Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 410 ]  [ Total: 410 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Categories of Nudists
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Are you naked right now? Topic Next Topic: How much nudist experience do you have?
Page: of 5

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  09:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
>Wannabe Nudist - Reads about it on the Internet, perhaps has tried nudity at home alone but never in mixed company.

>Skinnydipper - Has skinnydipped, perhaps alone or even in mixed company, but doesn't participate in nudity beyond that point.

>Home Nudist - Is nude in the home but never anywhere else.

>Backyard Nudist - Sunbathes and or skinnydips in backyard (or another private area such as a private veranda) but never in a public area.

>Occasional Nudist - May or may not be nude at home. Visits one or more clothing optional or nude areas when schedule permits.

>Social Nudist - Belongs to a club and attends meetings or participates in social (non-sexual) nudity as often as possible.

>Vacationing Nudist - Vacations at nudist venues on a regular basis.

>Activist Nudist - Actively advocates for nudism.

>Club Nudist - Owns, rents, or has membership at a nudist venue for more than just vacation time.

>Year-Round Nudist - Owns or rents a home either in a nudist venue or in a private area and spends a majority of his/her day nude on a year-round basis.

>Club Owner/Manager Nudist - Runs a nudist venue and participates in the nudist lifestyle.

>Ultimate Nudist- Runs a club, maintains a forum, advocates for nudism, participates in nudism, and spreads goodwill to all they know.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 11/21/2004 12:35:38 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  12:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchummaine

>Club Owner/Manager Nudist - Runs a nudist venue and participates in the nudist lifestyle.

>Ultimate Nudist- Runs a club, maintains a forum, advocates for nudism, participates in nudism, and spreads goodwill to all they know.

Not all owners/managers are nudists - The first one that comes to mind is Berkshire Vista in western Mass. The park is beautiful and well-maintained.

Hugs,Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 11/21/2004 12:40:54 PM

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  1:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have heard of these strange individuals, owning naturist clubs when they arnt naturists. I dont mind as long as the ground are nice and the people and atmosphere are good :)

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  1:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My first thought on seeing this topic was: "I hate categorizing people and I hate being categorized." But then I thought, "Everyone is different, that's good, and this illustrates it. It keeps life interesting."

Maybe I'm thinking too much. Anyway, I fall into the group that just goes to the beach at every opprtunity. I don't get nearly enough chances to. But I'd like to excercise more of the options available.

Randy

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  4:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The owners at Berkshire Vista are nice people and the couple of times I visited, we had a super time.

I guess I fit in the final category. Although running a club is not that easy. I spend over 30 hrs. promoting nudism and Travelites a week. That includes wathing over a bunch of online boards and listservs. I also have a full-time job, 7 acres, 4 cats, and a husband leaving little time for me...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my hot tub

Hugs,Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  7:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I would put us in a category, it would have to be the Year-round Nudist. We don't live in a nudist community but are nude all the time at home. We are only dressed when we absolutely have to be.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  9:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also add one more catagory beach nudist. Durring warm weather I go to my local nude beach several times a week and go to a resort a couple of times a year.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

CopperQuail
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And don't forget the sub-catgergories:

Shaved, Non-shaved
Non-Erection, Open erection, Hidden erection
Pierced, Non-pierced
Open-sex, Hidden-sex, Non-sex
Non-drinking, Social-drinking, Drunk
Smoker, Hidden-smoker, Non-Smoker
Buff, Average, Non-athletic (nice way to put it since I'm in this group)
Touch-dancer, Non-touch-dancer, Non-dancer
AANR, TNS

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  11:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You need another category:
Retired Ultimate Nudist

That's me. I've done all the stuff in the Ultimate part and now I just veg at home in the nude or at the beach or club in the nude or online in the nude. You might say I'm just barely getting along

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  10:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri
I guess I fit in the final category.

But of course you do. When I was typing the description, I was thinking of you :)

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  11:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeisntlewd

My first thought on seeing this topic was: "I hate categorizing people and I hate being categorized." But then I thought, "Everyone is different, that's good, and this illustrates it. It keeps life interesting."

Maybe I'm thinking too much. Anyway, I fall into the group that just goes to the beach at every opprtunity. I don't get nearly enough chances to. But I'd like to excercise more of the options available.

Randy

The goal wasn't to separate us. It was to show the diversity of people who constitute the nudist/naturist lifestyle. Some people don't realize they are nudists, and poo poo the "club nudists" as perverts despite the fact that THEY sunbathe, skinnydip, and Hot tub nude at home.

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  11:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CopperQuail

And don't forget the sub-catgergories:

Shaved, Non-shaved
Non-Erection, Open erection, Hidden erection
Pierced, Non-pierced
Open-sex, Hidden-sex, Non-sex
Non-drinking, Social-drinking, Drunk
Smoker, Hidden-smoker, Non-Smoker
Buff, Average, Non-athletic (nice way to put it since I'm in this group)
Touch-dancer, Non-touch-dancer, Non-dancer
AANR, TNS

Yes, I understand that some people think that sex and erections are part of nudism, however, they are no more a part of nudism as they are a part of textilism.

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  11:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeAl

I would also add one more catagory beach nudist. Durring warm weather I go to my local nude beach several times a week and go to a resort a couple of times a year.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Well, we can call the categories whatever we like. I sort of thought that Beach Nudists qualified as >Occasional Nudist - May or may not be nude at home. Visits one or more clothing optional or nude areas when schedule permits.

nudecampin

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  11:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm mainly a backyard nudist and have been for years. I also take advantage when in a secluded area to be nude. I like being outdoors as much as possible.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  12:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchummaine

The goal wasn't to separate us. It was to show the diversity of people who constitute the nudist/naturist lifestyle.
I realize that you didn't mean it in a negative way. Sometimes I just think too much.

Randy

nynudistcpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  1:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Send nynudistcpl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are social nudists who love to be nude with others, especially at the beach! New York does not have the most nudist friendly weather in the world. Although, we do have a few great nudist beaches in the Tri-State area; Gunnison, Lighthouse, Smith Point and a few others on Fire Island where nudity is accepted. So I guess we're "weather permitting nudists" who consistently seek out warm weather environments during the winter to feel free again!

NYnudistcpl

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Are you naked right now? Topic Next Topic: How much nudist experience do you have?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved