Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Do co-workers know? If so, how do they respond?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something
Page: of 7

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  6:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, You might consider visiting one of the nudist parks or nonlanded clubs in your area to enjoy a wonderful lifestyle more often.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Runner
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do not make it public that we are nudists. After we know somebody and we feel comfortable we will let it out if it comes up. None of our friends that know we are nudists have ever really came out and said they cannot believe we do that or that they are interested. The subject has come up at work several times but I have never admitted to anybody that we are. I do tell them we are heading to St Martin and will be staying on the French side. What I am saying is that where I live and work my neighbors and coworkers I think know but all respect our choice.

Rich

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  12:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do not tell co-workers we are nudists, unless they are close friends. I don't follow why you would tell someone about your activities unless they some how brought the subject up. Even then I'd want to get a good read on them before I opened up about our private activities. They would have to show a real interest in nudism, and bring the subject up more then once, before I would jump in with both bare feet. I just don't think every man and his dog needs to know your a nudist. Like it or not, lots of people look at us as perverts, right or wrong, and will never understand us.

seapro
Forum Member

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  3:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a few people where I work that are nudists. No one at work was aware I was a nudist until this past weekend. I was at a local nudist resort and happened see two people that I work with. If some of my other co-workers find out that I am a nudist and ask questions about the nudist lifestyle I will explain to them why I choose to be a nudist.

Stay bare and stay smoooooth

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  11:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prairie nude
Like it or not, lots of people look at us as perverts, right or wrong, and will never understand us.

I have to disagree with you there. I think most people are curious about nudism and that is their first reaction - not that nudists are perverts. We treat the subject the same as if we were members of a tennis or golf club. We tell people we go to nudist clubs and nude beaches and are nude at home. We don't preach the subject to people nor do we try to "convert" anyone but if any person asks what we did over the weekend we are happy to tell them we went to the nudist club or on a nude cruise. In 30 years and many different jobs and work places I've never had anyone think I was a pervert after telling them I was a nudist.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  5:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll admit the term "pervert" is a little strong. Yes I agree there are lots of people who are interested in nudity and would like to try it at least once, other then in the safety of their homes, but you have to know that their are many, many people who think our life style is weird all the way to us being perverts. And do I talk to people who show a true interest, you bet. The more there are the more main steam nudist will become. All I'm saying is walking up to every Tom ,Dick or Harry and saying "Hi I'm so and so and I'm a nudist" leaves you open to alot of crap you don't need.

Edited by - later on 04/29/2005 5:35:38 PM

FliteRisque
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  8:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can guarantee you that none of my co-workers have a clue what I do with my spare time or what I wear or don't wear to the beach! I wouldn't dare invite that kind of conversation to open up with a group who feel sexual harassment is a "company benefit" rather than a forbidden activity.

Suzanne

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  9:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FliteRisque

I can guarantee you that none of my co-workers have a clue what I do with my spare time or what I wear or don't wear to the beach! I wouldn't dare invite that kind of conversation to open up with a group who feel sexual harassment is a "company benefit" rather than a forbidden activity.

Suzanne

Wow, that's a strong statement! I know some places are more lenient about it, while other places are stricter about political correctness -but what kind of group would feel that sexual harassment was a "company benefit"?

FliteRisque
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  7:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work for an airline, and the statement is not only strong, it's accurate.

Suzanne

Runner
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  8:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work for a major construction company and they really don't care what I do in my time off as long as it does not interfere with my work. You just need to be careful who you are working around/with some will care and others will not.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  8:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agrees with suzanne, airline industry women are often considered to be no more than courtesans of the airline and comments i have heard on flights , as well as the groping, would be unacceptable anywhere else.

so if people knew suzanne was a nudist, she'd be subjecting herself to more grief than she already has to take,

in this politically sensitive time, i am very careful about who i mention my lifestyle to, but i make no secret about it to my friends, and just say its part of who i am.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know anything about the flight industry so I won't begin to tell anyone how to do their job. I will say that I work in a job that isn't very understanding of anything different than mainstream America. that being said I have been able to trust one or two of my co-workers with my interest in nudism. A few of them have admitted they also enjoy nudity at remote beaches etc. No one I have trusted to tell about my activities has ever embaressed me or made a big deal out of it. I think it's all about learning who you can trust and who you can't.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  01:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Suzanne-

Have there ever been any sexual harrasment suits against your company?

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  9:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

agrees with suzanne, airline industry women are often considered to be no more than courtesans of the airline and comments i have heard on flights , as well as the groping, would be unacceptable anywhere else.

Calmnude,
As a former airline employee and admitted attorney I can tell you that while certain comments you may have heard as well as groping may be more common in the airlines than in some other venues, they are certainly not acceptable behavior there (or anywhere else). Certainly I understood what Suzanne was talking about when she replied to my earlier post (I would not have mentioned my nudism to co-workers when I was an airline employee), but there are still lines which aren't allowed to be crossed -even in the airlines.

JohnnyBnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  05:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've learned from past experiences to not date a co-worker, or let people at work know too much about my private life. Work for me, is a place to make a living, not a social event. Most places of employment turn out to be active "rumor mills". I share info about being a nudist only to closest friends. I would love to be able to "shout it from the rooftop", but living in a small community, social nudity is still considered unacceptable behavoir. Don't think things are going to change much in my lifetime. I have several resorts, and a couple of nude beaches close by. I live in Fl., and have been a member of Cypress Cove for about 10yrs. So I have plenty of opportunity to share my lifestyle with like-minded people.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved