Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Cinnamon ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and Children / The Law Concerning Children
 What is appropriate with young step-kids around?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mandated Reporter??? Topic Next Topic: We need legal advice!! ...16 and married nudists?
Page: of 3

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  3:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess my response was keyed into the fact that you had several postings in which you were concerned about their "reaction"...and it seemed you were majorly concerned with whether they would "giggle, make jokes" or whatever.
All I'm saying is if your family is going to practice nudism, and IF you have the safe permission (meaning no concern of interference from the biological father or court system), then it probably won't be any more of a reaction from the step-kids than it is to anyone else on the "first day" at a nudist resort or nude beach.
My only experience has been with a nude beach for five days on vacation and,as I've posted before, you look for little while, you might get looked AT for a little while, but in the whole scheme of things...any awkwardness or embarrassment that occurs becomes "old news" within a matter of a couple hours at most.
What I'm suggesting is, IF the kids make a remark similar to what I did about asking my Dad if he couldn't shut the bathroom door instead of standing around in his baggy boxer shorts...you can handle it the same way he did with me: Ignore it and do what you want to do. Kids don't make the rules in a house, they just get to live there. (I was reminded of this often) lol
Also, as further clarification, I wasn't raised in a nudist family and if I hadn't been on vacation for 5 days at Orient Beach I wouldn't have ANY real experience to even begin to chat about.
I wish you well with your stepkids and nudist lifestyle, I think it is a fine way to be brought up from what I see and hear on the forum discussions.

Ash

Bob S.
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  5:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Your children have, for years, seen their mother naked and either has never commented about it to their father or he just hasn't cared. This should be a positive for continuing carefully into the realm of "home nudism."

Now keep in mind, it has mainly been in normal situations such as changing and bathing, as you mentioned. But this is normal for many families, even non-nudist ones. While there is no problem with seeing their mother naked, the kids are having some issues with their own nakedness which also happens around this age.

Will there be any wisecracks from them? Maybe-maybe not. They haven't made those comments about their mother, so they may not make them to you. If they make a few comments and they are fun-loving, do so back. If the comment is out-of-line, deal with it. And realize that "young nudists" don't make those kind of comments. Thise are reserved for the textile children.

"Is a stepdad different (morally) than a biological dad?"

No. Just legally.

Bob S.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  12:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RunnerGirl

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

SleepyGuy,
All I can tell you is when I was 8 to 10 years old (and also now that I'm 19) the last thing I was interested in was seeing my dad or mom nude. I remember walking by the bathroom in the mornings and my Dad would be standing there at the sink shaving with his undershorts on and the only comment I ever made was "Geeez Dad...can't you remember to close the door?"
As I became 13 or 14, I think I had a longer list of people I would have liked to see nude....but my parents were never in the top 100 lol

Ash

lol, very good Ash. I would agree, at 13 (I am 18 now....listen to me and Ash people, its still fresh for us), my top 100 to see nude had Brad Pitt several times, but not either parent.

I can't say what is the best thing to do, but I agree with Ash.

Morgan

ok well you may not have wanted to see your parents however some ppl are more open and when ur raised that young with nudity you really don't care who is nude around you

shyguyND

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  7:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see shyguyND's MSN Messenger address  Send shyguyND a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Underwear is not nudist, it's not family-oriented, it just is something that isn't polite to wear around others.

At nudist venues, definitely not allowed. Underwear can seem provocative.
Just my 2 cents.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

I agree with you. Having on underwear, or bathing suit, or bikini can be quite erotic. Being nude...well everything shows. The point of underwear and such it is hides areas, and accents figures or curves

loveit

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  3:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see loveit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this eems to go round and round, i have two step daughters of late teens and they are used to seing me nude, since my x and i arnt together anymore, the girls still come to mine because the mum knows me very well and realises they are safe, one of them now 19 infact lives with me, with the younger children mentioned at that age kids dont pay much atention to natural nudity generly and if they dont hide in horror when ur around them try asking them, what they think, but my experiance has been chilfren this age dont worry, it would seem if mum does it then they already pay no concern speak to your partner annd ask her view, or go into it gently and leave bathroom door open while in bath, if they work in and you dont make anything of it surly that is a sign to me that they wont be bothered, you will soon know, as they will certainly make them selves heard if it shocks them, i am betting they wont, seems one sided to me, if your partner knows you well she will surely be the judge of you, i wish you luck, i also think if there dad is aware of his x's ways it wont be suprising surly, to the biological dad.

cositom

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Mandated Reporter??? Topic Next Topic: We need legal advice!! ...16 and married nudists?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.12 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved