Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Do co-workers know? If so, how do they respond?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something
Page: of 7

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  11:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was working everyday with co-workers, I didn't make a point of telling them that I was a nudist. I did run into a co-worker and his companion at our nude beach but no big deal, we were all naked. We had a nice conversation at the beach, but at work we didn't start talking in front of others about nudism. I don't see any need to tell co-workers.

flexus42
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  08:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit flexus42's Homepage  Send flexus42 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I refrain from discussing my personal life at work. My co-workers don't know although it wouldn't be difficult for them to find out with a Google search. I've discussed my thoughts and experiences concerning nudism on my personal blog which is accessible to nearly anyone. If any of them have come across my blog, they know but none have every made any mention of it. Now, if someone at work brought up the subject of nudism, I'd share my opinions and knowledge. If in that discussion, it came out that I was a nudist, I don't think it would be a big deal.

Rick

"Nakie is good. Nakie is free. Nakie is...NAKIE!"

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  11:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's too bad, but a common theme in these posts seems to be "compartmentalization". I am a good example. I have my nudie friends, my co-workers, and my textile friends ... and there is virtually no overlap between those three groups. It irks me sometimes, but that's just how it is. Sure, some of my textile friends have gone skinny-dipping on camping trips and such, but the idea of a long, expensive trip to a nudist resort would strike them as ridiculous. They know we've been to a nude beach or two, but I don't bother discussing Eden Bay or Hidden Beach; there's no point. I am not interested in 'converting' anyone, and I don't want my C/O activities to become a focal point for my textile friends. (They already think I'm strange enough!) My work environment (the Operating Room) is already intense and intimate enough without the added issue of nudity thrown in - again, a pointless distraction. Maybe one day it won't matter, but that day is not yet here.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  1:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my previous company I had dropped my nudist club card from my wallet and a colleague picked it up. Need less to say it did not take long for collegues to start the "nudge nudge, wink wink" comments. I just braved it out and as with all minority interests that don't fall into the mainstream that I participate in, I just said, don't knock it until you have tried it. Soon the comments ceased and we just carried on regardless.

JustSomeGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  3:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's anyone's business what I do during my off time, and as I mentioned in another post I don't think being naked is a hobby and certainly doesn't warrant being brought up out of the blue. I can't remember the last time that I was having a casual conversation at work where anything remotely close to being a nudist was an appropriate direction for the topic to steer toward. I sure as hell wouldn't ever point the conversation there.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  7:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me to be a very sad commentary on society in general that we have to adopt such a defensive posture regarding our preferred lifestyle. Few of us find that we can be open and honest about it with our friends and co-workers. Mostly we feel it is necessary to keep our nudism hidden from the public. It is as if we were embarrassed or ashamed of it.

We have allowed ourselves to be put in this position because we lack the political power to prevent it. If ever there was an oppressed minority, we are it.

Just my two cents,
Bill

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  10:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The staff where I provided tech support knew I was a social nudist but I didn't know they all knew. Only one had demonstrated awareness. She was the most proper, straight laced lady there. When she saw my tee shirt with a nudist motiff she grabbed me by the arm, pulled me close and dragged me down the hall as she giggled. I later gave her the tee shirt. I invited her and her family to participate in a Clothing Optional 5K Run or Walk Race. She declined but was amused by the event and my participation.

Best Wishes, Jim

crenshawjm
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  3:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in 98 when i went a lot, a few co-workers asked me how i got such a tan so i told them i go to Rock Haven Lodge, ever time i get a chance. some would ask how i do that, other used to joke at me about it. but none have taken up nudism as far as i know. now that i am remarried and she is into it, i am reborn and this spring we will be going a lot.
with or without the co-workers.

Have a Great Day :)
Mike & Karen

Smooth Moby
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  5:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we lived in Austin Texas, my wife and I would go with out coworkers to the nude beach there. (Hippy Hollow) Everybody had a good time and enjoyed the time spent together the way we were meant to be, nude.

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  06:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A co-worker of mine (I'm currently a waiter at a dinner theatre in the same position she is in) is a bartender at another establishment. Two of her regulars there are open nudists. She told a joke* and I think she sensed that my reaction was a little reserved from the rest of the group. My gut feeling is that she's not only into the lifestyle, but she guaged my reaction to the joke. Will tell if it turns out to be accurate.

* The joke was something she heard from a supposed textiler and couldn't wait to repeat to her nudist friends: "Who's the most popular guy at a nudist resort? The guy who can hold two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts at the same time." To which her nudist friend instantly replied, "Who's the most popular woman at a nudist resort? The woman who can get the last donut!"

I suspect she sensed my reservations about such activities (though I did smile at the jokes).

That's as close as I can get.

sanua_chap

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit sanua_chap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Several folk at work know, and are okay: no problems, no questions. One person at work found out and caused major problems. I'm the boss, and he took it as an issue to the chair of my board of trustees and so on.

It's the only bad reaction we have had. Most of the folk at my wife's work know, and are fine. One or two think it is 'gross' but not important.

Edited by - sanua_chap on 01/16/2008 12:30:32 PM

ultrahd
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  5:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ultrahd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i usually dont tald to my employee's about what goes on after work ,but my secetary uses my computer once in a while ,i do have pics of me at the beach on my computer,and the different nudist sights i go on, she did came out and ask me one day if i have ever gone to a nude beach,i did tell her i have ,she did also let me know that she would like to try it some day when she get her courage up, so far we have brought up the subject up again

gladdyman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  2:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have belonged to a nudist club for about 5 years.
As we are always going away for the weekends, the club is about 1 hour away, people at work have asked where we go.
The ones we know will not make a big deal about it have been told and don't make a big thing of it.
As time goes on we are more open about our nudist life although we find some people with some pretty wierd ideas on what happens at a nudist club

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  07:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting question. I don't make any effort to hide that I'm a nudist. Many of our family and friends know that we're nudists and visit resorts and local landed clubs. I've never been asked about it at work but if someone were to do so I would answer honestly.

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I initially was so excited to be living nude again that I would freely mention it to certain family members and co workers and friends. It was so healing for me after the death of my wife to have rekindled this old lifestyle I had always wanted to live, so I would talk freely about it. I was careful who I'd mention it to but soon learned I need to be more careful. Too many people have the wrong impression of what nudism is. It seems once they decide there is no changing their minds. I unfortunately feel that I will remain a closet nudist except to my new nudist friends and perhaps a couple family members who have been supportive.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved