Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Do co-workers know? If so, how do they respond?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something
Page: of 7

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  2:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I told one of my coworkers that I was close friends with. She didn't seem judgemental, but yet on the other hand she never mentioned it again. Sort of like: "the hobby that dare not speak its name." In a way, I kind of wish I'd never mentioned it. We're not such close friends anymore; I sometimes wonder if that is why.

I have told non-work friends, and they seemed to be cool with it. I guess it just depends on people's level of sophistication.

Quiet Naturist

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  9:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of people at work whoom I have given good reason to suspect that I'm a nudist. I have talked to them about nudism, and they said that they could never do it, and I told them that I'd have no trouble with it, all the while, smiling. Still, working where I do, I still have to be carefull. On a different topic, can anyone think of a way to bring up the topic of naturism in Arkansas without risking arrest? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My dream is to one day be able to talk freely about this topic that I have come to love so much.

jbsnc
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  4:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of the women got a big smile when they found out that I was an active nudist. I've worn in public a tee shirt advertising my participation in Skinny Dipping. Several women smiled at me, not one man acknowledged it.

Happy Nuding.

4reoftxtle56
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  12:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of my co-workers, family or friends know I am a nudist. I do have one friend who knows only because he is also a nudist. I have never told any co-workers and do not plan on telling anyone. If family or friends ever discover my love of nudity I am not sure how I will react. My wife knows I love being nude inside our home but unfortunately is not a nudist herself. At time she will walk around nude after a shower but that usually only lasts a few minutes while she gathers what she is going to wear. I do not push the issue and when we are in the same room I wear shorts or sweat pants. I always sleep nude no matter if I am at home or away.

Edited by - 4reoftxtle56 on 02/23/2012 11:22:09 AM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  6:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently moved to a relatively small city and have been in touch with a local non-landed nudist club. They are nice folks, and there are good reasons to join the club. And yet ... I have always made it a habit to keep the nude and textile sides of my life separate. (In life, one must pick one's battles with care, and the thought of explaining things to textile skeptics just makes me tired.) Maintaining that separation in a small town where everybody knows everybody is likely not a realistic possibility. It would be nice if simple nudity, even to those who don't care to practice it, didn't have a certain stigma attached to it, but that's not the world we live in. I'll have to decide pretty soon whether or not to join the local club, and the decision is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  11:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Luck Doc,

Hope your decision becomes clear.

Diger

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  01:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, I know what you mean about the stigma Doc. But, for the most part the people I've met who have hang-ups about nudity don't turn out to be close friends.
Being a small town, baby steps is appropriate .

prairieflya
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  4:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

I recently moved to a relatively small city and have been in touch with a local non-landed nudist club. They are nice folks, and there are good reasons to join the club. And yet ... I have always made it a habit to keep the nude and textile sides of my life separate. (In life, one must pick one's battles with care, and the thought of explaining things to textile skeptics just makes me tired.) Maintaining that separation in a small town where everybody knows everybody is likely not a realistic possibility. It would be nice if simple nudity, even to those who don't care to practice it, didn't have a certain stigma attached to it, but that's not the world we live in. I'll have to decide pretty soon whether or not to join the local club, and the decision is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be.

We also live in a small town and have fairly high profiles as professionals here. It would not serve us well in our workplaces to be completely open about our naturism. Having said that, we did join the nearest landed club about 40 minutes away and have not regretted it. We do run into fellow members occasionally in the textile world, but everyone has always been discreet about the circumstances of the relationship.

There are any number of ways that our lifestyle could become more well known than we wish, but I worry least about anyone from the club causing that to happen. We also have a fairly wide group of textile only friends that know, but this is why they are our friends, they also understand why what we do is important to us.

I guess I'd have to say that our naturism is neither public knowledge, nor a big a secret. I don't have an issue about sharing about it with someone that either has a need to know or someone who I have a close relationship with. Our parents know, quite a few of our church friends know.

We have a montage of discreet photographs of the two of us hanging in our bathroom at home that make it pretty clear that we practice naturism. My rule of thumb is that if we know someone well enough that they might have reason to be in our bathroom, we probably know them well enough for them to understand that we are nudists.

The centerpiece of the montage is a photo I took of a sign at Haulover Beach..."Attention-Beyond This Point You May Encounter Nude Bathers"

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  12:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i'm retired now but when i worked about 5 co-workers knew i was a nudist and several of them were also nudist, i met up with 2 of them and their spouses at several nudist resorts and even went to the nude beach with another. i wasn't to concerned who knew as i saw nothing wrong with what i was doing

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  07:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steady78

Ya, I know what you mean about the stigma Doc. But, for the most part the people I've met who have hang-ups about nudity don't turn out to be close friends.
Being a small town, baby steps is appropriate .

When dealing with sensative issues and friendships, one should remember the old saying, "Those that matter, won't care; those who care, don't matter".

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  12:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The world is so strange; someone comes out as gay and most people hug and accept them. Someone comes out a nudist and most people look for the nearest 10 foot pole.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  08:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudesunguy----I agree I could have told my mom I was gay and she was going to say cool but I said mom I enjoy being nude so she goes oh ummm ok...not a very supportive mother for one who herself has gone to nude resorts...I only told one female co worker I used to work with I went to a nude beach she just took it as conversation probably assumed I was lying etc.

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2012 :  12:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Nb and I worked, before retirement, everyone we worked with knew we were nudists. There were many questions over the years and most people thought it was cool and wished they could try it but were afraid. When asking what they were afraid of, we would really get some funny answers.
Jenni

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2012 :  1:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudieboy and jenni

When Nb and I worked, before retirement, everyone we worked with knew we were nudists. There were many questions over the years and most people thought it was cool and wished they could try it but were afraid. When asking what they were afraid of, we would really get some funny answers.
Jenni

We are a married couple Cee and Cay. Cee's coworkers know he is a nudist. Cay's co-workers do not. We work in places where the attitudes are so different that Cay's co-workers could never be trusted with this information. Some general friends, some family members, church members, and our church pastor all know we are nudists. There are still some people that we do not want to know about it.
We have been nudists since the 90's.
We get funny responses like, "we could never do that in front of others" or "you are braver than I am".
How long have you two been nudists?

Being Naked and Being Real

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2012 :  2:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blaven
Nb came from a nudist family and we were married in 1994, so together we have been a nudist couple since 1994.
I was just in the beauty shop today and they always have questions because as they say I'm there coolest coustomer. Today it was about erections and shaving...
If you read the answer I wrote in my first time, I'm sure you will get a laugh.
Jenni

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved