaii where they live. So I think I will just let it out a little a a time. I also recieved my TNS membership card and the decals that can be put on my truck. I am debating if I put one on.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved