Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 414 ]  [ Total: 414 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

Cindiee

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  08:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have told our kids, well, we made them aware of it that we are nudists. WE thought, rather than making a big deal about it, sitting them down, etc, we just gradually talked about it, were more open in front of them, and basically expanded a bit more on subsequent discussions or visits (they no longer live at home). For instance, when we stayed at the hotel and one of the kids had their spouse with them (we had a door in between the rooms), when we got up and took a shower, we were nude, but made it look like it is the normal thing to do, no matter who is in the room with us.
Friends, we talk about being nude when we travel and visit nudist resorts.
cindiee

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think you did it right Cindee, sometimes a gradual aproach is better for them. You don't want to come out and flaunt your nudity, or shock them, but more are less let them feel comfortable with you, and they will see why you enjoy it.

Kim =^.^=

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindy and Kim,

I like and agree with your way you apporched the subject... Simplicity is the key to succes... Keep it simple...

cheers & peace

Corasol

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  6:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindiee welcome.

irishred

Gabemonster
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  11:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all my friends or coworkers know. Some of my family, all my imediat family, parents, sister, and mother in-law know. I have gone skinny-dipping at my wives family reunion. I did it just for fun and no one was offended, they thought it was funny. My problem with my job, since nudism is mainly misunderstood, it could be hard for me to do my job if many people found out. But I don't go out of my way to hide it either. I'm usally nude at home weather permitting. The house I live in is poorly insulated and drafty. I'm trying real hard to catch up to conversations because I am new. This is a great site and I look foward to chatting with you all.

Gabe

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Gabemonster. You are right in that not everyone looks at nudism the same way. I had a problem at a former job when some people found out I was a nudist. All of a sudden the guys started hitting on me because they thought I was easy. I think you are doing right in letting those that are close to you know.

Kim =^.^=

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gabe and Kim,

I agree with both of you... Don't hide it but don't broadcast in anywhere....

Life style his personnal... If someone ask you... "You look so happy and full of energy?... What is your secret...?" , depending of how the question or the circomstance... you can answer slowly ( without to much detail ) and watch the reaction...

Be your own judge...

cheers & peace

Corasol

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  4:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right about that Corasol.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  01:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Because nudity is looked upon by society as being at a minimum abnormal, if not obscene (just look at our laws), the majority of people see our nudist life style as being perverted and/or sexual.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  05:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your right Chic, and a lot of people give them fuel for that fire too.

Kim =^.^=

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  6:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a guy tells women he's a nudist, they think he's a pervert. If a woman tells men she's a nudist, they think she's a slut and is easy. Damned if you do on both accounts. Recently made friends with a lady. Am holding off telling her until I get to know her better. She's very religious and so I don't know how she'd take it. Ex-wife was also very religious but was OK with it. Don't want to enter a new friendship and say, "Hi, I'm David and I'm a nudist." Either the door would be slammed in my face, she'd ask questions about it, or she'd say "Wow, so am I.". Best to hold off until we get to know each other better.

Gabemonster
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  11:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys,
Just wanted to tell you all this is the best goup on the net about nudism I haave found. None of my yahoo groups are this active I look foward to adding to this group. YALL ROCK.

Gabe

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  01:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sailordave your absolutely right. Society thinks nudists are a bunch of perverts. We have to do our best to educate society like not being openly sexual in public. Just because were nude, doesn't me were having sex. Probably the best way to approach your girl friend is a little at a time, just slowely work up to it. Find out where her comfort zone is. Once she understands how you approach nudity, she may be more comfortable with it.

Kim =^.^=

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  04:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank Kim...
You are right when you say "Society thinks nudists are a bunch of perverts"...."We have to do our best to educate society like not being openly sexual in public".

I say it's true, " We might be different ... but we're not naive or stupid..."

Its the reason why when (sometime) a new member post a message with lots of ambiguity, I have the tendency to think that its one of them.... so I re-act to assure myself if what he writes correspond to our (sincere way of thinking)...

It's often délicate to respond to someone we don't know
(We only have his profile as reference) specially when the subject is not clear or sometime sounds kinky or odd....

Then I ask myself.. "are they sincere or are they trying to bring us on a pervert discussion?"

Wanting to be always polite (like all of us) some of our (or my) answers could sound or be interpreted as a accusation.... but its not or it's never the case...

I've read or seen posters (you all remember) that after some of our reactions got eliminated by our moderator...

Again I say '' We maybe different but not naive or stupid''

cheers & peace...

Corasol

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  05:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know what you are saying Corasol. Its like when somebody posts, "Why can't I have an erection at a nude beach or club if I want to?" You explain to them that it is not polite, and that it doesn't happen that often, and they still argue with you. The group of nudist friends we have at the club and the beach feel the say way. We have to perserve why little freedom we have as nudists. It will probably be some nudist want to be that screws the whole thing up for the rest of us that try to abide by the laws. Look at the legislation in the US, Virginia and Washington state where they are trying to pass laws against nudism. We need to show society that we are good stewards of nature, take care of our beaches and forests, and work with local authorities, not abunch of perverts that want to be explicitly open in public.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved